National Beer Day - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree14Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 09:43 AM   #1
Super Moderator
 
Chuck43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 32,835
National Beer Day

Today is National Beer Day, the day is celebrated by consuming copious amounts of gods gift to man.


Beer is one of the world’s oldest prepared beverages, possibly dating back to 9500 BC when cereal was first farmed. It was found recorded in the written history of ancient Iraq and ancient Egypt.


As the world’s most widely consumed alcoholic beverage, beer has it’s special day in it’s honor on National Beer Day which is celebrated annually on April 7th. Celebrate National Beer Day as you choose with a pint of pale ale, mild ale, lager, stout, or maybe a wheat beer.


Following water and tea, beer is the third most popular drink overall.


NATIONAL BEER DAY HISTORY
On April 7, 1933, President Franklin Roosevelt took the first step toward ending Prohibition and signed a law that allowed people to brew and sell beer, in the United States, as long as it remained below 4.0% alcohol by volume (ABV). Beer drinkers celebrated and were happy to be able to purchase beer again for the first time in thirteen years.
__________________
WE DON'T SHOOT TO KILL, WE SHOOT TO SAVE A LIFE.
Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-07-2014, 11:00 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Insta-Gator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Georgia
Posts: 11,763
Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Today is National Beer Day, the day is celebrated by consuming copious amounts of gods gift to man.


Beer is one of the world’s oldest prepared beverages, possibly dating back to 9500 BC when cereal was first farmed. It was found recorded in the written history of ancient Iraq and ancient Egypt.


As the world’s most widely consumed alcoholic beverage, beer has it’s special day in it’s honor on National Beer Day which is celebrated annually on April 7th. Celebrate National Beer Day as you choose with a pint of pale ale, mild ale, lager, stout, or maybe a wheat beer.


Following water and tea, beer is the third most popular drink overall.


NATIONAL BEER DAY HISTORY
On April 7, 1933, President Franklin Roosevelt took the first step toward ending Prohibition and signed a law that allowed people to brew and sell beer, in the United States, as long as it remained below 4.0% alcohol by volume (ABV). Beer drinkers celebrated and were happy to be able to purchase beer again for the first time in thirteen years.
I'll drink to that. beerchug.gif
__________________
Insta-Gator aka .. Gary
(warning: prone to bouts of petulance)

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:36 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Dude22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: South West Florida
Posts: 5,830
Gary and I will drink to anything!
Insta-Gator likes this.
__________________
Denny

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 04-07-2014, 11:51 AM   #4
Super Moderator
 
Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 5,129
Guess I'd better head to the store!
__________________
Steve

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:58 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Dude22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: South West Florida
Posts: 5,830
Originally Posted by Islander View Post
Guess I'd better head to the store!
What time do you wants over for the celebration?
__________________
Denny

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:41 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Ultraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: South Lake Tahoe CA
Posts: 868
Originally Posted by Dude22 View Post
What time do you wants over for the celebration?
Right after he picks me up from the airport!
Ultraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:53 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Insta-Gator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Georgia
Posts: 11,763
I think I'll get this party started early, seein' it's a National Beer Day and all.

I'll be back after I fetch my beer (actually my Black & Tan is a Porter-Lager mix)
__________________
Insta-Gator aka .. Gary
(warning: prone to bouts of petulance)

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:23 PM   #8
Super Moderator
 
Chuck43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 32,835
Originally Posted by Insta-Gator View Post
I think I'll get this party started early, seein' it's a National Beer Day and all.

I'll be back after I fetch my beer (actually my Black & Tan is a Porter-Lager mix)
You're late to the party I had 2 Guinness with lunch.
__________________
WE DON'T SHOOT TO KILL, WE SHOOT TO SAVE A LIFE.
Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Insta-Gator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Georgia
Posts: 11,763
Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
You're late to the party I had 2 Guinness with lunch.
clapping.gif Good for you!
__________________
Insta-Gator aka .. Gary
(warning: prone to bouts of petulance)

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:32 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Ultraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: South Lake Tahoe CA
Posts: 868
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
You're late to the party I had 2 Guinness with lunch.
Man you retired gent's get started early.
Ultraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
National Margarita Day Islander Off-Topic Discussion Forum 2 02-22-2014 08:16 PM