Kimber Talk Forums banner

Avid Shooter from Two Different Worlds

1K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  bigdog10 
#1 ·
Hi Folks. I'm a new member presently signing in from San Diego (Zombie mask capital of the U.S.), and I would like to wish everyone a big Hello!

Man... What a contrast... Leaving Scottsdale, after shooting at the Class III range, eating in restaurants, and where life is fairly normal. Then, coming out to S.D where Zombie masks are everywhere and I need a permit to buy .22 ammo.

It is amazing what a difference 350 miles can make both culturally and socially.

Anyway... I am a proud owner of a new Micro 9 Raptor. It is my first carry gun after owning over 70 firearms, primarily C&R .22 target pistols. Kimber still builds a nice gun. Fit and finish is excellent and it's a great shooter.

Several mods to follow... :>)

#2 ·
Greatviews, welcome to the site from the free state of Tennessee.

#6 · (Edited)
:) Yeah, Janice's sons live in Commiefornia. Matt is a medical tech for Long Beach FD, Kevin is a teacher in Vista.

No matter what, the SD coast is beautiful and when it's 116 in Scottsdale, San Diego is a great place to cool off. However, AZ is home.

If I could sum-up AZ in two words, they would be : "Makes Sense". We have our little issues here in AZ, but not many. Also, the AZ Desert is magnificent and incredibly beautiful. It's hot, but very beautiful.

And in response to RustyIron: Yes. And you'll love this... We have three firearms with us. We enjoy target shooting at a little private gun club in North SD County. So, we brought an S&W Victory .22 (Target), a Ruger .22 Lite (Target), and our new little Kimber Micro 9 (Carry).

Not one of these guns are on the "Approved" list in Cali. Idiots...

#8 ·
Welcome there, Greatviews, good to have another like-minded fellow join the group.

I can relate to your comparison between AZ and CA. I left the goofy commie CA madness many years ago, now won't even go there to visit, as CA does not honor our CCP's, so if we can't legally carry there, we won't spend any money there either. I doubt they miss us anyway. :D

Looking forward to your AZ desert adventures. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.