A Newbie Micro-9 owner says "Hi" - Page 2 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum News > New Member Introduction

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2019, 02:28 PM   #11

Welcome from NC.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:35 AM   #12

Hey Sarge welcome to the forum from NY..
Old 10-08-2019, 04:58 AM   #13

Welcome to the forum from Northeast, Pa.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2019, 06:24 AM   #14

What they said^^^^^^^^^

And my Micro 9 has been reliable and a good shooter. I would suggest a good cleanly and lube job on it before you take it to the range....and racking a lot really helps loosen things in too.
motormac likes this.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:55 PM   #15

User error most of the time. I too have a Micro 9 crimson carry. being left handed hasn't made much difference in carrying it or shooting it. If you read some of the user complains it comes down to {round got stripped out while removing the mag} are you fully depressing the eject button and letting the mag drop free? ETC. this is my EDC gun and I would trust my life with it. BTW welcome to the forum. Be sure to jump in and give your 2 cent worth.
LeftHandGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 04:31 PM   #16

New owner saga cont'd:
Saturday PM - finally picked it up at my LGS. No history of it. It it was in almost 'scarey-good' shape in virtually pristine w/not even an "idiot" mark in the slide stop area. I'm a little leery of what I'm gonna find when I get it to the range cuz other than the cursory operational check I gave it when they initially rcv'd it, when I ran a patch thru the bore I found almost no residue. Don't know how Kimber ships them from the factory but the entire piece was bone dry! It gives the appearance of having been taken straight out of the box, shot, and then replaced and put up for sale.(?) I gave it a complete cleaning,a thorough oiling and mechanical check and racked it several dozen times to loosen it up, but won't know how it actually functions until I get it to the range sometime this coming week. It's giving me the 'willies' that someone may have gotten a lemon and simply got rid of it ASAP by dumping it on the market. Oh well.... no sense in borrowing trouble just yet. Thanx to my "greeters" and I do agree that a lot of semi-auto "problems" do originate due to limp wristing. I've got my fingers crossed and will give a range report when I manage to get there.
-73- Ol' Sarge
motormac likes this.
OlSarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:29 PM   #17

I have witnessed a trade-in, where the user did not like the feel of the piece, immediately, and traded on another piece with only a few rounds through it. Maybe, it was no problem, just wanted to try it for feel. A family friend purchased a SA XDe with 4 mags, on Saturday, that shows no wear at all. You may have found a 'diamond in the ruff.'
Old 10-13-2019, 07:32 PM   #18

Many women buy them for the size then realize you have to hold on tight
motormac likes this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 09:17 PM   #19

Originally Posted by OlSarge View Post
New owner saga cont'd:
Saturday PM - finally picked it up at my LGS. No history of it. It it was in almost 'scarey-good' shape in virtually pristine w/not even an "idiot" mark in the slide stop area. I'm a little leery of what I'm gonna find when I get it to the range cuz other than the cursory operational check I gave it when they initially rcv'd it, when I ran a patch thru the bore I found almost no residue. Don't know how Kimber ships them from the factory but the entire piece was bone dry! It gives the appearance of having been taken straight out of the box, shot, and then replaced and put up for sale.(?) I gave it a complete cleaning,a thorough oiling and mechanical check and racked it several dozen times to loosen it up, but won't know how it actually functions until I get it to the range sometime this coming week. It's giving me the 'willies' that someone may have gotten a lemon and simply got rid of it ASAP by dumping it on the market. Oh well.... no sense in borrowing trouble just yet. Thanx to my "greeters" and I do agree that a lot of semi-auto "problems" do originate due to limp wristing. I've got my fingers crossed and will give a range report when I manage to get there.
-73- Ol' Sarge

I have three points of advise:

1. Don't worry about malfunctions that have yet to occur due to you not firing it yet.

2. Rack that slide a couple "hundred" times.

3. Add MORE lube than you think could possibly be needed. I don't own one but some friends do and after we added a good amount of extra lube malfunctions stopped.
motormac likes this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 09:19 PM   #20

Originally Posted by motormac View Post
I have witnessed a trade-in, where the user did not like the feel of the piece, immediately, and traded on another piece with only a few rounds through it. Maybe, it was no problem, just wanted to try it for feel. A family friend purchased a SA XDe with 4 mags, on Saturday, that shows no wear at all. You may have found a 'diamond in the ruff.'

OR a "turd in the punchbowl."
motormac likes this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus