crimson pro carry 2 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum News > New Member Introduction

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #1

Arrow crimson pro carry 2

Hello from Florida everyone!! New to the Kimber family and hoping to find some good insight and resolve to problems...
jm_nativeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #2

Welcome. You say you are new to the Kimber familiy. Have you recently acquired your first 1911, your first Kimber, or are you just now deciding to join the community? Have you been having specific problems you are looking to resolve?

For my part, I just picked up my Super Carry Custom HD last Friday. I fired 1911's back in the 80's, but this is the first one I have owned. With all of the fud you hear from 1911 haters, I was a little worried. Glad to say I put 115 rounds through it the day I got it, it performed flawlessly, and the trigger is a dream.
farruggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #3

Yeah, this is my first Kimber... the XD subcompact 9mm by Springfield is my everyday companion and I have a few others but my first Kimber and boy I have been disappointed... My buddy has an Ultra carry and can't shut up about how great it has been... So I buy The Pro Carry ii and it jams up and fails to feed more than enough times were I don't feel safe to carry or depend on this firearm... I love this addition to my collection just want to know what needs to be done to fix..
jm_nativeson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #4

Originally Posted by jm_nativeson View Post
Yeah, this is my first Kimber... the XD subcompact 9mm by Springfield is my everyday companion and I have a few others but my first Kimber and boy I have been disappointed... My buddy has an Ultra carry and can't shut up about how great it has been... So I buy The Pro Carry ii and it jams up and fails to feed more than enough times were I don't feel safe to carry or depend on this firearm... I love this addition to my collection just want to know what needs to be done to fix..
I am sorry to hear your experience with Kimber started out on the wrong foot. Still, all may be well. Your best bet to get good info would be to go to the 1911 forum, and find a sub-forum specific to your model. I've only been on here a few days, but I've learned a ton already.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #5

have you taken the gun apart cleaned and oiled as in the owners manual ? keep your kimber clean . a little oil goes a long way. my only suggestion.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:08 PM   #6

Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
have you taken the gun apart cleaned and oiled as in the owners manual ? keep your kimber clean . a little oil goes a long way. my only suggestion.
scottyboy, that's twice today I've seen you give that advice. The redundancy is cool, because we both know you're right. Did I say redundancy? I meant consistency.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #7

Originally Posted by farruggio View Post
scottyboy, that's twice today I've seen you give that advice. The redundancy is cool, because we both know you're right. Did I say redundancy? I meant consistency.
i hesitated putting up twice as i thought everyone would think i was being a dick but i know alot of people don't read the recomended breakin in the kimber manual. I followed it for mine had 3 failes in the first fifty but none in the last 250 so i still need 200 rounds to complete the breakin. I think i'm good to go but i will still tear down and clean and oil 2 more times in the 200 rounds. actually i posted this 3 times . i hope someone having problems tries it and lets us know if it helps.kimbers are tight and must be loosened up . keeping them clean helps. like your super carry my tactical pro 9mm is running great.

Last edited by scottyboy; 03-29-2013 at 10:16 AM.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

2013 reviews of the kimber crimson pro carry 11

kimber crimson pro carry 2

kimbers ultra carry problems 2013
kimbersupercarryprocrimsontr
kimbertalk.com pro carry hd

super carry pro hd

super carry ultra hd
ultra crimson carry 2 forum
Click on a term to search for related topics.