A Police shooting close to home! - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2016, 01:46 AM   #1

A Police shooting close to home!

The local CBS 11:00 news reported a Police shooting in El Cajon CA. about 5 to 6 miles from where I live. Sparked protests it was another person of color shot. I hate to use the word black or any other word denoting a certain race I believe there would be less racism if we just said another life taken or some benign description of the person involved. To me these shootings are more about people pushing the police to the edge in order to further their cause. I would like to know how many of the shootings involved someone who had at least had a high school education and a job! I am thinking that a little education and proper respect for authority would pretty much take care of this problem. Probably to much to hope for when you have so many people willing to commit suicide by ignorance!
Markie and starnovi like this.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-28-2016, 08:43 AM   #2

It is the attitude, I think. Hey, you are not going to do it to me, if I do this? It is simple...if you are stopped, put your hands on the wheel. Do not do anything until instructed by the officer.
Chuck43, 2sharp2 and starnovi like this.
Participant of the Southeast Asia War Games, 1971.
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 11:38 AM   #3

Could a contributing factor be knuckleheads thinking that the movies and tv shows are real? All too frequently the good-guy (or bad guy for that matter) gets shot, sometimes taking multiple hits. He's no sissy, so he keeps fighting and triumphs over his aggressors. In the next scene, he's wrapping the wounds in an old rag and drinking scotch. And the following day, he's back on the job. Maybe these fools don't understand that you can become dead from being shot.
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2016, 11:49 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to loadedround
Attitude, attitude, attitude!
Snowflake9mm likes this.
loadedround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:33 PM   #5

Originally Posted by swca View Post
I hate to use the word black or any other word denoting a certain race I believe there would be less racism if we just said another life taken or some benign description of the person involved.

Do you think choosing to be intentionally blind, keeping your head in the sand, pretending what is so is not so, is somehow going to protect you and your loved ones from the REAL dangers around you?

If you're standing in a pit of snakes, and there are copperheads and garter snakes -- do you REALLY think choosing to call them all "snakes" and believing that somehow calling NOT them copperheads will make them turn "benign" -- will "magically" keep the copperheads from being poisonous?

Do you think calling it ... "just another life taken or some benign description" -- will prevent who was actually pulling (ONLY) White folks out of their cars in Charlotte and beating them bloody somehow makes the beating hurt less? Does less injury to the folks you won't name either?

I realize it's VERY hard to stand up and speak the truth, when the truth has been declared (and then hammered into us) anathema, evil, bad, wrong. It's THE TRUTH! All the mealy-mouthed trying to find some euphemism that won't "offend" will do NOT ONE THING to protect you, or your loved ones, or OUR COUNTRY from the destruction being rained upon by a SPECIFIC race of people!

Do you think NOT saying it makes it not so? (Or do you think, like those idiot white liberals who try to "show their support" by getting out amongst the rioters -- and get their @sses handed to them BECAUSE they are White! -- that by NOT speaking the truth,they/you will get eaten last?!)

I am thinking that a little education and proper respect for authority would pretty much take care of this problem.
A "little education"? Do you have any idea how MUCH we spend on educating these uneducable people?!? And where are they going to get "proper respect" (for ANYthing except race hustlers and drug dealers?! Oh, and the totally corrupt 'Big Tribal Headman" currently subverting the White House?!) when it's not a part of their culture (hell, it's barely a part of OURS anymore!!

I know this stuff is hard to deal with when you were raised White in a White neighborhood and a White country. THAT TIME IS OVER! Either you begin to notice, and speak the truth (or hell, at least ACKNOWLEDGE the truth IS the truth, and stop trying to talk around it with lies and prevarications!) or you are HELPING the destruction of our country! WHAT help is there for this poor failing country in lying, yet again, about WHO IS DOING WHAT TO WHOM!?!?

BE uncomfortable -- but be honest! With yourself and with people you trust and on whom your livelihood does not rest! (And can you imagine, in the country of our youths, that we'd grow up to have to act as if we're living behind enemy lines?! Like smart people living behind the Iron Curtain: DON'T talk to your neighbors because they might turn you in!? But do any of y'all think that is NOT so in this country today?!

Finally let me ask to do something: after you have your immediate recoil in horror from what that horrid lady has written... ask yourself: WHY did/do you have an instant, unconsidered, automatic recoil from what you intellectually KNOW to be the truth?! (How did THAT happen?!) (And who does it benefit?)
Ice-and-Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 02:15 PM   #6

Originally Posted by SnowTao View Post

Do you think choosing to be intentionally blind, keeping your head in the sand, pretending what is so is not so, is somehow going to protect you and your loved ones from the REAL dangers around you?

If you're standing in a pit of snakes, and there are copperheads and garter snakes -- do you REALLY think choosing to call them all "snakes" and believing that somehow calling NOT them copperheads will make them turn "benign" -- will "magically" keep the copperheads from being poisonous?

