At Least 8 Killed in 'Possible Terror Attack' at Munich Mall, Manhunt Underway - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2016, 05:07 PM   #1
Super Moderator

At Least 8 Killed in 'Possible Terror Attack' at Munich Mall, Manhunt Underway

At Least 8 Killed in 'Possible Terror Attack' at Munich Mall, Manhunt Underway

At least eight people have been killed and others are injured, following what police have described as a "possible terror attack" at the Olympia-Einkaufszentrum shopping mall in Munich, Germany. A manhunt is underway.

Police said that witnesses called to report three people with guns on a nearby street who later moved toward the mall. The perpetrators remain at large.

A ninth body has been found, according to a police statement, but it is unclear whether it is that of an attacker.

Police spokeswoman Claudia Kunzel told ABC News that "all the police that we have" are responding to the situation. Special forces from Bavaria region, the federal police and other regions have been deployed to the town in southern Germany.

The shooting began just after 6 p.m. in a McDonald's restaurant in the mall. The latest reports suggest that police are still evacuating the building.

A spokesperson for police in Munich described the incident as a "possible terror attack" while speaking to a German radio station.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:55 PM   #2

My money is on a Neo- Nazi group pissed off at all of the immigrants that have swarmed into Germany...
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:58 PM   #3

I heard the hedged wording about the "possible terror attack"...in my book, any attack that creates terror IS a terror attack! These attacks are almost a daily event...how long until the general public becomes "numb" to it?
Markie likes this.
OGCA - Life Member
Cybercycle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2016, 06:07 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Cybercycle View Post
I heard the hedged wording about the "possible terror attack"...in my book, any attack that creates terror IS a terror attack! These attacks are almost a daily event...how long until the general public becomes "numb" to it?
Hasn't it already happened ?? It's like me waking up at 4 am and turning on the news to see how many in the hood were killed the night before...

It doesn't even phase us any longer here in the Lou..
Markie likes this.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:16 PM   #5
Banned

Originally Posted by jms-stlou View Post
Hasn't it already happened ?? It's like me waking up at 4 am and turning on the news to see how many in the hood were killed the night before...

Me neither. Especially the small stuff, with a lone gunman. When I was growing up it was a lone gunman with a carbine in a bell tower shooting university students. Seems like just another crazy man doing some stupid sheit anymore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Whitman
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:19 PM   #6

Originally Posted by jms-stlou View Post

It probably depends on where you live...when I lived NE Ohio and worked in Cleveland, my wife and I expected to hear about the daily death count. I'm not sure we even listened to the stats after a few years. Since retiring to rural Tennessee, we've become a little more aware of any local "killings" which are few and far between. I don't miss BIG CITY LIVING!
Markie and Pops6116 like this.
OGCA - Life Member
Cybercycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:48 PM   #7
Super Moderator

8 killed in Germany make world wide news.

2274 shot and 337 killed in Chicago so far this year and it doesn't even make the local radio.
Marshall, Markie and cousinmark like this.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:51 PM   #8

I don't think the news likes Chicago...like Chuck mentioned...they never put anything out about the shootings and killings. Nashville has the shootings etc, I think they might have slowed down some this week. I know the European countries are starting to realize, the war has come to them in a different way.
Participant of the Southeast Asia War Games, 1971.
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:28 PM   #9

German/Iranian with duel citizenship...

Gunman kills at least 9, injures 21 in shooting spree at Munich shopping center | Fox News
Old 07-22-2016, 08:55 PM   #10

...the news piece I watched mentioned he was shouting "Allah Akbar" or what ever it is these F'ers yell while he was shooting. Also mentioned that children were specifically targeted. The reporter said child victims cause more anguish so it's part of the isis play book?
...Hillary was saying earlier that Trump offered no solutions to our problems? I think keeping any more of these bastards from entering our country counts as a start!
Chuck43, Markie and Pops6116 like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote