Joyce sends her thanks... - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Knives

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2019, 01:57 PM   #1

Joyce sends her thanks...

As many of you know, my best supplier is Joyce, over at Horizon Bladeworks, 828-884-4302.

Now, as a knife salesman I often have to deal with vendors that carry a priority knife or a model Joyce does not stock. Truth be told, these vendors often send me knives with asymmetrical bevels, or the stuff arrives late, or I only get deals if I threaten to hang up.

Joyce would rather apologize and personally wrap your knives because that's what she considers is "a business." The first thing she told me today on the telephone was that she had filled some orders "for KimberTalk."

She thanks you, and I thank you. Each one of those knives is personally inspected and packed by her. And if you ever get a decorative scratch, she'll make it good--and you can take that to the bank without a care.

Now for the humorous part. Joyce's husband Nick and my wife don't understand how Joyce and I can sit on the telephone for an hour and talk 'knives.' We even trade knives. When the first Barges came out I sent her two of them, both polished--she packed orders with them.

Nick stopped her one day and asked why she was not using their own brand for doing the shipping and receiving. Joyce just told him, "Oh, Chico polished these for me, and they last longer than some of ours..."

She later laughed and told me that Nick asked her why a blade-head would give her knives, especially ones they do not sell. He had sighed, "He (Chico) does know we are a cutlery distributor, doesn't he?"

Oh, and finally, as I was wrapping up our call, I asked her to sell me a knife, a very pricey "Tuxedo Automatic 1.9 Inch Tanto." She was wrapping it as we parted company, and then she added, "I can do better on the price than listed..."

If you're going to buy a decent knife--and you do not want to worry about the transaction--call Joyce. Even if you're an older Rhodesian Mercenary, Joyce knows more about the knife you carried than you do!

And it's fun just to schmooze with her...thanks, guys.

BTW, guys, the knife I just bought from Joyce is listed below. My wife likes smaller automatics and eats with them at our favorite restaurant, "Doolitles." If you're looking for a smaller, yet high quality switchblade, check this one out...

https://www.nicnac.net/contents/en-u...anto_5452.html
bhunted and motormac like this.

Last edited by The Tourist; 06-12-2019 at 02:04 PM.
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-13-2019, 09:33 AM   #2

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
My wife likes smaller automatics and eats with them at our favorite restaurant, "Doolitles."
Tuesday night at dinner I whipped out my BB Barge to cut up my very own miniature green pepper!

I'm getting LOTS of peppers on my plants: First time growing peppers! So I grabbed the biggest one (about 3" tall) before I left home and cut it up to add to my chicken parm... YIPPEE!

El
Jflytle and motormac like this.
Ice-and-Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 10:20 PM   #3

Im one of em Tourist. Thank you for putting me onto the Protech TR-2. Great knife. I like it a lot more than my Benchmades. Have a Reflex that I was always afraid of snapping the blade (i abuse my knives). So I bought a 9051 AFO and its huge and heavy. The Protech fits the bill nicely. The blade is almost as heavy as the Benchmade, but it is a lot thinner and lighter. And it fires a lot faster. Meant to thank you sooner, but thanks for the tip Tourist.
motormac likes this.
Double J is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2019, 11:35 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Double J View Post
Meant to thank you sooner, but thanks for the tip Tourist.
Might be a little too late, J.
I spoke with Chico a few days ago. I'm not sure if he'll be rejoining us to see your message. It's a shame, as he led some of us down the path of new knives finished to a new degree of sharpness.

So it goes...
OLE442 and Jflytle like this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 03:48 AM   #5

I noticed he seemed quiet all the sudden again. What did I miss? I thought I was at least quickly perusing all the new activity here every day, although admittedly I've had some significant distraction this month.
JBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:54 PM   #6

Im sorry to hear that. Chico had interesting things to share. I enjoyed his posts. Thats what I get for lurking to much and not thanking him sooner. If you speak to him again Rusty, tell him theres someone here who appreciated his insight. Thank you
CharlieW, OLE442, Jflytle and 1 others like this.
Double J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:10 AM   #7

A lot more than one someone.
CharlieW, OLE442, Jflytle and 2 others like this.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:33 AM   #8

I remember this era, not a good walk down memory lane. I'm glad you guys remembered me, and I'm glad I came back!
bhunted, OLE442 and motormac like this.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:17 PM   #9

In fact, speaking of Joyce, I just bought a knife from her. The other dealer wanted 350 bucks, Joyce had them for 180.
motormac likes this.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:23 AM   #10

Krikey! 8 9 10