Are you a member of the NRA? - Page 15 - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

View Poll Results: Are you an NRA member?
Yes, I am an NRA member 118 83.10%
No, I'm not a member but I've been thinking about joining 11 7.75%
No, I'm not a member 13 9.15%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree258Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2019, 07:58 PM   #141
Senior Member
 
bhunted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sumner County, TN
Posts: 2,938
Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
If more members thought like that we could turn things around, and that's the point I'm trying to get across.


Money is power. They tried bumping Latwit and heís like a bad fungus. Too powerful.

Like I said.
They can turn their whole image around by taking on one anti 2A state. Start with NJ!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DaveinNC likes this.
__________________
Regards,

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is online now   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-07-2019, 08:09 PM   #142
Super Moderator
 
Chuck43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 32,811
Originally Posted by bhunted View Post
Money is power. They tried bumping Latwit and heís like a bad fungus. Too powerful.

Like I said.
They can turn their whole image around by taking on one anti 2A state. Start with NJ!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry John but I've been fighting this battle in my state since 1968 when the FOID card was enacted. It's the residents of the state that determine how their state laws go. Yes the NRA. GOA and your local organizations can help but if the residents of the state don't speak up and vote their feelings then anything outsiders have to say fall on deaf ears.
DaveinNC likes this.
__________________
WE DON'T SHOOT TO KILL, WE SHOOT TO SAVE A LIFE.
Chuck43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:29 PM   #143
Senior Member
 
bhunted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sumner County, TN
Posts: 2,938
Are you a member of the NRA?

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Sorry John but I've been fighting this battle in my state since 1968 when the FOID card was enacted. It's the residents of the state that determine how their state laws go. Yes the NRA. GOA and your local organizations can help but if the residents of the state don't speak up and vote their feelings then anything outsiders have to say fall on deaf ears.


Ya got a few years membership on me but your state is doing fairly well. You got ccw. NJ never had it. Its a may issue state. We spent yeeearrrs battling it. They got tons of my money! Marches, protests, you name it. They couldnít/wouldnít use the Carol Bowne case!

What? Never heard of it? Read up!

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/03/car...#axzz64eHFuWck


Thatís effing sad! You know who is holding NJ hostage? Its a long time Demtard state. They hold reign and donít take this wrong! The Old Fudds keep them in office! They think we only need shotguns and hate anything not. They hate anything 2A as ling as they can hunt with their shotty... Trust me. Ill is no where near bad as NJ in fairness. Hell, Chicago is part of your state and at least they donít punish the whole state. If they did, you wouldnít be carrying. The whole state is punished!
We had a Rep Gov which kept things at bay but was a Rino in disguise.

I can give you many many many links to the anti 2a NJ bs... The Anjrpc which I am still a member. They are suppose to be the NRA arm for NJ. They tippy toe around and barely do anything!

You know the worse states for 2A.... just look at the Ammoland annual report for worse/best 2a states. Youíll see.

You canít win jack when the majority is not on your side. Unfortunately, there are more gun haters in NJ than gun owners. The ones in the middle have no interest because they have no interest in guns. As long as they have their Starbucks, they are happy. Iíll be dead by the time they get close to fixing it NJ.
I tried. Paid my dues! Its a doomed state.

Btw, Bloomturd running for pres? Watch out! Heís determined. Teamed up with Soros, is bad bad bad!

PS: we have foids, we also have ogam and one permit for each weapon.... multiple background checks. Weeks to months to get one lousey permit! You are not privy to these probs! 42 years or 55... after a certain time, its moot. Its bad, period!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChattanoogaPhil and DaveinNC like this.
__________________
Regards,

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II

Last edited by bhunted; 11-07-2019 at 08:33 PM.
bhunted is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Old 11-07-2019, 09:05 PM   #144
Senior Member
 
DaveinNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: NC
Posts: 2,958
Chuck, you're right. But first we need to get rid of the parasites.
__________________
NRA Benefactor member, Grass Roots North Carolina member, Lifelong Deplorable.
DaveinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:39 PM   #145
Senior Member
 
ChattanoogaPhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,870
Consider this.

There was a 2nd Amendment rally Saturday Nov 2 in Washington DC. Did NRA members get a heads up from the NRA? NRA e-mail, NRA-ILA news mention? I've asked several NRA members and looked on the NRA-ILA site myself. Nada. Even though the NRA did not speak at the rally, the least they could have done is given an upcoming event mention. Why is the NRA so disconnected from pro-2A folks that they won't even mention an upcoming 2nd Amendment rally at our nation's capital? Answer that question honestly and you'll understand why so many are telling the NRA to piss-off until there's a change in leadership and direction.

