Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2016, 05:59 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Violence erupts after officer-involved shooting

Violence erupts after officer-involved shooting

A standoff between police and an angry crowd turned violent Saturday night in the hours after a Milwaukee police officer shot and killed an armed suspect during a foot chase on the city's north side.

After an hours-long confrontation with officers, police reported at 10:15 p.m. that a gas station at N. Sherman Blvd. and W. Burleigh St. was set on fire. Police said firefighters could not for a time get close to the blaze because of gunshots.

Later, fires were started at businesses including a BMO Harris Bank branch, a beauty supply company and O'Reilly Auto Parts stores near N. 35th and W. Burleigh streets, a grim and emphatic Mayor Tom Barrett said. He spoke at a midnight news conference at the District 3 police station at N. 49th St. and W. Lisbon Ave.

He and Common Council President Ashanti Hamilton pleaded with the public for calm. Barrett promised a strong police presence in coming days.

Hit the link to read the the full story.
OLE442 likes this.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:05 AM   #2

I was watching that last night before I went to bed and it had an eerie resemblance to Ferguson watching all of the fires...
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 06:30 AM   #3

This is getting rediculous. Time to find a barren island with no way off, scoop up everyone of these assholes and drop them there. Ask the Australians, they can advise on the hows....
Or get with Sheffif Joe and put up a new max prison in the desert and serve them green balony sandwiches.
>:-(

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2016, 03:41 PM   #4

You know what's ridiculous? The Chief of Police. This is HIS fault. When this happens, it's the fault of the man in charge. He let it happen. He blew it.

Every time some knucklehead is shot, the chief stands up, wrings his hands, apologetically promises an investigation, then begs for patience. We've seen this time and again, and we all know how it plays out. We saw how it played out yesterday.

So here's what the Chief OUGHT to do. He ought to get up on his podium and the speech should go something like this: "Earlier today a career criminal with an extensive record was engaged in illegal activity. He attempted to flee from my officers; an altercation ensued, and he was shot and killed. In retrospect, it would have worked out better for him if he had complied with my officers' orders, or even better, if he had not chosen a life of crime in the first place. My officers will be on patrol throughout the remainder of the day and evening. If there are any public demonstrations, we will welcome citizens who behave like ladies and gentlemen. If the criminal element becomes violent or a danger to the public, we will order ALL demonstrators to disperse. Failure to do so will result the forcible removal of all rioters. My officers are tasked with maintaining safety and well-being for all citizens, and they will take steps to ensure that happens. Thank you, and have a safe day."

If there ARE rioters, the Chief can't just let it happen. If he lets it happen, it will continue to happen and it will escalate. The same thing happens with children who are allowed to run amok. What options does the Chief have? There are pepper ball guns. If you get hit, they hurt. If you get hit at close range, oh, they REALLY hurt. And then there's the pepper aspect. Casual rioters will hate it and leave. There's bean bags for hard-core rioters. They'll really be discouraged after taking that hit.

If that happens, it will REALLY hit the fan. But the Chief's next speech should have the same tone: "A group of hooligan rioters were destroying property and risking lives of innocent citizens, they were asked to disperse, they were warned, and they suffered discomfort as a result of their criminal actions. The lives and property of the GOOD citizens were protected, and so our mission was successful. For that we are all grateful. Have a safe day."

This isn't as big a problem as all the hand-wringers are making it. It can be easily remedied. There's a good article in this month's National Geographic about Ciudad Juarez. A few short years ago, it was the murder capital of the world. Then the Mexican feds got in on the act, and put some serious law-enforcement professionals in charge. The existing police either got on board or were fired. Corruption and acquiescent donut eating were no longer tolerated. Criminal activity was no longer tolerated. Gone are the days when good citizens couldn't go outside for a day in the park. In America, we need to shift our mentality of one of intolerance of criminals, just like the Mexicans did.
Marshall, Lineman, Mini Me and 1 others like this.
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:03 PM   #5

I've been saying time for Martial Law to clean up the vermin. Sheriff Clarke and da Gov are or did activate the Nat'l Guard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:08 PM   #6
Banned

Sounds great Rusty. Until the crowd says enough and fights back. Overwhelming force works when you have overwhelming force and you don't care about the long term effects.

Sometimes you have to let people vent. The mayor of Baltimore took a lot of criticism, and she proved to have made a good decision. A few burned cars, some gun fire into the night air, etc. is a hell of a lot better then an all out riot in a large city in deadly chaos.

There are big problems out there, and a solution needs to be found. Busting heads may not be the solution, to a deeper problem then the violence that may only be on the surface visible.

Last edited by montanaResident; 08-14-2016 at 04:11 PM.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:24 PM   #7

And when you let them vent they will loot every store in town and then burn them down..

I delivered excavators and bulldozers to Ferguson after the riots and you know what, those people chose not to rebuild so who does that hurt in the long run ?? The city of Ferguson. ..

Our country needs to stop being so freaking politically correct and knock a couple heads and the rest will watch and learn not to mess with the police...JMHO
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:29 PM   #8

Originally Posted by montanaResident View Post
Until the crowd says enough and fights back. Overwhelming force works when you have overwhelming force and you don't care about the long term effects.

Sometimes you have to let people vent. The mayor of Baltimore took a lot of criticism, and she proved to have made a good decision. A few burned cars, some gun fire into the night air, etc. is a hell of a lot better then an all out riot in a large city in deadly chaos.
Perhaps you're right. A social engineer I am not.
montanaResident likes this.
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:43 PM   #9
Banned

Originally Posted by jms-stlou View Post
Our country needs to stop being so freaking politically correct and knock a couple heads and the rest will watch and learn not to mess with the police...JMHO
My neighbors dog left a smelly present on my lawn. Should I shoot the dog or just knock in the head of the neighbor? Don't mess with me!!!! I have no ability to reign in anger. Maybe the rioters need some anger management lessons. Lets just be angry*10, till they learn to be passive, or, die?
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 05:03 PM   #10

Shoot the bastards.
bhunted likes this.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote