• 4 Post By Lineman
  • 2 Post By Tankgunner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2016, 04:42 PM   #1
Super Moderator

McCarran-Walter Act of 1952

McCarran-Walter Act of 1952

Very interesting Bit of Legislative History: McCarran-Walter Act of 1952

Donald Trump was recently severely criticized for suggesting that the U.S. should limit or temporarily suspend the immigration of certain ethnic groups, nationalities, and even people of certain religions (Muslims). The criticisms condemned such a suggestion as, among other things, being “Un-American,” dumb, stupid, reckless, dangerous and racist. Congressmen and Senators swore that they would never allow such legislation, and Obama called such a prohibition on immigration unconstitutional (as if, all of a sudden, he gives a damn about the Constitution).

As Gomer Pyle would say, “Surprise, Surprise!!!” It seems that the selective immigration ban is already law and has been applied on several occasions. The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, a.k.a., the McCarran-Walter Act allows for the “Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by the president (something which we haven’t had for the past seven and a half years). Whenever the president finds that the entry of aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, the president may, by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or non immigrants or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.”

Note that McCarran and Walter were Democrats and this act was utilized by Jimmy Carter, no less, in 1979 to keep Iranians out of the United States … but he actually did more. He made all Iranian students already here check in, and then he deported a bunch. Seven thousand were found in violation of their visas, 15,000 Iranians were forced to leave the United States in 1979. You won’t hear a word about this from the liberal media, propaganda machine.

It is of note that the act requires that an applicant for immigration “must be of good moral character” and “attached to the principles of the Constitution.” Since the Quran forbids Muslims to swear allegiance to the U.S. Constitution, technically, all Muslims should be refused immigration.
Old 08-06-2016, 05:58 PM   #2

Somone want to forward copies to the DNC, Oblama, MSNBC, CNN and any other left wing commie puke that needs to read and understand it loud and clear?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:20 PM   #3

A little more on the Carter/Iranian situation.

Fact-Check: Jimmy Carter and Iranian Students Deportations | FlaglerLive
OLE442 likes this.
Trex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2016, 08:27 PM   #4

A very good piece of Legislation....I think our leaders have forgotten about it.
OLE442 likes this.
Participant of the Southeast Asia War Games, 1971.
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:08 PM   #5

...we need to face the facts. The Democrats have an agenda, open borders ultimately equals more Democrats! What we consider to be in our best interest ISN'T what matters to them :-(
...get out and vote friends :-)
OLE442, Pops6116 and Ktmsmitty like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 12:19 AM   #6

Wink Hmmmmm?

The McCarran-Walter Act of 1952 ............

NO SHIITE!!!

applause-smiley-emoticon.gif
Chuck43, OLE442, Hoffbrew and 1 others like this.

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 09:11 AM   #7

Since the Quran forbids Muslims to swear allegiance to the U.S. Constitution, technically, all Muslims should be refused immigration.
I think the last couple years the administration has removed like 40,000 members from the Army and now wants to allow illegals to enter our military service and as part of the deal, the recruits DO NOT HAVE TO PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO OUR COUNTRY?? WTF!!
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:10 PM   #8

I remember when I was assigned to the Berlin Brigade. You take the Army train from Frankfurt to Berlin, talk about steeping back in time going from West Germany into East Germany.
With me was a young Hispanic soldier, he was a legal resident but not a citizen. He was not allowed to stay in Berlin, sent him right back to the west. You had to be a American citizen to serve in Berlin, a non-citizen could not obtain a high enough security clearance to serve in the Berlin Brigade.
RickOShay and Markie like this.
Tankgunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

mccarran walter act of 1952 president carter

Click on a term to search for related topics.