Kimber Talk Forums banner

First Kimber

1K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  JoeG214 
#1 ·
Just got a kimber micro 9 added CT laser grips. I shoot at an all around Sportsmans club - trap, sport clay, pistol, rifle, skeet, .....quite a bit of experience, RSO, trainer, and enjoy the sport.

#2 · (Edited)
I've got the stainless model with the LG. Worked just fine out of the box and I trust enough to carry it sometimes.Great little shooter smaller than my Glock 43 and holds an extra round. The G 43 has been reassigned to wet work. Meaning when I'm in the garden, working on the lawn or paddling around in the canoe.

#4 ·
My wife bought a micro 9 for her birthday, the Saffire model with the fancy blue trim. I liked it enough that I picked up a Micro 9 Shot Show in basic black with the hogue grips. As a Pro Carry II shooter, it's really comfortable and familiar...and light! Break it in and shoot straight?

#6 ·
I don't own a Micro9 DW6395, congrats on the little shooter. Welcome to the site from Tennessee.

#15 ·
First "His and Her" Kimber Micro 9 Shot Shows...

OK, I'm a transplant from Long Island NY to East TN for over 3 years now (wouldn't want to live anywhere else!). For my birthday this year, my wife surprised me by getting us enrolled in a gun safety / CCW training class. Please understand that she was really anti-gun (or so I thought) up till then.

At the range, while she'd never fired a handgun in her life, she promptly put her first shot in the "X", turned to me and our instructor and asked, "Is that OK?" :) While we had the opportunity to shoot a number of different guns/calibers during training, we ended up buying 2 shot show micro 9's. Basically, I picked it because it felt so good in my hand (the extended mag fit my pinky and it felt like a great, comfortable grip).

We've done a lot of dry firing in our basement with a laser/target iPhone app hooked up to a flatscreen (very helpful). I've only got about 250 rounds through mine at the range vs. about 75 on hers, but it's been very reliable. I really do like it a lot. My wife did surprisingly well at the range and is basically hooked now :) 4 months later and she can't wait to purchase our next handguns :)

After the terrible Walmart shooting, I concealed carried for the first time (going to Walmart of course...). To be honest, it's not something I thought I would ever do. However, my wife was the one who insisted I take it. I have to say, it felt pretty darn good. Now I'm not looking to be a hero, but it was just nice to know that if anything happened, I wasn't going to die on my knees, with my hands in front of my face, trying to stop a round from an AR. Just sayin'.

God bless America :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.