moving to Cali. am i screwed? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2016, 07:29 PM   #1

Angry moving to Cali. am i screwed?

I think I'm gonna regret this but Mrs. Pops and and I are gonna be moving to San Diego county next year and i just read that the 9th circuit court of appeals just came down with a new ruling concerning concealed carry and that whatever the scope of 2nd amendment right might be, it "does not protect, in any degree", the carrying of concealed firearms by any member of the general public.
It goes on to say that local law enforcement agencies to issue licenses for concealed carry only on a showing of "good cause" each county has different standards for granting a concealed carry license.
The 9th court specifically approved the strict policies in San Diego county defining "good cause" as a set of circumstances that distinguishing the applicant from the mainstream and causes him or her to be placed in harms way. Holy Crap. It goes on, but that is the gyst of this nonsense.. Now what??????
starnovi likes this.
Remove Ads
Old 08-25-2016, 07:38 PM   #2

Why in the world would you move to California, the least gun friendly state in the nation? Whatever rights gun owners have left in that state will soon be gone. If Hillary is elected, forget it.

They are trying right now to get some things on the ballot to veto the law that the Governor has signed, that will go into effect in January. One of those laws requires id to buy ammo and a record is kept of what you buy. Limited capacity magazines. Bullet buttons are going to be illegal, I believe. Bullet buttons, which California already requires to neuter an AR, for pete's sake.

Well, the right exists, but you will be in legal trouble for exercising it. California might be a nice place to visit, but for a gun owner, it is hell on earth.
Chuck43 and Cybercycle like this.

Last edited by Gmountain; 08-25-2016 at 07:41 PM.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:39 PM   #3

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaat ???......

You may have to sell that rifle after all if Commiefornia keeps going in the wrong direction...

PM me if that day happens.....Love to have that beauty...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tn.jpg (14.5 KB, 71 views)
Hoffbrew likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-25-2016, 07:42 PM   #4

Originally Posted by jms-stlou View Post
Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaat ???......

You may have to sell that rifle after all if Commiefornia keeps going in the wrong direction...

PM me if that day happens.....Love to have that beauty...
Can't have that gun there.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:44 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Gmountain View Post
Can't have that gun there.
Did ya here that Pop's ??

That would look great in the gun toting state of Misery....
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:44 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Pops6116 View Post
I think I'm gonna regret this but Mrs. Pops and and I are gonna be moving to San Diego county next year and i just read that the 9th circuit court of appeals just came down with a new ruling concerning concealed carry and that whatever the scope of 2nd amendment right might be, it "does not protect, in any degree", the carrying of concealed firearms by any member of the general public.
It goes on to say that local law enforcement agencies to issue licenses for concealed carry only on a showing of "good cause" each county has different standards for granting a concealed carry license.
The 9th court specifically approved the strict policies in San Diego county defining "good cause" as a set of circumstances that distinguishing the applicant from the mainstream and causes him or her to be placed in harms way. Holy Crap. It goes on, but that is the gyst of this nonsense.. Now what??????
Well pops if you do get to San Diego let me know cause that is where I reside. We have crappy gun laws and great weather.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:56 PM   #7

CA gun owners are trying to escape and your gonna break into the asylum.

Research CA gun laws, they are a convoluted minefield. It is up to your county as far as a CCW goes, some are relatively easy like mine. Some are darn near impossible LA, SF.

I have family in SD county, weather is great, traffic sucks. My sister just escaped from there to Washington state. It's not exactly business friendly either high taxes. But the weather is great.
Tankgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:02 PM   #8
Banned

I fled from there. Best move ever.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:21 PM   #9

Yes, you are. I love San Diego, went to San Diego State. BUT... the cost of living there is some of the highest in the state, including real estate. As has been mentioned, traffic is bad. Last time I was down there for my grandson's baptism, coming back, we were in a traffic jam from San Diego, south of Carlsbad, all the way through to north of LA.

The anti-gun people are in control and whittling away at all our 2nd Amendment rights, and San Diego County is ALMOST as bad as SF and LA. When you do get there, get with Tom and he can help ya a lot, I'm sure. Good luck, but yes, you'll be screwed.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:26 PM   #10

You are moving from the 8th most free state in the nation to the 48th.

I understand that life can dictate we make changes good and bad, just be prepared and remember ignorance of ignorant laws is not a viable excuse.
Tankgunner is offline   Reply With Quote