Leadership has the NRA circling the drain. Wasteful spending and appeasement has been their method of operation for far too long. NRA home base is Virginia. Anyone paying attention to what just happened in Virginia? All the NRA seems to be able to offer is to whine and blame Everytown, suggesting that spending $2.5 million is just too much for them to compete with. Yet, NRA revenues are near a half-billion!

------

On Tuesday in Virginia, all three seats flipped from Republican to Democrat -- after $2.5 million spending spree in the state by Everytown for Gun Safety, a gun-control group aligned with billionaire former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. The investments made the Bloomberg-affiliated organization the largest outside spender in the elections that saw Democrats take control of the state's executive and legislative branches for the first time in a generation.

Everytown officials -- who provided CNN with details of their Virginia strategy -- say their approach to the off-year election demonstrates the potency of the gun-safety message one year before the nation heads to the polls to decide control of Congress and the White House. The spending also underscores how aggressively the deep-pocketed group will pursue its agenda in the months ahead. Everytown outspent the embattled National Rifle Association by roughly 8-to-1 in Virginia, plowing money into the state to target vulnerable Republicans months in advance of Tuesday's election.

NRA officials this week said it's not uncommon for Bloomberg-funded groups to outspend them in politics and insisted their membership ranks remained strongly committed to the gun-rights cause.

"Anti-gun organizations are backed by distant billionaires, not local interests," Jason Ouimet, head of the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action, said in a statement. "These elitists funnel money into our communities to prop-up weak candidates defined by one trait: their willingness to bow to the billionaire's gun control agenda, even if it turns great places-like Virginia-into New York City."
bhunted, DaveinNC, Bigdog and 1 others like this.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 11-07-2019 at 09:48 PM.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 06:00 PM   #146
Senior Member
 
Bigdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Nags Head, NC
Posts: 985
I'm very disappointed in the NRA. I'll admit that I am a Hickok 45 fan, because: he reminds me of myself;
I wish I had a range in my "yard";
and I 'd like to get guns to try and free ammo, but...

putting all that aside, he and his son did a video a few months ago saying they were worried about referring people to the NRA and were dropping NRA sponsorship. That made me sit up and take notice. LaPierre needs to go, guilty or not of his alleged transgressions -- he is a distraction.

A good man would recognize that and move out of the way. I have, when I wasn't valued by my boss. I've been fine since, found a boss who valued me. Why hasn't Wayne and his $1000 suits?

Get off the gravy train Wayne!
__________________
Just call me Harold, or whatever you want.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:03 PM   #147
Super Moderator
 
Chuck43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 32,811
I still think walking away from the NRA is not the right approach. It doesn't fix anything, the corruption will continue. A better move on Hickok 45's part with his large fan base would have been to encouraged them to vote.

Voting participation in the NRA is like it is in most local government elections, very little. Only about 7% of NRA members who are eligible to vote, actually cast a ballot in any given year. There are over 2 million Voting Members, but only about 150,000 actually vote. I'll bet the ones crying the loudest about the corruption are the ones that fail to vote.
OLE442 and Holster like this.
__________________
WE DON'T SHOOT TO KILL, WE SHOOT TO SAVE A LIFE.
Chuck43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:30 PM   #148
Senior Member
 
bhunted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sumner County, TN
Posts: 2,938
I never said walk away. I just will not give them more of my money. I canít get to a higher level.

Understand something. Unlike regular political voting which is ala carte, voting in the NRA is much different.
I compare it to going to a great Italian restaurant. Put an extensive menu in front of me, I cannot decide. Easier to throw a fork in the air and order whatever the fork stabs.

Who the hell knows who to vote for in the NRA? I can almost bet everybody gets confused. We donít know who these people are. Who do you vote for? In local or presidential politics, we are served a handful of people to vote for. Even then we are handed a very tiny menu. You get to pick a hot dog, burger or a can of beans. You hopefully vote for what you believe is the best candidate. What I really hate when people say, ďDonít complain, you voted for himĒ.. BS!
At least politics lets the idiots parade around on tv and you can at least see what you vote for, kinda....
How many names do you or had you known in the past? Cox? LaPukair? I know more of who use to promote them like Colon Noir and some of the others. Do you see many of them any more with the NRA? Read up on Tim from the Military Arms Channel, (MAC)... He hates them because of the internal corruption. Look back to what they use to do. Educate, sponsor shooting programs, etc.

