I went to Cabela's. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Knives

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By The Tourist

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2019, 04:12 PM   #1

I went to Cabela's.

I had not been to Cabela's in the last few months. I intended to go, but I got sick and then forgot. So I went today.

Nothing really new in their handgun department, so I went over to their knife counter and talked to the salesman there. Surprisingly, most of their display was foreign to me and I fear "foreign" is the operative word. Lots of nickel plated bolsters.

But like all knife guys, he dumped out his CCW carry, and I produced the three I had with me. His were more expensive, but mine were sharper. We both had a good laugh and that's when the "fairytale stories" started to come out. If you're a true blade guy you can spin a yarn that would drop the planet Earth off its axis!

I told him my story of being pursued in Argentina by their so-called police. I slowly warmed his interest, telling him how they cornered me in a blind alley...

He straightened up and intoned, "What happened to you then?!!!"

I ended with, "Well, they shot and killed me..."

He laughed and knew that he had been had. He then said, "Here's a few knives you've never seen before..."

Now, that's a good knife salesman! Never let a good yarn spoil a sales pitch. I almost bought a knife I didn't need!
DaVinci likes this.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:35 PM   #2

Nice posting
Andyz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 05:31 PM   #3

@Andyz23, I have been privileged to see remarkable events in history. I graduated from the UW-Madison while many parts of it still smoldered. I saw the 'real south' that fed me by day and kept me up all night with burning crosses--on my vacation! I became a MC member when bike clubs were comprised of men, not posers from "Easy Rider." I polished knives for local cops, and Marines destined for trouble overseas. And best (or worst) of all, I had an incredible fling with a redhead and her loaded automatic pistol.

I have to pinch myself sometimes. I am so glad I am a boomer because 'modern society' has taken all the danger--and all of the fun--out of being male.

My familial demographic pegs my time left here to be 24 years. I might yet get to see a city on the moon, the death of Islam, the invention of non-polluting fuel, and atomic powered Harleys.

It's closer than your think.