"Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2016, 04:33 PM   #1

"Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated"

As is my custom, I go to the gym, shower and then worry and fret until it's time to go to the mall for coffee. Today I had to do the work of two hypochondriacs, as my wife had dinner plans with a friend.

I loaded up the UC2, checked the shine on my Harley boots, purloined beverage money from my wife and began the drive to the mall. I must admit, I'm sure glad Leonidas never met me, and that's about as low as a guy can go--when my cell phone rang...

It was my oral surgeon, my biopsy results were back and I am perfectly healthy. Then he told me the back story.

He quoted a chemical with a name so lengthy and complicated that even SnowTao would need three Asian professors and Thesaurus to untangle all the Latin and Greek adjuncts. I asked the surgeon what it was.

"Well, Chico, you big chicken," he drawled, "it's an additive used in toothpastes for whitening or are used in products to desensitize teeth. It appears you're allergic to this compound, and you had a reaction..."

I let that sink in and then responded, "You mean I had dry spot in my mouth because my wife changed brands?"

The rest of the exchange was equally dry, I asked about treatments, he told me it would heal on it's own. Then I had to do the hardest thing for me to do.

Oh, I apologized for my conduct and my demeanor. Everyone is afraid of something, but in effect, I got to walk off Thermopylae.

Lay on the insults, guys, I've earned them...
Dude22, bhunted, RustyIron and 3 others like this.
Old 06-23-2016, 04:45 PM   #2
Banned

I spent over 3 hours this morning cutting firewood from a remote mountain road. My entire body is aching and the dog is seriously pooped out and all she did was watch.

Come spend a day working a chainsaw and carrying 50lbs log pieces and it will give you something entirely different to get concerned about. Like your back.

Last edited by montanaResident; 06-29-2016 at 02:46 PM.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 04:48 PM   #3

Great news... I could do some roasting on you But you might come find me

Always be ready - 5.11
Hoffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-2016, 04:51 PM   #4
Super Moderator

You ever worry about not having something to worry about?
Marshall and swca like this.
Old 06-23-2016, 04:54 PM   #5

Only Chico can come up with this shite. Lmao.

Talk about twisting and spelling. Tell him you know how to spell a real long word and you heard that he had a really rare lung disease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Marshall likes this.

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 04:56 PM   #6

Originally Posted by montanaResident View Post
I spent over 3 hours this morning cutting firewood from a remote mountain road. My entire body is aching and the dog is seriously pooped out and all she did was watch.

Come spend a day working a chainsaw and carrying 50lbs log pieces and it will give you something entirely different to get concerned about. Like your back.

Looks like a good bit of work. No thanks, took out some dead Ash trees (Big Ash Trees) from out back a couple months ago. Still feeling it. I don't recoup as fast as I used too.

Pops6116 likes this.
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 05:00 PM   #7
Banned

Originally Posted by Albert.Cairns View Post
Looks like a good bit of work. No thanks, took out some dead Ash trees (Big Ash Trees) from out back a couple months ago. Still feeling it. I don't recoup as fast as I used too.

It is a free gym membership, that pays off BIG in the winter. I hate being cold. I'm now cutting for winter 2018/2019, I am that far ahead, and this stuff is very green, knocked down during the past winter.
Pops6116 likes this.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 05:10 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
You ever worry about not having something to worry about?
Oh, I have lots of calm moments, it's just that the last four or five months have all been back-to-back trips to the doctor. I'm a little punch drunk.

When it comes to phobias and weird human tics, I'm not even in the top ten. I'm reading a book about a guy who has emetophobia, the fear of vomiting. Evidently the stress of dealing with this gives the sufferer an irritable bowel, and dramatic bouts of diarrhea. The author once had such an attack while at someone's home.

...which was in the Kennedy compound, on the rugs, the towels, the drapes...
Old 06-23-2016, 05:39 PM   #9

"Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated"

I agree with you on the pay off in the winter. I have plenty of dead Ash trees in my future to harvest for the wood stove. Ash Bores killed a bunch of them in my woods.
I cheat, I use my Loader on my New Holland to hall the wood to the house. Saves on the back quite a bit.

Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 05:42 PM   #10

Originally Posted by montanaResident View Post

Didn't God or someone invent electricity so man wouldn't have to do that kind of work any more ?

Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote