Kimber Talk Forums banner

Hello from another SOCALia

2K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  glokrok 
#1 ·
Hello Gentlemen, and Ladies. Glad I can be apart of a class of people in this forum I can learn from and hopefully give some help.
I'm Experienced in long guns, handguns, Polys and 1911s but new to the Kimber Lineup (Custom II & Pro CarryII).
An ExCop turned Firefighter (Because Cops need Heros, too):D..but I remained a Reserve Officer to have the best of both worlds. I have a ccw permit, I usually carry a XDS.45, Colt Def., Glock23, or Kimber Pro.

Hope I can be a positive contribution to the Forums

#5 ·
Welcome to the site from Tennessee! Thank You for your dedicated service to both. We need more "good guys"!

Reactions: glokrok
#18 ·
Thank you Gentlemen for the warm welcome and hospitality.
GlokRok, I normally carry the G23 in just a kydex at 330-4. Sometime in a Alien Gear 3.0. I'm 6.2 225lb so it's pretty comfortable carrying it. Now that I have the Pro Carry and they seem to be the same size (Pro carry a little thinner) I might be putting the G23 aside.
I definitely will post some pics and will come to you fine gentlemen for questions I have.
Thanks again guys

#13 · (Edited)
Hey Here!! (It's a Southern Thing!!!)

Welcome to Kimber Talk from beautiful downtown Monroe, Georgia!!!
Photograph Motor vehicle Infrastructure Fixture Font

Glad to have you aboard!! We can always use a new member or two. Congrats on the Custom II and Pro Carry II. They are both nice pistols. I should know, I used to have a Stainless Custom II and I now have a Pro Carry II. I kind of kick myself for trading off the Stainless Custom. It was a great shooter. I used it a lot in bowling pin matches. Bowling pins cringed at it's mere presence!! But I decided that I needed some thing shorter and lighter for concealed carry, so that was when the Pro Carry came on the scene. I have done some mod work on it and it is my favorite carry pistol as well as being my favorite shooter. As I am fond of saying: it can shoot better than I can. It makes me look good!!

Please post pictures of your Kimber pistols. We like to see what other members have. In addition, after your next range session, we'd like it if you would post a range report. We enjoy reading about how your pistols are performing. Sometimes these reports help with performance issues, pin pointing problems or even curing problems. So they are of value.

Please feel free to jump in at any time. We value new voices, new thought and experiences. Don't be a stranger. We already have strange people here! Let's see now, there is Zoomy, then there is ME and maybe a few others!!! :D:D:D

Last of all, thanks for your service to your community as both a law enforcement officer and as a firefighter. You go, DrkSh8ds!!

Enjoy those Kimbers, shoot straight and be safe!!!

#21 ·
Seriously? What's next, astronaut? Football player?

lol... Hey Rusty, I know! Pick a career and stick with it, geezo! ..funny you say that because I was going to follow one of my coworkers. She held a high rank in LAPD then all the sudden decided she wanted to be a Firefighter. After 5 years as a FF she decided to become (and currently) a FBI agent. We thought she was crazy going from a high ranking officer to a brutal "Rookie" Firefighter. She is a BAD ASS WOMAN. I decided to stay in the Fire Service.:cool:

Lineman73, what mods did you do to your Pro Carry II? I'm thinking this will replace my G23 and want to make sure it's in Tip-Top shape. Thank you Sir

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.