I'm going to stay here in "Knives." - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Knives

Like Tree76Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2020, 02:27 PM   #1

I'm going to stay here in "Knives."

It dawned on me the other day that I really hate politics. When I pull up the new posts for the day here I usually have to skip over two dozen topics until I find something I like. Then it hit me.

I really like knives--and all of their attributes. I like collecting them, polishing/sharping them, refurbishing them and just sliding one of them into a pocket. I cannot tell you who is the guy who rules Britain, but I can tell what knife you have in your pocket just by seeing only the protruding brass-butt.

I look forward to hearing about your stuff, hopefully stuff I have never seen.

So I'm going to stay here in "Knives." I'm excited, I just inked up a bevel to polish...
wayne likes this.
Old 08-18-2020, 02:55 PM   #2

Hi Chico - I know you indicated you retired previously, but I have an older Buck 110 folder that I would love for you to fix up. It was my grandfather's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Buck 110.jpg (1.26 MB, 9 views)

Last edited by rushrock; 08-18-2020 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Attach photo
Old 08-18-2020, 04:19 PM   #3

What Happened?

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
It dawned on me the other day that I really hate politics. When I pull up the new posts for the day here I usually have to skip over two dozen topics until I find something I like. Then it hit me.

I really like knives--and all of their attributes. I like collecting them, polishing/sharping them, refurbishing them and just sliding one of them into a pocket. I cannot tell you who is the guy who rules Britain, but I can tell what knife you have in your pocket just by seeing only the protruding brass-butt.

I look forward to hearing about your stuff, hopefully stuff I have never seen.

So I'm going to stay here in "Knives." I'm excited, I just inked up a bevel to polish...
What happen Chico? At 1:27 you post this so you gonna stay here in "knives". 30 minutes later you bounce over to "Kimber Concealed Carry" and turn a thread about fanny packs into a knife commercial. It's a well-known fact that you don't read the OP's first post and just jump in with any random thought the pops in your head that will turn it into a knife commercial but, geez, you ought to at least read your OWN posts.
Chuck43, Marshall, 2sharp2 and 3 others like this.

Old 08-18-2020, 04:21 PM   #4

I'm reluctant to handle any pistol handed down. One mistake, and it's over. Think about this, carefully.

Frankly, I would first see a professional in your area. Let him check it, inside and out.

And truth be told, I hate working on inherited items, and you should take that into consideration.

Last edited by The Tourist; 08-18-2020 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-18-2020, 10:03 PM   #5
VTX

Originally Posted by rushrock View Post
Hi Chico - I know you indicated you retired previously, but I have an older Buck 110 folder that I would love for you to fix up. It was my grandfather's.
Contact Buck Knives, Post Falls Idaho. Lifetime Warranty

https://www.buckknives.com/about/contact-us/
Old 08-19-2020, 06:28 AM   #6

I'm reluctant to handle any pistol handed down. One mistake, and it's over. Think about this, carefully.

Frankly, I would first see a professional in your area. Let him check it, inside and out.

And truth be told, I hate working on inherited items, and you should take that into consideration.
Ok...thought I'd give it a shot.
2sharp2 likes this.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:29 AM   #7

Originally Posted by VTX View Post
Contact Buck Knives, Post Falls Idaho. Lifetime Warranty

https://www.buckknives.com/about/contact-us/
Thank you. I may do that. It just needs cleaning up and polishing.
Old 08-19-2020, 08:22 AM   #8

Actually my status has been altered again. I find I like going to the gym early instead of sharpening early, or at all. I got up early, worked out and got home before the dog got up! I was even the first one to open a new, virgin newspaper! If I would have known the joys of being a fully retired bum I would have started that career at the age of 35! I did have to make my own coffee...
Old 08-19-2020, 01:06 PM   #9

Actually my status has been altered again. I find I like going to the gym early instead of sharpening early, or at all. I got up early, worked out and got home before the dog got up! I was even the first one to open a new, virgin newspaper! If I would have known the joys of being a fully retired bum I would have started that career at the age of 35! I did have to make my own coffee...

Nobody is listening to you anymore...

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

Kimber 84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
Kimber SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
Kimber 84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
Old 08-19-2020, 02:18 PM   #10

Chico, most of the members here on K talk are well rounded mature adult males who are into their Kimber firearms. Your constant off-topic rambling about memories of your college and biker glory days don't really add anything of value to forum discussions especially when all you really want to do is talk about knives.
Do you wanna ramble on about knives? Fine. Keep it in the knife forum. But when someone else is talking about a particular firearm or accessory and they're asking questions they don't want to hear about your biker days, your redheads, your stilettos or the Sicilians that make them.
The only value I get out of reading your nonsensical ramblings of your youth are that I am glad and thankful that I'm not living my last few years dwelling on my own past.

Last edited by Cucamonga kid; 08-19-2020 at 02:42 PM.
Closed Thread