No permit needed to carry a weapon in Missouri... - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree113Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2016, 08:58 PM   #1

No permit needed to carry a weapon in Missouri...

Not really sure how I feel about this...I went through an 8 hour course that had hands on training and was taught about the gun laws in our state..

Now anyone may carry a a concealed gun without a permit...Good, bad what's your opinion ??

It is now headed to the House for consideration which should also override the veto without an issue..

Missouri Senate overrides bill allowing concealed carry without a permit | Political Fix | stltoday.com

Last edited by Marshall; 09-14-2016 at 09:01 PM.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-14-2016, 09:10 PM   #2

No permit needed to carry a weapon in Missouri...

Shall not be infringed. Period. No criminal record or mental illness. Good to go. Bottom line is it's not up to me or anyone else to dictate who's capable once they pass the background check to purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cucamonga kid likes this.
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 09:16 PM   #3

Originally Posted by Albert.Cairns View Post
Shall not be infringed. Period. No criminal record or mental illness. Good to go. Bottom line is it's not up to me or anyone else to dictate who's capable once they pass the background check to purchase.

This would be true if every gun purchase went through the background check, but they don't...Online sales on social forums are bursting at the seams here in Missouri and most don't even do a bill of sale...

The hood rat doesn't care either way because they were carrying anyway...

Old 09-14-2016, 10:34 PM   #4

A bit scary. Especially for the police officers. I can not see that ending well for them if all the hood rats can carry and a justified shooting goes down.
I wonder how many of them are applying out of state for new positions?
Itsmescot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:17 AM   #5

I'm happy with the requirements that the CCW holder either take some instruction or pass a test, and that they don't have any criminal record.

So who among us hasn't been at the range and seen some noobie who is all over a full-size silhouette target at five yards? People like that need a little more practice before I want them handling a gun around me.
Hoffbrew, cousinmark and Mini Me like this.
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:23 AM   #6

Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
I'm happy with the requirements that the CCW holder either take some instruction or pass a test, and that they don't have any criminal record.

So who among us hasn't been at the range and seen some noobie who is all over a full-size silhouette target at five yards? People like that need a little more practice before I want them handling a gun around me.

I'm not comfortable with noob's either. But the 2nd amendment doesn't say Keep and Bear arms if you meet someone else's criteria. That's liberal thinking, not unless you meet my standards.

Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 04:59 AM   #7

I think if pass a background check to buy a handgun there should be no reason why you shouldn't be able to carry that gun. Is paying a fee to the government for a carry permit going to make you more responsible ? I doubt it.

In Pennsylvania anyone without a record can open carry without a permit, but if you get in a vehicle you need a carry permit. If you want a carry permit you go to the Sheriff's Department and apply for one for about $30. In 30 days you have your permit. Pa has the second most CCW permits issued in the country and I don't see many issues with guns in the state. If your going to do something stupid with a gun, no fee, class or license is going to stop you.
Oreste, swca and Cucamonga kid like this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 05:54 AM   #8

Originally Posted by jms-stlou View Post
Not really sure how I feel about this...I went through an 8 hour course that had hands on training and was taught about the gun laws in our state..

Now anyone may carry a a concealed gun without a permit...Good, bad what's your opinion ??

It is now headed to the House for consideration which should also override the veto without an issue..

Missouri Senate overrides bill allowing concealed carry without a permit | Political Fix | stltoday.com
Update from the first post....

In the House, the veto was overridden on a 112-41 vote...It is now the law of Missouri...

Lawmakers override Nixon on guns and voter ID | Political Fix | stltoday.com
Old 09-15-2016, 05:59 AM   #9

There's several states that have Constitutional Carry, folks are doing fine. The good people of Missouri will handle their freedoms well as do their next door neighbors in Kansas with Constitutional Carry.

Every time gun restrictions are lifted the same old hangwringing occurs. And every time the handwringing is proved wrong.

Good, bad, what's my opinion? My opinion is that gun owners who support government mandated training, licensing and background checks to exercise the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms do a disservice to the Constitution and their fellow Americans.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:34 AM   #10
Super Moderator

On the good side a lot of the poorer people who couldn't afford to take a class or pay for a permit can now be protected.
Marshall, swca and Cucamonga kid like this.