Jealousy drove my Buck 112 Auto Purchase. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Knives

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2019, 03:44 PM   #1

Jealousy drove my Buck 112 Auto Purchase.

Okay, okay, I'll admit it. I was jealous about the auto 112s that have been showing up. Fortunately, I have a friend who gave me the steal of a deal. Should be here by next week.

So here's my plan. I intend to polish the edge until it's sharp enough to split an atom. Then, nothing...

No polishing the brass, no polishing the sheath snap. Just a razor sharp knife and working sheath.

Yeah, yeah, I'll square up that useless bend right off the ricasso, but that's just for me. I hate that worthless bend...
bhunted, RustyIron, Tejun and 2 others like this.
Old 05-31-2019, 03:59 PM   #2

Good choice. It's a solid knife and I don't even think you could break it. Plus it comes with a lifetime guarantee. I can't wait to see how long it takes you to order the 110 also. LOL
Tejun likes this.
Old 05-31-2019, 04:07 PM   #3

And then there are the Auto Elites. With black G10 checkered grips and nickel silver bolsters. The first one I bought was the 112 standard automatic which I gave to my grandson. Then I ordered the 110 standard automatic which I'm going to give to my son later today because I just received my 112 Auto elite this week. It never seems to end. It's a good thing I only have one son and one grandson.
wayne likes this.

Old 05-31-2019, 04:23 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
And then there are the Auto Elites. With black G10 checkered grips and nickel silver bolsters. The first one I bought was the 112 standard automatic which I gave to my grandson. Then I ordered the 110 standard automatic which I'm going to give to my son later today because I just received my 112 Auto elite this week. It never seems to end. It's a good thing I only have one son and one grandson.

Yea, but you have 2 hands. Go full Ninja.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Chuck43 and Tejun like this.

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 05:15 PM   #5

bhunted, I come from a simpler time. A four inch Sicilian stiletto went for about five bucks. I don't know how many I owned over time.

I now carry Boker Kalashnikov 74s. I have four of them, two in drop-point, and two in Bowie style. The Bowies are tighter, with more powerful springs, and frankly finished nicer--but at the same price.

The nice thing about the Bowies is that the blades are plated with copper. A nice feature in Wisconsin's snow and rain.

Click on picture to enlarge.

DSC02528.JPG
Tejun likes this.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:53 PM   #6

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
bhunted, I come from a simpler time. A four inch Sicilian stiletto went for about five bucks. I don't know how many I owned over time.

I now carry Boker Kalashnikov 74s. I have four of them, two in drop-point, and two in Bowie style. The Bowies are tighter, with more powerful springs, and frankly finished nicer--but at the same price.

The nice thing about the Bowies is that the blades are plated with copper. A nice feature in Wisconsin's snow and rain.

Attachment 113266

Pretty neat. What happens to the patina after awhile?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 06:50 PM   #7

Originally Posted by bhunted View Post
Pretty neat. What happens to the patina after awhile?
So far I have not seen any patina, on either one.

DSC02636.JPG
OLE442 and Tejun like this.

Last edited by The Tourist; 05-31-2019 at 07:26 PM.
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 10:21 AM   #8

I'm not jealous but I am envoyius, I have to admit I do like my Bucks (I carry 2) and I am curious about autos so maybe I'll have to the plunge into that dark world.
Cucamonga kid likes this.

AMERICA WE HAVE A PROBLEM
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 10:45 AM   #9

Well, it's not a "dark world" anymore in Wisconsin.

Right before Govenor Scott Walker lost his seat in the election to a libtard, he went to some honky-tonk little sporting goods store in western Wisconsin and signed a law repealing the laws against owning and carrying switchblades.

For just over two years you have been able to carry any switchblade--if you also would be eligible to carry a concealed firearm.

One of those attributes is that you must be 21 years old. I must admit, it still seems funny to be in public at the coffee cafe' and slice a double chunk chocolate chip cookie with a knife I might have used in high school.

Dinged up handle and blade, but a perfect edge. This is my "mall knife." You never know what kind of goo, or what kind of criminal, you're going to meet.

Besides, I think wannabee goons are more afraid of a switchblade's snap than a citizen drawing a pistol.

Click on pictures to enlarge.

DSC02638.JPG

DSC02639.JPG

Last edited by The Tourist; 06-01-2019 at 10:49 AM.
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:00 AM   #10

Originally Posted by wayne View Post
I'm not jealous but I am envoyius, I have to admit I do like my Bucks (I carry 2).
I just called my favorite switchblade purveyor, that would be "Joyce."

I polish knives when she has a special client, and she in turn gives me great pricing. I just bought a 3" Buck 112 in automatic.

Now, don't hold me to this, I don't want to do to this automatic I what just did with my 112 manual folder--I not only polished the edge, but the entire knife and the snap on the sheath!

Oh, I'm going to make the edge toasty--but then stop! Not even do the snap. This knife will be for "using."

Below is the manual, and yes, it was anal...

DSC02634.JPG
DeOlMan likes this.