Friday post - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree26Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2014, 09:42 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Ultraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: South Lake Tahoe CA
Posts: 868
Post Friday post

This weekend I'm getting propane (3 tanks for my gas hog Weber), a haircut, oil change for the truck, and cleaning 4 guns before heading to the range. Not in any particular order...
Going to test my extractor on the Ultra and look the ejector over real good too while changing out the recoil spring. All this while trying to keep the wife happy

What about you??
Ultraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-21-2014, 09:52 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Insta-Gator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Georgia
Posts: 11,763
I have no particular plans to the weekend. Will probably go to the LGS today. I don't enjoy large weekend crowds.

I need to check the schedule but will probably have some lacrosse games to attend.

There's a rumor the sky's will be sunny and warm. There's cold beer in the 'beer fridge' on stand by to help moderate any unusual warmth. I may need to spend some extra time on the back deck watching wildlife.
Ultraman likes this.
__________________
Insta-Gator aka .. Gary
(warning: prone to bouts of petulance)

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:57 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Ultraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: South Lake Tahoe CA
Posts: 868
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Insta-Gator View Post
I have no particular plans to the weekend. Will probably go to the LGS today. I don't enjoy large weekend crowds.

I need to check the schedule but will probably have some lacrosse games to attend.

There's a rumor the sky's will be sunny and warm. There's cold beer in the 'beer fridge' on stand by to help moderate any unusual warmth. I may need to spend some extra time on the back deck watching wildlife.
Keep in mind I for one always enjoy hearing about a visit to the LGS
Insta-Gator likes this.
Ultraman is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 03-21-2014, 10:05 AM   #4
Super Moderator
 
Chuck43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 32,822
Originally Posted by Ultraman View Post
This weekend I'm getting propane (3 tanks for my gas hog Weber), a haircut, oil change for the truck, and cleaning 4 guns before heading to the range. Not in any particular order...
Going to test my extractor on the Ultra and look the ejector over real good too while changing out the recoil spring. All this while trying to keep the wife happy

What about you??
I converted my Weber over to natural gas about 8 years ago and haven't looked back. I use it all year around, I've got a 10' hose on it so I can move it around if I need.
runnr548 likes this.
__________________
WE DON'T SHOOT TO KILL, WE SHOOT TO SAVE A LIFE.
Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:10 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Insta-Gator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Georgia
Posts: 11,763
I love, I mean I really L O V E, having my grill on natural gas. That's why I'm wrestling with the whole charcoal/egg type issue so much.

But, dang, grills have gone up. Pretty much any run-of-the-mill grill is going for $800 or more (unless you buy a $300 rust trap.) Wish I could get a stainless, two-burner, natural gas grill at a reasonable price and still afford a small egg for smoking meats on the weekends.
__________________
Insta-Gator aka .. Gary
(warning: prone to bouts of petulance)

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:21 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Ultraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: South Lake Tahoe CA
Posts: 868
Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
I converted my Weber over to natural gas about 8 years ago and haven't looked back. I use it all year around, I've got a 10' hose on it so I can move it around if I need.
I actually have a NG fitting coming out of the ground about 4 ft. from my grill. A few years ago I gave it the old college try of removing the cap..wouldn't budge. Then, I think I went to the beer fridge and that was the end of it. Maybe I'll add it to my to-do list.
Ultraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:22 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Insta-Gator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Georgia
Posts: 11,763
Don't forget you'll have to change the jets on your grill to accommodate the NG vs propane. NG is lower pressure so the jets are bigger.
__________________
Insta-Gator aka .. Gary
(warning: prone to bouts of petulance)

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:25 AM   #8
Super Moderator
 
Chuck43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 32,822
My 3 burner Weber is 19 years old, I've rebuilt it twice and had to weld up some rust holes in the frame two years ago. The last time I rebuilt it I replaced everything inside that I could with stainless parts. I'm lucky Weber has a factory about 25 miles from here and every year they shut down the factory and have a massive sale in the place. It's usually a 2 day event that thousands of people will show up for.
Insta-Gator likes this.
__________________
WE DON'T SHOOT TO KILL, WE SHOOT TO SAVE A LIFE.
Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:27 AM   #9
Super Moderator
 
Chuck43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 32,822
Originally Posted by Insta-Gator View Post
Don't forget you'll have to change the jets on your grill to accommodate the NG vs propane. NG is lower pressure so the jets are bigger.
Weber makes a kit you can buy that will contain everything you need for the conversion. From the jets to the hose with a quick disconnect fitting on it.
__________________
WE DON'T SHOOT TO KILL, WE SHOOT TO SAVE A LIFE.
Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:50 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Ultraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: South Lake Tahoe CA
Posts: 868
Originally Posted by Insta-Gator View Post
I love, I mean I really L O V E, having my grill on natural gas. That's why I'm wrestling with the whole charcoal/egg type issue so much.

But, dang, grills have gone up. Pretty much any run-of-the-mill grill is going for $800 or more (unless you buy a $300 rust trap.) Wish I could get a stainless, two-burner, natural gas grill at a reasonable price and still afford a small egg for smoking meats on the weekends.
You're speaking my language. I have my Weber 4 burner gas hog, 3ft Blackstone griddle and vertical smoker all lined up in series...don't have a pic of the Weber.


https://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/att...1&d=1395416759
https://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/att...1&d=1395416888
https://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/att...1&d=1395416973
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rib smoke.JPG (2.34 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg baby backs.JPG (1.56 MB, 3 views)
Ultraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No Post in 3 days is it me ???? Nellybelle Kimber Talk 21 02-12-2016 04:33 PM
Fun Friday at the range with the Mrs. OscarZ Kimber 1911 Forum 14 03-02-2014 05:25 PM
Time to post up now Sketter Off-Topic Discussion Forum 2 02-20-2014 06:56 PM
Friday, finally! Gmountain Off-Topic Discussion Forum 13 02-01-2014 08:08 AM
My First Post! ... Vintage_Goat Kimber Solo Forum 3 03-29-2013 09:33 PM