They need to step away from it all and focus on the 2A rights or everything they stood for is for naught. Period.
One other thing. If I were to donate more money to those greedy slobs, Iíd like to have the right to say where it goes. Like a NJ fund or this fight or whatever. They take all donations, say they are fighting for everyoneís rights. Yet NJ, NY, CA and several others are still Fubar.

Join the NRA. Be part of what little good they have left. But donate your money to grass root orgs. You stand a better chance of landmark battles being one. As far as I can tell, the NRA canít even come close. They pander and bs everyone. The only ones that really see it, it seems, are the ones like the law abiding citizens stuck in crap states. They are the ones getting screwed. The corrupt care more about the poor poor criminals and have no probs turning hard working, law abiding citizens into felons with a stroke of the pen. NRA does NOTHING!

Maybe, someday, weíll never hear about another sad story like what happened to Carol Bowne. Sheís not the first and wonít be the last.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
OLE442 and ChattanoogaPhil like this.
__________________
Regards,

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:59 AM   #149
Senior Member
 
ChattanoogaPhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,870
Originally Posted by bhunted View Post

Who the hell knows who to vote for in the NRA? I can almost bet everybody gets confused. We donít know who these people are. Who do you vote for? I
Exactly.

People generally vote from Committee recommendations included with the ballot. No one knows all the dozens of candidates. The Board of Directors is too freaking big.

According to NRA Board member Allen West, the Board is a cabal of cronyism. And he's called out president Carolyn Meadows and audit chairman Cotton as liars involved with all the "despicable spending" and covering for LaPierre.

West also writes that the Board is way too big and recommends cutting it down from 76 to something like 30, and has long demanded Wayne LaPierre resign. No support for any of that that among the cabal of cronyism. Meadows says the Board stands with LaPierre. So there ya go...

Several good Board members have said the hell with the cabal of cronyism and resigned their positions.
bhunted and DaveinNC like this.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:36 PM   #150
Senior Member
 
DaveinNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: NC
Posts: 2,958
Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
Consider this.

There was a 2nd Amendment rally Saturday Nov 2 in Washington DC. Did NRA members get a heads up from the NRA? NRA e-mail, NRA-ILA news mention? I've asked several NRA members and looked on the NRA-ILA site myself. Nada. Even though the NRA did not speak at the rally, the least they could have done is given an upcoming event mention. Why is the NRA so disconnected from pro-2A folks that they won't even mention an upcoming 2nd Amendment rally at our nation's capital? Answer that question honestly and you'll understand why so many are telling the NRA to piss-off until there's a change in leadership and direction.

Leadership has the NRA circling the drain. Wasteful spending and appeasement has been their method of operation for far too long. NRA home base is Virginia. Anyone paying attention to what just happened in Virginia? All the NRA seems to be able to offer is to whine and blame Everytown, suggesting that spending $2.5 million is just too much for them to compete with. Yet, NRA revenues are near a half-billion!

------

On Tuesday in Virginia, all three seats flipped from Republican to Democrat -- after $2.5 million spending spree in the state by Everytown for Gun Safety, a gun-control group aligned with billionaire former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. The investments made the Bloomberg-affiliated organization the largest outside spender in the elections that saw Democrats take control of the state's executive and legislative branches for the first time in a generation.

Everytown officials -- who provided CNN with details of their Virginia strategy -- say their approach to the off-year election demonstrates the potency of the gun-safety message one year before the nation heads to the polls to decide control of Congress and the White House. The spending also underscores how aggressively the deep-pocketed group will pursue its agenda in the months ahead. Everytown outspent the embattled National Rifle Association by roughly 8-to-1 in Virginia, plowing money into the state to target vulnerable Republicans months in advance of Tuesday's election.

NRA officials this week said it's not uncommon for Bloomberg-funded groups to outspend them in politics and insisted their membership ranks remained strongly committed to the gun-rights cause.

"Anti-gun organizations are backed by distant billionaires, not local interests," Jason Ouimet, head of the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action, said in a statement. "These elitists funnel money into our communities to prop-up weak candidates defined by one trait: their willingness to bow to the billionaire's gun control agenda, even if it turns great places-like Virginia-into New York City."
GRNC (Gun Rights North Carolina) sent an email blast to all members notifying us of the rally and asking for transport to DC.
OLE442 and ChattanoogaPhil like this.
__________________
NRA Benefactor member, Grass Roots North Carolina member, Lifelong Deplorable.
DaveinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New member from Upstate NY. catchaj19 New Member Introduction 18 07-17-2016 12:21 AM