Kimber Talk Forums banner

congrats Georgia

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  bigdog10 
#1 ·
You are now my favorite State. finally a place where the Government trusts its people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 ·
I'm pretty excited about the SCOTUS decision on the Minnesota law that says race, gender, national origin, etc. can not be used to discriminate against or for anyone seeking public employment or school entry.

If you want to get into a school, have good grades. Pretty simple if you ask me.

#5 ·
Way to go Georgia!

ELLIJAY, Ga. Georgia took a big step Wednesday toward expanding where licensed carriers can take their weapons, with the governor signing a law that allows them in bars without restriction and in some churches, schools and government buildings under certain circumstances.

Following mass shootings in recent years, some states have pursued stronger limits on guns while others like Georgia have taken the opposite path, with advocates arguing that people should be allowed to carry weapons as an issue of public safety.

A few hundred gun rights supporters gathered at an outdoor pavilion along a river in north Georgia in the town of Ellijay for the bill signing by Gov. Nathan Deal and a barbecue. Many sported "Stop Gun Control" buttons and several had weapons holstered at their side. House Speaker David Ralston offered a thinly veiled critique of those who might oppose the bill while describing the people of his district.

"This is the apple capital of Georgia. And, yes, it's a community where we cling to our religion and our guns," Ralston said, drawing big applause in referencing a past comment made by President Barack Obama.

(I know this isn't about Kimber, but it made me feel good, so I'm sharing it. Finally, commen sense trumps political correctness.):)

#8 ·
ELLIJAY, Ga. Georgia took a big step Wednesday toward expanding where licensed carriers can take their weapons, with the governor signing a law that allows them in bars without restriction and in some churches, schools and government buildings under certain circumstances.

Following mass shootings in recent years, some states have pursued stronger limits on guns while others like Georgia have taken the opposite path, with advocates arguing that people should be allowed to carry weapons as an issue of public safety.

A few hundred gun rights supporters gathered at an outdoor pavilion along a river in north Georgia in the town of Ellijay for the bill signing by Gov. Nathan Deal and a barbecue. Many sported "Stop Gun Control" buttons and several had weapons holstered at their side. House Speaker David Ralston offered a thinly veiled critique of those who might oppose the bill while describing the people of his district.

"This is the apple capital of Georgia. And, yes, it's a community where we cling to our religion and our guns," Ralston said, drawing big applause in referencing a past comment made by President Barack Obama.

(I know this isn't about Kimber, but it made me feel good, so I'm sharing it. Finally, commen sense trumps political correctness.):)
There's a BBQ I would love to attend....

#9 ·
Today, Governor Nathan Deal (R) signed into law House Bill 60, the most comprehensive pro-gun legislation in state history. HB 60 passed in the Georgia Senate by a 37-18 vote on March 18 and in the state House of Representatives by a 112-58 vote on March 20. HB 60 will take effect on July 1, 2014.

HB 60 enacts the following pro-gun reforms for all law-abiding gun owners in Georgia:

- Removes fingerprinting for renewal of Weapons Carry Licenses (WCL).
- Prohibits the state from creating and maintaining a database of WCL holders.
- Creates an absolute defense for the legal use of deadly force in the face of a violent attack.
- Lowers the age to obtain a concealed WCL for self-defense from 21 to 18 for active duty military, with specific training.
- Allows for the use of firearm sound suppressors while hunting.
- Repeals the unnecessary and duplicative state-required license for a firearms dealer, instead requiring only a Federal Firearms License (FFL).
- Prohibits a ban on firearms in public housing, ensuring that the right to self-defense should not be infringed based on where one calls home.
- Codifies the ability to legally carry, with a WCL, in sterile/non-secure areas of airports.
- Requires reporting of those persons who have been involuntarily hospitalized or have been adjudicated mentally deficient to the NICS system while also providing the ability for relief through an application process to the court system allowing for restoration of gun rights.
- Protects the Second Amendment rights of all law-abiding gun owners from being restricted or infringed by executive authority under a declared state of emergency.
- Strengthens current firearms preemption statutes through further clarification of the regulatory authority of local governments, excluding firearm discharge ordinances.
- Removes the sweeping restrictions on legally carrying a firearm with a WCL in bars, leaving this decision to private property owners.
- Allows for churches to opt-in for legal carry with only a civil penalty of a $100 if a person happens to carry into a prohibited church unknowingly.

#10 ·
They had a police official from Atlanta on the late news last night and he claimed that this new bill prevents him from asking a person carrying a gun concealed or otherwise if they had the required permit. He claimed it sets law enforcement back 50 years.

#11 ·
Bull shirt. What it does is to prevent him from arbitrarily, without probable cause, harassing a citizen who has done nothing wrong. If LEO sees a holstered weapon or notices someone "printing" their conceal carry, the LEO does not have the right to ask to see the WCL any more than he has the right to see your drivers license just because you're sitting in a parked car.

Besides, one of the worst police departments in the country is Atlanta PD. All us rural/suburban types try to avoid Atlanta anyway.

#13 ·
People fear and resist change. It's that simple.

Imagine that, removing restrictions from a Constitutional right causing concern among the sheeple.

#14 ·
The local morning news is really bashing this new law, one station is calling it the most dangerous law in the United States. You would think that being a Chicago station and accustom to reporting multiple shootings on a typical weekend that they would applaud something like this. They are doing everything but asking for donations to send body bags to Georgia. I can't believe the crap they are reporting.

#17 ·
It's great living here in Georgia and I'm proud of what our state has done. HB60 has been a long battle and lots of hard work by law abiding citizens.

I'm fine with the positive and negative publicity across the country. They way I look at it.......

The positive publicity might encourage people that think and VOTE like me to move to this great state. People who believe in the second amendment aren't going to be fooled by idiots on tv and radio from places like Chicago, New York, and LA.

The negative publicity will only discourage people who don't believe in the second amendment to move to Georgia. Sounds like a win / win to me!!

So have at it CNN!!!!

#18 ·
Yeah for Georgia! Since I live within 15 miles of the Georgia State line, have family and friends that live in Georgia and we enter Georgia on a regular basis. I consider it a win for us Tennessee residence also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.