Sunny Day in the Pacific Northwest - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum News > New Member Introduction

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2018, 12:43 AM   #1

Sunny Day in the Pacific Northwest

Been a Kimber owner for 9 years now, somehow I never logged onto a Kimber specific forum till today. Been on 1911 forums before though, read plenty Kimber hate mail there. Got tired of all the Sig hoopla and Glock talk. How did I find this forum today? Well, I was trying to find out more about the Micro 9 Woodland Night w/FO front sight. It's not on the Kimber website, and this Forum link showed up. And Voila, here I am. As I posted here earlier on some of the threads, I am already a Micro 9 CSE owner. That would be an exclusive model sold through Cabela's. The NEW Micro 9 Eclipse is almost identical; just a slightly different G10 grip design. Here's a picture of the CSE. My first Kimber was an SIS Ultra. Had a Black finish Pro Raptor, liked it a lot, but I traded it in for a Super Carry Pro HD just over 6 years ago. Never had any issues with any of my Kimbers, except for the SIS Ultra. Sadly, I've read plenty of posts about the Ultra sized models (by many manufacturers) having feed issues. My SIS Ultra probably has barely 500 - 600 rounds through it. Last time I took it out, it ran flawless for approximately 50 rounds (all I shot that day). I imagine the FTF issues I was having we're likely related to break in, and poor grip on my part. I plan to take it out a couple times this year and see how well it works. If I can execute 100 or so flawless rounds, I think we are home free. Well, glad to be here, and hope to share more and learn more being here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3693.jpg (306.9 KB, 5 views)
Chuck43, 2sharp2, Jflytle and 4 others like this.

Last edited by smithkowitz; 03-02-2018 at 01:41 AM.
smithkowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-02-2018, 06:16 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois smithkowitz.
smithkowitz likes this.
Old 03-02-2018, 06:32 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum from Michigan.
smithkowitz likes this.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:13 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum from Ohio.
smithkowitz likes this.

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:06 AM   #5

Welcome aboard from central California
smithkowitz likes this.

Always be ready - 5.11
Hoffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:14 AM   #6

Welcome from southern CA.
smithkowitz likes this.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 11:07 AM   #7

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois smithkowitz.
I appreciate everyone that has welcomed me to KT. Just wanted to let you know Chuck, I'm an Illinois Native; moved to the PAC NW almost 12 years ago. It's good to see that Illinois finally allows CC and the firearm barriers (meaning ownership bans) in places like Oak Park, Chicago and a few other towns have been taken down. Now if we can only get National Reciprocity passed . . . then I could travel to Illinois by vehicle and be legal and prepared the entire journey.
smithkowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:32 PM   #8
Super Moderator

With a carry license from your state of residence you can legally travel in Illinois with your gun. Before you exit your vehicle you must secure it, you can't take it outside of your vehicle unless you're going to lock it in your trunk. A man from Mo. was in Illinois recently and attacked, without exiting his vehicle he shot the attacker and was not charged with anything, the sheriff of the town he was in praised him.

My son who lives in Michigan has a carry license, when he comes to visit he wears his gun. As long as he doesn't exit his vehicle he is good to go. Once he is at my house he can exit the vehicle with the gun and continue to carry it while remaining on my property.
Jflytle likes this.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:31 PM   #9

Welcome to the forum from another Northern Illinoisian
smithkowitz likes this.
Jflytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:46 PM   #10

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
With a carry license from your state of residence you can legally travel in Illinois with your gun. Before you exit your vehicle you must secure it, you can't take it outside of your vehicle unless you're going to lock it in your trunk. A man from Mo. was in Illinois recently and attacked, without exiting his vehicle he shot the attacker and was not charged with anything, the sheriff of the town he was in praised him.

My son who lives in Michigan has a carry license, when he comes to visit he wears his gun. As long as he doesn't exit his vehicle he is good to go. Once he is at my house he can exit the vehicle with the gun and continue to carry it while remaining on my property.
That's confusing AF. Maybe it's just Friday, but I had to read that twice to fully comprehend it. Luckily, I doubt I'll have to go to IL in the near future, but will be sure to read up if I ever have to.
GoCart is offline   Reply With Quote