When do you think this will happen? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2016, 04:41 AM   #1

When do you think this will happen?

My wife and I only patronize places that allow patrons to carry firearms. Many places, even malls, have separate private entrances that are not marked with the "no weapons" decals.

And while I understand the anger, some people (and even two cops I met) say "concealed is concealed" and they carry no matter what signs are posted.

Surprisingly, my area is rife with firearms owners. We have always been a big deer hunting state, and we have thriving Cabela's and Gander Mountain sporting goods stores. A new place called "The Ammo Box" just re-opened under new management. In short, you walk a block off campus and we have more rednecks than you might imagine.

While that is the reality, we have a reputation as a geeky, whiny, political oasis of disgust for firearms and a pride in being a soft target. I know better, and I'll bet lots of towns run the same way.

After Orlando, my fear is that attacks will happen again. The problem is what one miscreant does, the next one does to the extreme.

My issue is that America is not populated by French cartoonists. I've seen women dressed to the nines wearing 1980's fanny packs that seem weighted down with "something." I don't leave home without my CCW credentials and a firearm.

So, here's my question of the day. When do you think a radicalized muslim wannabee terrorist is going to walk into a bookstore--thinking the decal will protect him--and get twenty holes blown into him?

I heard on the radio last week that there are militant cells in every American State, and there are now 3 million licensed CCW owners.

Matter of time?
Old 06-21-2016, 05:11 AM   #2

Matter of time?
We can only hope! Every once in a while I hear that some scumbag breaks into a house and the elderly homeowner kills him! Surprise!!LOL!

But then you have the ACLU types who argue that you "denied the purp of his rights to a fair trial" by killing them! Works for me!!
WhiteEagle58 likes this.

Last edited by OLE442; 06-21-2016 at 06:41 AM.
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:48 AM   #3
Super Moderator

I would caution those that chose to ignore the "No Guns" signs that they understand their local laws. Losing your "Carry License" could be a possibility.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:20 AM   #4
Banned

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
I would caution those that chose to ignore the "No Guns" signs that they understand their local laws. Losing your "Carry License" could be a possibility.
I'm not very observant of signs. If I was to stop and read every sign, I would accomplish nothing, as I would have to spend the entire day reading.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:33 AM   #5

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Exactly, Chuck.

Luckily, in Georgia signs placed on doors by businesses do not carry the force of law. However, if you enter while carrying and print or expose they can ask you to leave and you must, or be charged with trespass,.
OLE442, Hoffbrew and Spotly like this.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:49 AM   #6

image.jpeg

Now when I see this sign, It says to me "no Korth revolvers allowed; Solos are OK". Whaaaaat?😳
Old 06-21-2016, 07:54 AM   #7

Originally Posted by Insta-Gator View Post
they can ask you to leave.
Same in Wisconsin. The crime is not accidently entering a "no weapons" zone--yikes, our entire mall must have only three or four signs. I've seen two.

The crime here is refusing to leave once warned.
Spotly likes this.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:28 AM   #8

Now when I see this sign, It says to me "no Korth revolvers allowed; Solos are OK". Whaaaaat?��
Never thought of it that way....LOL!
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:30 AM   #9

I don't have a problem because I don't shop Malls or the big retail stores. Mom and Pop places for me. Haven't seen one single sign ever on a mom and pop store.

Also, here in Michigan Signs do carry the weight of law. But if you missed the sign they usually just ask you to leave. Misdemeanor Trespassing if they want to push it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 11:28 AM   #10

I cant recall ever seeing such a sign, other than at a government building. But it wouldn't matter anyway. There are no laws mandating compliance with a bunch of silly signs.
Zoomybaby likes this.
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote