• 2 Post By wayne
  • 4 Post By bhunted
  • 2 Post By DeOlMan
  • 2 Post By 2sharp2
  • 1 Post By Tejun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2019, 08:33 AM   #1

eBay Win - Buck 112

I've been searching eBay for a decent Buck 112 that I can replace the scales with the Buffalo Horn blanks I recently bought. Had found one that had a Buy-it-Now price of $29 but the blade was terribly molested and the leather sheath appeared to be in even worse condition. I figured I could get Buck to replace the blade (I think that is $10) so I threw out an offer of $12 and the seller countered with $24 so it was evident we weren't going to get close. Decided to move on and somehow came across an auction that was about to end for a really nice 112 that had the Hoyt Buck signature on the blade. It had no bids and nobody watching. Opening bid was $25 so I went in at $25 figuring it would ramp up (like they do most of the time) in the last 5 minutes. Well, I won the auction with that single bid of $25 and free shipping to boot

Only thing I can figure is it was how he posted the title. Only had Buck and nowhere in the title or description was the model number so anyone searching for a Buck 112 was not seeing that auction I guess. He listed the blade as 3" which is what the 112 is, so I took a chance.... heck, if it was a 110 that was good too !! Seller shipped it out promptly and here it is.

Its in such good condition though, I'm not sure I want to replace the scales on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HoytBuck112.jpg (73.7 KB, 8 views)
Chuck43, Marshall, 2sharp2 and 4 others like this.
Micro 380 Stainless
Micro 9 Stainless
Solo CDP
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-20-2019, 09:23 AM   #2

Originally Posted by Tejun View Post
I've been searching eBay for a decent Buck 112 that I can replace the scales with the Buffalo Horn blanks I recently bought. Had found one that had a Buy-it-Now price of $29 but the blade was terribly molested and the leather sheath appeared to be in even worse condition. I figured I could get Buck to replace the blade (I think that is $10) so I threw out an offer of $12 and the seller countered with $24 so it was evident we weren't going to get close. Decided to move on and somehow came across an auction that was about to end for a really nice 112 that had the Hoyt Buck signature on the blade. It had no bids and nobody watching. Opening bid was $25 so I went in at $25 figuring it would ramp up (like they do most of the time) in the last 5 minutes. Well, I won the auction with that single bid of $25 and free shipping to boot

Only thing I can figure is it was how he posted the title. Only had Buck and nowhere in the title or description was the model number so anyone searching for a Buck 112 was not seeing that auction I guess. He listed the blade as 3" which is what the 112 is, so I took a chance.... heck, if it was a 110 that was good too !! Seller shipped it out promptly and here it is.

Its in such good condition though, I'm not sure I want to replace the scales on it.
Damn you stole that knife , great deal !!

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
Chuck43 and Tejun like this.
billyb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:33 AM   #3

I think you ripped off, but being a nice guy I'll help you out. I'll give give $25 for and being such a nice guy I'll even pay shipping

Not falling for that huh, ok. Nice score, I think I would looking for one to rescale, that one's to nice.

AMERICA WE HAVE A PROBLEM
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2019, 11:39 AM   #4

Very nice. Polish up that brass and add some Ren Wax. Good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck43, 2sharp2, Tejun and 1 others like this.

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:04 PM   #5

Tejun, great ! Steal You should consider posting some pics on BladeForums Buck Knife forum. If you post a picture of the date stamp those knowledgeable folks over there will tell you all about it.
DeOlMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:13 PM   #6

Tejun, you can turn your luck around if you do like SnowTao and bid on 5 items at the same time, then you win 4 out of 5. lol

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:48 PM   #7

Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
Tejun, you can turn your luck around if you do like SnowTao and bid on 5 items at the same time, then you win 4 out of 5. lol
I almost did that once and thankfully realized what I was about to potentially get myself in to
Chuck43 likes this.
Micro 380 Stainless
Micro 9 Stainless
Solo CDP
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote