...well, my wife polishes her silver... - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Knives

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By The Tourist

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2019, 12:20 PM   #1

...well, my wife polishes her silver...

(This post has been brought to you by The Knives Forum).

While all of the debating was happening, I noticed my favorite folder was a bit tarnished. Now, as you can see, not all MC bikers carry black knives with a skull-and-bones theme, I just happen to prefer a certain Buck.

There is something festive about a bright red folder! And that red handle is made from an extremely dense plasticine composite that you will never chip or break.

I never found the Buck 110 that handy. Because of its round shape on both ends, you could easily slip your frozen hand onto the sharpened edge instead of the deer. Enter my fave--the Buck 112, the thinking man's blade.

First, I must clear the air on one point--The Buck 112 is made from the same materials, alloys and Rc hardness as the bigger brother. The one asset it has is the 'finger choil' bolster on the business end of the knife. That choil will keep your fingers where they belong, that being firmly attached to your hand!

And the 112 will field dress your trophy buck with the same precise edges as the Buck 110. Of course, you get the identical rich, black leather sheath of the 110, this one is just tooled down to fit the 112.

Now, I have lots of Buck 112s, and all of them have fine grain steel blades that take a razor edge. For a metal pegged at 420HC, the designers sure got this folder right the first time.

If you are a fan of the 110, call your dealer and try the 112. It's easier to carry on your belt, the choil bolster is an improvement, and if you loved the 110, the 112 will win your heart, too!

DSC02912.JPG
billyb4 likes this.

Last edited by The Tourist; 10-22-2019 at 12:23 PM.
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads