Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Knives

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By The Tourist
  • 1 Post By The Tourist

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2019, 09:32 AM   #1

The Kershaw Shuffle II

As you can see from the picture, I am modifying a new Shuffle II for my own personal use. It's a good knife, and you should get one for a "spare."

As most of you know, I carry three blades. A larger automatic (usually a Boker) as a defensive tool and recently a small neck knife as Madison is rife with both libtards and "no weapons" signs.

I also carry a smaller folder clipped to my left pocket, and truth be told, it does 90% of my slicing chores.

Now, I gave away the former Shuffle II to a young man who was just joining the military and was most likely to be shipped overseas to repair helicopters. I asked him if he knew what "bundle chafing" was, and he told me he did not. I handed him the Shuffle II. He's about to find this out, but I believe there is several miles of wire in a UH-60...

Then there's us. We slice stuff everyday and never give it a thought. However it's better to dull your back-up than your large folder. It looks like the forum is about to get another Blue Ridge dealer, and this would be a good task to assign him.

Oh, here's an odd thing that could only happen to Madison folks. If you go into a biker bar, and just sit on a bar-stool, the wait-staff will hand you a bottle of beer, which I have heard has alcohol in it! You just toss a few half dollars on the bar, sweep them to the rail, and the bartender simply watches you consumer mind altering fluids! I have never seen such a thing!

Now, what if you're not near such a bawdy establishment where people just hand you any frigging thing you desire? Beer bottles have securely positioned caps to ward off the mentally deficient. Well, the kind people at Kershaw have added not one but two beer bottle openers (and a screwdriver) to the rear of the Shuffle II. I kid you not! In fact, most of my riding compatriots don't even know there's a blade on the other end...

Click on picture to enlarge.

DSC02605.JPG
CharlieW and Jflytle like this.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:06 PM   #2

I got home and had to re-polish it. Just being carried raised several whisker marks. I did not cut a thing.

It doesn't look like it's rubbing anywhere, but there were marks on both sides of the belly bevel.

Now that I think about it, the swarf did have a muddy, dark quality to it. I hope it got a good, thorough heat treatment.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:40 PM   #3

Nice looking little pocket knife. Are you thinking about another barge project?

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2019, 04:53 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Dude22 View Post
Nice looking little pocket knife. Are you thinking about another barge project?
You mean like "Duffel up a Shuffle"? No, it hadn't even crossed my mind...
Old 04-27-2019, 03:24 PM   #5

Dude22, all kidding aside, I don't think that little knife would be that popular. After all, I use mine when I don't want to damage "something good."

And there's the expense. A cheaper knife has to be billed out at the same time and materials as an expensive knife. Figure in freight and tax, and it's over five times what the knife is worth retail.

Now, they do get sharp, but even mine has whisker marks all over the belly bevel, and I was happy just to get 30% of them out.
Dude22 likes this.