Micro 380 Slide Stop Malfunction - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum News > New Member Introduction

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2019, 06:03 PM   #1

Micro 380 Slide Stop Malfunction

Good Afternoon,
Just wanted to give a quick story and maybe help out someone owning a micro 380.
I had purchased one new a few months ago and found that if you sling shot the slide it will not always release (no big deal) I started using the thumb release and that worked fine, BUT had a few occasions that I would fire the first round out of the mag and the slide would lock back with rounds still in the magazine.
I sent it in to Kimber, they changed the slide stop lever spring and sent it back and it still did the same thing, I sent it back with a detailed note of what the issue was and they sent it back again after changing the slide stop, recoil spring and the slide stop spring again.
I took it out of the box and loaded a mag, sling shot the slide 4 times and 2 of the 4 it did not release. I sent an email back to "Dawn" and she responded by telling me that I should use the thumb release instead because "that's the way they do it", Completely ignoring the fact that it locks back when it shouldn't.
I took the gun apart and found with a loaded mag the 2nd bullet hits the slide stop pushing it up causing it to not release the slide or locking the slide back while firing with multiple types of ammo. I filed the slide stop and polished it and the gun now sling shot properly, I did not bother taking it to the range. I sent a video and pictures of before with a bullet touching the slide lock and an after showing the clearance between them. I asked Dawn at Kimber to replace the gun because it clearly has a frame issue because the slide stop had already been replaced. And have been completely ignored since.
Unfortunately I can not compare customer service of any of the other brands of guns I own, Sig, Colt, S&W and Ruger because they ALL WORK!
Absolutely the worse gun I have ever owned and I owned a Lorcin years ago!
Hopefully this will help someone that is having the same issue because Kimber sure can't fix it..
I Traded mine in for a 95 year old Colt (half the price) That runs FLAWLESSLY!! SOOO disappointed with my first and ONLY Kimber!
Estep is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-30-2019, 07:47 PM   #2

Originally Posted by Estep View Post
I sent an email back to "Dawn" and she responded by telling me that I should use the thumb release instead because "that's the way they do it", Completely ignoring the fact that it locks back when it shouldn't.
It's rather insulting when the "phone answerer" tries to tell someone how to run a gun. Kimber has a punk-ass named Sergio who told me that I should go to my local range and enroll in a handgun course.

Let's just pray that Dawn and Sergio don't have too much to drink at the company Christmas party, end up in the utility closet, and have ugly little babies that grow up too stupid to solve life's problems and when they're old enough to handle guns, end up shooting themselves in the feet if they ever figure out which way the pointy end of the bullet goes.
DaveinNC and wayne like this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 08:38 PM   #3

Dawn’s been great to me...maybe she was having a bad day...or I’m extra charming?!?

Old 08-30-2019, 10:11 PM   #4

I don't really get registering on KT just to rant about a gun you've already traded. Whatever.
Chuck43, Marshall, Tejun and 4 others like this.

"If you want peace, prepare for war."
KCJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 10:58 PM   #5

Howdy from Kentucky.

Yes I am a Democrat,that love his guns!
If1Hitu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 08:25 PM   #6

Welcome from another new member (Missouri). My own recent experience with Kimber customer experience folks left me as happy as a clam who never heard of chowder.
Bigdog likes this.
michaelg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 09:11 PM   #7

Yes it was a bit of a rant KC, but the point was if for some reason someone had the same issue and wanted to keep the gun, how to fix it..sorry for trying to help! but great job ignoring the point and replying to my post with absolutely no point to your reply!
Estep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 09:16 PM   #8

Originally Posted by KCJeep View Post
I don't really get registering on KT just to rant about a gun you've already traded. Whatever.
Maybe sometimes they need closure ???
Markie likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 03:51 PM   #9

Estep, if your still here...welcome from Tennessee, if not...well BYE.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 11:16 AM   #10

Originally Posted by KCJeep View Post
His post was much more informative and topical than most. I donít really get the problem with it. Whatever.