Kimber Talk Forums banner

New member from St. Louis, MO

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  If1Hitu 
#1 ·
Hello, I am a new member and new Kimber Micro Desert Tan .380 owner.

My new Kimber Micro .380 did not operate as well as I expected. I had no problem with the first mag, all six fed, fired and ejected. After that I had feed problems with the first 2 bullets then the next 4 fed and fired. This continued when I tried non-Kimber mags. If I loaded only 3 bullets in the mag it would feed and fire. All misfeeds were stuck on the ramp or partially in the chamber. Used Sig Sauer 100gr. FMJ, Winchester 95gr. FMJ, Remington 95gr. FMJ.

I am going to order a few more Kimber mags and clean and lube the Micro .380 and try some different ammo. Before calling Kimber.

I fired the same ammo thru my Colt Mustang Pocketlite .380 and Ruger LCP II without a failure to feed, fire or eject.

Any Suggestions?

#3 ·
Samson,

A big welcome to the Kimber Talk Forum....I live in the Middle Tennesse area of Tennessee. Clean it good, lube it down...preload some mags and mess with them. My wife's was a little contrary to start out with until we got it broke in. Hers like the American Eagle brand of ammo. When we go to the range...I load a clip and rapid fire about two of them, then I let her shoot some. Hey, is Joey B's still there near the Arch?

#6 ·
Welcome to the site from Tennessee.

#10 · (Edited)
Hey Ya'll!!!

Welcome to KT from beautiful downtown Monroe, Georgia!!!
Sky Building Tree Urban design Neighbourhood

Vehicle registration plate Rectangle Font Magenta Electric blue

Congrats on the new Micro Carry. Sorry to hear that you are having issues with it. As others have said, be sure to clean and lube it and use Kimber recommended ammunition. I had a similar issue with my Pro Carry II and this video helped me take care of the problem. Try this:

I realize that the video is on a 1911 and you have a Micro. However, I believe that the mechanics of the two are the same or very similar. Therefore, the adjustment should be the same. Sounds like you have a loose extractor to me. Give your Micro the tension test to find out. Let us know how this works out for you. If you still have issues after you make the extractor adjustment and complete the break in, it's time to call Kimber Customer Service. The folks at Customer Service are magicians and do wonderful things!! They will make your Kimber perform up to your expectations!!

DO YOU KNOW MARSHALL???

I used to live in Missouri.....KC side of the state.

Reactions: Markie
#12 ·
No Problem-o!!

Thank You for responding and thank you for the technical help via attaching a video.:)
Hope the extractor test and adjustment (if needed) cures your Micro's ailment.

Shoot straight and be safe!!

Keith

#13 ·
Sent my new Kimber Micro .380 Desert Tan back to Kimber

Hello, I am a new member and new Kimber Micro Desert Tan .380 owner.

My new Kimber Micro .380 did not operate as well as I expected. I had no problem with the first mag, all six fed, fired and ejected. After that I had feed problems with the first 2 bullets then the next 4 fed and fired. This continued when I tried non-Kimber mags. If I loaded only 3 bullets in the mag it would feed and fire. All misfeeds were stuck on the ramp or partially in the chamber. Used Sig Sauer 100gr. FMJ, Winchester 95gr. FMJ, Remington 95gr. FMJ.

I am going to order a few more Kimber mags and clean and lube the Micro .380 and try some different ammo. Before calling Kimber.

I fired the same ammo thru my Colt Mustang Pocketlite .380 and Ruger LCP II without a failure to feed, fire or eject.

Any Suggestions?
I contacted Kimber Customer Service on June 19 about the problems with my Micro .380 FTF and Failure to go into battery. They emailed a return label and I shipped the gun off. I received notification of receipt of the gun on June 22, 2017. On July 21 I received the gun back from Kimber with the following notes on the Packing List:

We performed the following work:
The recoil spring was replaced
The barrel was refinished
The chamber was reamed and polished
The extractor was adjusted
Test fired 3 mags of Buffalo .380 auto FMJ and 1 mag of Hornady .380 auto JHP

I took the Micro .380 to the range today and fired 100rds of Remington .380 95rd FMJ and 25 Hornady .380 90gr JHP with NO failure to feed or failure to go into battery.

I am very pleased with the Kimber Customer Service and very pleased with the way the Kimber Micro .380 Desert Tan performed. If it continues to run the next few hundred rounds as it did today, I will consider it for CCW duty.

#14 ·
So glad it seems the problems were fixed! Look forward to continuing range reports.

#16 ·
Great! Glad to hear that Kimber took care of the problem for you. Welcome to the forum. Keep us posted on how it continues to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.