Long time lurker, first (second, actually) time posting - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum News > New Member Introduction

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2019, 03:38 PM   #1

Long time lurker, first (second, actually) time posting

Good evening (it's evening here, anyway).
I've been around guns in some fashion for most of my life. Between my grandfathers' and father's military service and my brothers' police service, hunting, shooting sports (love sporting clays - with a pump no less), I've been around things that go "bang" most of my life.
By no means am I an expert. Actually, I personally loathe the word expert - every person I know that personally identifies as an "expert" invariably has demonstrated that they are at best an unreliable source of information and at worst just plain dangerous to be around. There is a huge difference between a self-proclaimed "expert" and someone who is quite clearly "experienced". The good ones don't need to tell you they're qualifications - it usually shows.
I've never reloaded ammunition, but I've "unloaded" quite a bit of it.
I've never built a gun - but I've taken a few apart.
I'm no marksman, but I can put meat on the table(occasionally meat I've actually hunted).
I'm no gunsmith, but I've done minor work to all of my guns (LOP, polishing chambers/ramps/actions, stock/grip changes, simple stuff).
I've voided a few warrantees, too (and not just on guns).
I'm from "everywhere" (military brat) but I consider Pennsylvania home (for now), before that Ohio, before that West Germany (yes, there used to be 2 Germanies - I was from the West one). I've got two kids that, thankfully, are smarter than me even though they're 6 and 8. I think my 8 year old daughter should be a doctor - but I'll never make her decisions for her - she'd probably tell me to piss off anyway. I think my 6 year old son would be an awesome supervillain - but I pray he stays on the good side when he gets older. He's ridiculously smart and has a way with the ladies that I only wish I had.
I've made 41 trips around our sun and generally pee standing up (unless I'm tired, drunk, or want to look at facebook for a few minutes - also after 40+ kidney stones I'd rather not be standing when the next one hits).
I'm not sure what else to include in a "Hi, my name is" - oh, my screen name is from college - apparently I consumed an immoral amount of tequila and decided to challenge the entire security staff of the local watering hole... they just laughed... I walked home... that's pretty much the entirety of my experience in hand-to-hand conflict.
I'm a firefighter (the crayon eating kind), and EMR (one "step" below EMT - no drugs from me) - both volunteer (yup, I'm dumb enough to do this crap for free). I'm a Business Analyst - which basically means I tell people that they're doing "it" wrong - whatever "it" is this week, and they pay me, sometimes in money.
TequilaWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-18-2019, 03:46 PM   #2

Welcome to the site from Tennessee.

I also like the screen name.

Gold Combat LE
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
CDP Ultra
Raptor Ultra Stainless
RCP Ultra
SIS Custom
SIS Pro
SIS Ultra
TLE Pro (TFS)
Stainless Raptor
Custom Two Tone .45/460 Rowland
Super Carry Ultra Plus
84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 03:56 PM   #3

Originally Posted by TequilaWarrior View Post
Good evening (it's evening here, anyway).
I've been around guns in some fashion for most of my life. Between my grandfathers' and father's military service and my brothers' police service, hunting, shooting sports (love sporting clays - with a pump no less), I've been around things that go "bang" most of my life.
By no means am I an expert. Actually, I personally loathe the word expert - every person I know that personally identifies as an "expert" invariably has demonstrated that they are at best an unreliable source of information and at worst just plain dangerous to be around. There is a huge difference between a self-proclaimed "expert" and someone who is quite clearly "experienced". The good ones don't need to tell you they're qualifications - it usually shows.
I've never reloaded ammunition, but I've "unloaded" quite a bit of it.
I've never built a gun - but I've taken a few apart.
I'm no marksman, but I can put meat on the table(occasionally meat I've actually hunted).
I'm no gunsmith, but I've done minor work to all of my guns (LOP, polishing chambers/ramps/actions, stock/grip changes, simple stuff).
I've voided a few warrantees, too (and not just on guns).
I'm from "everywhere" (military brat) but I consider Pennsylvania home (for now), before that Ohio, before that West Germany (yes, there used to be 2 Germanies - I was from the West one). I've got two kids that, thankfully, are smarter than me even though they're 6 and 8. I think my 8 year old daughter should be a doctor - but I'll never make her decisions for her - she'd probably tell me to piss off anyway. I think my 6 year old son would be an awesome supervillain - but I pray he stays on the good side when he gets older. He's ridiculously smart and has a way with the ladies that I only wish I had.
I've made 41 trips around our sun and generally pee standing up (unless I'm tired, drunk, or want to look at facebook for a few minutes - also after 40+ kidney stones I'd rather not be standing when the next one hits).
I'm not sure what else to include in a "Hi, my name is" - oh, my screen name is from college - apparently I consumed an immoral amount of tequila and decided to challenge the entire security staff of the local watering hole... they just laughed... I walked home... that's pretty much the entirety of my experience in hand-to-hand conflict.
I'm a firefighter (the crayon eating kind), and EMR (one "step" below EMT - no drugs from me) - both volunteer (yup, I'm dumb enough to do this crap for free). I'm a Business Analyst - which basically means I tell people that they're doing "it" wrong - whatever "it" is this week, and they pay me, sometimes in money.
😂 I think that's the best intro I've ever read.

Old 02-18-2019, 04:24 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum from Michigan.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:26 PM   #5

Howdy!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: png Howdy.png (1.60 MB, 2 views)
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 04:29 PM   #6

Welcome from Mid Michigan, great intro.
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 04:39 PM   #7

great intro! Welcome!
Old 02-18-2019, 04:45 PM   #8

Welcome awesome intro!!
Old 02-18-2019, 04:53 PM   #9

Welcome from The Peoples' Republik of Madison. We have more communists than Moscow. Except their commies work...
Old 02-18-2019, 05:43 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois.

Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote