FNG from Kalifornia - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum News > New Member Introduction

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2013, 11:02 PM   #1

FNG from Kalifornia

Greetings! Just traded an AR for a Kimber Custom Target II Gander Mountain Edition. It will come w/ the .22 conversion kit as well.

Looking forward to learning more about Kimber and the specific model. Anything i should do or not do or watch out for? I read on another forum that I should get a few Wilson Combat mags.

Thanks in advance!
bababoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-20-2013, 04:12 AM   #2

Welcome your in the right place for kimber info. enjoy!!
bigdog10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois bababoris and congratulations on becoming a Kimber owner. If your Kimber is used, clean and lube it then have some fun with it. If it's new read your owners manual and follow the recommended break in procedure. If you didn't receive a copy of the owners manual you can download a copy on Kimbers website. As for magazines, you can use what you want but there's nothing wrong with Kimbers. I think the KimPro Tac-Mag is as good as anything out there and can be purchased for 2/3 of what you'd pay for other brands. The .22 conversion kit is a lot of fun, the only problem I have with mine is finding ammo for it.
Marshall likes this.

Old 12-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #4

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois bababoris and congratulations on becoming a Kimber owner. If your Kimber is used, clean and lube it then have some fun with it. If it's new read your owners manual and follow the recommended break in procedure. If you didn't receive a copy of the owners manual you can download a copy on Kimbers website. As for magazines, you can use what you want but there's nothing wrong with Kimbers. I think the KimPro Tac-Mag is as good as anything out there and can be purchased for 2/3 of what you'd pay for other brands. The .22 conversion kit is a lot of fun, the only problem I have with mine is finding ammo for it.
Appreciate the advice. It is/or will be used for I'll definitely download the manual and get familiarized w/ the gun. Thank you!
Old 12-20-2013, 11:25 PM   #5

Hi from Vegas, You say you are from Kalifornia, where are you at now. I moved here from Palm Springs 12 years ago, loved the area, hated the politics. It's a wonderful experience being free again.
You will love your Kimber!
sbubrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:02 AM   #6

Welcome from the Midwest . For best results follow Chuck 43 's advice.
Congratulations on the Kimber.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #7

Greetings and congrats. I also recently off loaded my AR15. Mine was the real thing, Colt SP1 1969.
Fleamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #8

Originally Posted by sbubrick View Post
Hi from Vegas, You say you are from Kalifornia, where are you at now. I moved here from Palm Springs 12 years ago, loved the area, hated the politics. It's a wonderful experience being free again.
You will love your Kimber!
Burbank. Nice weather. Crappy, oppressive government taxing hard working folks to death....
Old 12-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #9

Originally Posted by Fleamac View Post
Greetings and congrats. I also recently off loaded my AR15. Mine was the real thing, Colt SP1 1969.
Nice! Hope you got a sweet Kimber in return. I traded a 6.8 carbine that had a lot of upgrades. I think it was a fair trade.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #10

I walked out of lgs with a new Kimber Ultra Aegis II, and a new Sig 938, ammo, and some other goodies. I'm happy.
Fleamac is offline   Reply With Quote