Another From Mid-Tenn - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum News > New Member Introduction

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2016, 12:56 PM   #1

Another From Mid-Tenn

Just picked a Solo. Love the way it looks and feels but needs some serious tweaking... Did the break in with 124 & 147 gr. Ejects but won't feed properly. (80-90% of the time it won't feed). Trying to contact Kimber to send it back but phones have been out of order since yesterday.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:06 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum Kenlew! We have several members from Tennessee here. I am from So.Cal myself. A lot of solo owners on this forum. Seems the Solo is finicky at first but the everyone seems to love them after getting the bugs worked out.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:08 PM   #3

I called yesterday and was on hold forever...(about 20 minutes). Their machine answered, just never got a live person. Have you tried loading only 4 in the mag instead of 6 and using the slide release to chamber the first round?
Loki1967 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2016, 01:09 PM   #4

And welcome!
Old 02-03-2016, 01:10 PM   #5

Tried 5 + slide release. Just made it harder to pull the slide back and release the shell...

I've always had the philosophy that guns and automobiles should function like they're designed. If not, get rid of them before you get hurt. But I also know that really well engineered items have close tolerances and are less forgiving (i.e. German made cars) and require more in the way of maintenance to keep them functioning in top form. I just want to know that it is 100% reliable when I finally stick it in my pocket...
Loki1967 likes this.

Last edited by Kenlew; 02-03-2016 at 01:15 PM.
Kenlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:19 PM   #6

Understand completely! Good luck with it... still working the bugs out on mine as well.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:20 PM   #7

I usually lock the slide back, then insert mag and slingshot the slide from there.
But with that amount of feed issues, it definitely needs to go back to Kimber.
Customer service can be a real bitch to get through to, just keep trying.
They really need to work on their phone service inability to contact someone who can help you, it really sucks.
Loki1967 likes this.
Trex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:02 PM   #8

Ken, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear that your new Solo is not up to speed just yet. It appears you are using the proper (grn size) ammo. I am curious as to the brands of ammo you are using. Hopefully you will get some answers when you finally connect to Kimber phone reps. Keep us posted.

BTW, I am a displaced Nashvillian. Go Vandy!
Markie likes this.
Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:20 PM   #9

Wink Hey Here!! (It's a Southern Thing!!!)

Welcome to Kimber Talk from beautiful downtown Monroe, Georgia!!!
Monroe Post Office.JPG

Sorry to hear that you are having feeding issues with your new Solo. If you have cleaned and lubed it according to Kimber recommendations and are using the correct weight ammo, there is only one more possible cure to try. Load up the magazines to full capacity and let them set for a week or so like that. That should relax the follower spring a bit and make the first round go in a bit more freely. If that fails, you will just have to persevere with trying to contact Kimber Customer Service. Once you make contact, I assure you that they will make your Solo perform up to your expectations. Their service dept if well know for making problems go away and pistols perform up to expectations.

As for the problems of contacting Kimber Customer Service, I will apologize for that one on behalf of AT&T. The use of menus and attempting to perform the same amount of work with fewer employees was pioneered by AT&T back in the mid-8o's. According to the AT&T's MIT "bean counters", it works. Of course, they aren't the ones stuck on hold or being passed around so many times that they grew a handle!! From my experience with this, as an employee prior to my retirement, all I can say is that it is extremely frustrating and annoying!! Every time the higher ups asked for suggestions as to how to improve customer satisfaction, I told them that when customers call in, they want to speak to someone with a pulse, not a machine or a recorded menu. They never took the suggestion. Other businesses thought that if it worked for AT&T, it would work for them. Big surprise, the only ones that are happy are the "bean counters" who dreamed this lousy scheme up!! They dreamed it up, told the company how great it worked and yet were never held responsible for the dissatisfaction of the customers. The higher ups still have no clue!! DUH!!

Hey Kimber, you need some more bodies to answer the phones. Warm bodies are preferred!! Zombies need not apply!!
Zombie Girl.jpg

Once again, on behalf of AT&T, SORRY!!

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter

Last edited by Lineman; 02-03-2016 at 03:23 PM.
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:24 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from Ohio!!

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote