Kimber Talk Forums banner

Hello everyone..from Minnesota

1K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  Ultraman 
#1 ·
A few weeks ago I purchase a new Solo with CT grips. This is my 1st ever Kimber pistol. I have been reading this forum ever since I became interested in the Solo. I have learned everything I know about this gun from this great forum. I am retired and love to shoot. I have ccw permits in three different states, and after I get several hundred rounds through the Solo, I plan on using it as my carry choice. Also have an emp .40, but it seems a bit heavy to lug around all day.
I have had one range session of about 40 shots. Gun was flawless for the first 4 or 5 mags, and then I started to get FTE's, with 4 different approved loads. I failed to clean and oil the gun prior to going to the range, so hopefully, this was the problem. I have since taken the gun apart about a dozen different times to make sure I knew how to properly assemble it. Piece of cake. I will post the results of my next range session once it is all cleaned and oiled.
My first post was a picture on my new holster from Wright Leather Works. I paid the $50 for rush service and had it in my hands two weeks later. They are really great people and have a holster that is made for the Solo with CT grips.

#2 ·
Welcome to the site from Tennessee! Congrats on the new Solo.

#10 ·
Hey Ya'll!

Welcome to the forum from beautiful downtown Monroe, Georgia!!!
Font Automotive exterior Pattern Logo Signage

Font Electric blue Rectangle Magenta Circle

Congrats on the new Solo. Send us some pictures and a range report after your next trip to the range. Enjoy and shoot safe!!:cool::cool::cool:

#13 ·
I failed to clean and oil the gun prior to going to the range, so hopefully, this was the problem. QUOTE]

Welcome. Kimbers are not known to be very wet out of the bag, just the opposite. Many of the issues with new Kimbers can be avoided with a good lube before and during your range sessions. Usually I'm in the minority at the range; I have lube on my bench along with my pistols and ammo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.