Do you think calling it ... "just another life taken or some benign description" -- will prevent who was actually pulling (ONLY) White folks out of their cars in Charlotte and beating them bloody somehow makes the beating hurt less? Does less injury to the folks you won't name either?

I realize it's VERY hard to stand up and speak the truth, when the truth has been declared (and then hammered into us) anathema, evil, bad, wrong. It's THE TRUTH! All the mealy-mouthed trying to find some euphemism that won't "offend" will do NOT ONE THING to protect you, or your loved ones, or OUR COUNTRY from the destruction being rained upon by a SPECIFIC race of people!

Do you think NOT saying it makes it not so? (Or do you think, like those idiot white liberals who try to "show their support" by getting out amongst the rioters -- and get their @sses handed to them BECAUSE they are White! -- that by NOT speaking the truth,they/you will get eaten last?!)

A "little education"? Do you have any idea how MUCH we spend on educating these uneducable people?!? And where are they going to get "proper respect" (for ANYthing except race hustlers and drug dealers?! Oh, and the totally corrupt 'Big Tribal Headman" currently subverting the White House?!) when it's not a part of their culture (hell, it's barely a part of OURS anymore!!

I know this stuff is hard to deal with when you were raised White in a White neighborhood and a White country. THAT TIME IS OVER! Either you begin to notice, and speak the truth (or hell, at least ACKNOWLEDGE the truth IS the truth, and stop trying to talk around it with lies and prevarications!) or you are HELPING the destruction of our country! WHAT help is there for this poor failing country in lying, yet again, about WHO IS DOING WHAT TO WHOM!?!?

BE uncomfortable -- but be honest! With yourself and with people you trust and on whom your livelihood does not rest! (And can you imagine, in the country of our youths, that we'd grow up to have to act as if we're living behind enemy lines?! Like smart people living behind the Iron Curtain: DON'T talk to your neighbors because they might turn you in!? But do any of y'all think that is NOT so in this country today?!

Finally let me ask to do something: after you have your immediate recoil in horror from what that horrid lady has written... ask yourself: WHY did/do you have an instant, unconsidered, automatic recoil from what you intellectually KNOW to be the truth?! (How did THAT happen?!) (And who does it benefit?)
I did not recoil from anything especially the truth. I guess I did not convey my thoughts clearly. The education I am referring to is the exact same one your talking about. I have spent many summers remodeling and modernizing the schools all over San Diego. The tools to get a an education are there. The problem is in order to get an education you must attend the school and put in the effort. My parents made sure we attended school and did our homework and we respected authority it all starts at home. My point on not using black or white or any color in between is why don't we use there name instead of a color to describe the person in the news. Like Joe smith Tom White what ever there name is. The news media reported another black male was shot by police. They should take the time get some proper information and report when they have more information. By jumping out here and reporting another black man was shot by police puts race right out there on front street. I went to school in Fontana,Ca.. Sequia Junior high was about 33percent white 33 percent black and about 33 percent Mexican. We did not go around calling people by there color we used there F_____g names get it. I believe if we took color out of the description and said Joe insert last name here!
Walked up to a police officer in El Cajon and made threatening moves toward an officer and was shot and killed. Would not sound so racial. Because what is going on with police right now is being made into racism when it is not racism. There are certain people behind the scenes pushing the race card and the liberal news media feeds on it like steak and lobster. I hope you have a better understanding what I was trying to convey. I apologize for staring a political thread in Kimber Talk we should be discussing our Kimber firearms that our so much prettier than Glocks!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm

Last edited by swca; 09-28-2016 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:30 PM   #7

I did not recoil from anything especially the truth. I guess I did not convey my thoughts clearly. The education I am referring to is the exact same one your talking about. I have spent many summers remodeling and modernizing the schools all over San Diego. The tools to get a an education are there. The problem is in order to get an education you must attend the school and put in the effort. My parents made sure we attended school and did our homework and we respected authority it all starts at home. My point on not using black or white or any color in between is why don't we use there name instead of a color to describe the person in the news. Like Joe smith Tom White what ever there name is. The news media reported another black male was shot by police. They should take the time get some proper information and report when they have more information. By jumping out here and reporting another black man was shot by police puts race right out there on front street. I went to school in Fontana,Ca.. Sequia Junior high was about 33percent white 33 percent black and about 33 percent Mexican. We did not go around calling people by there color we used there F_____g names get it. I believe if we took color out of the description and said Joe insert last name here!
Walked up to a police officer in El Cajon and made threatening moves toward an officer and was shot and killed. Would not sound so racial. Because what is going on with police right now is being made into racism when it is not racism. There are certain people behind the scenes pushing the race card and the liberal news media feeds on it like steak and lobster. I hope you have a better understanding what I was trying to convey. I apologize for staring a political thread in Kimber Talk we should be discussing our Kimber firearms that our so much prettier than Glocks!
Keep up the good work!!!!!
Hoffbrew, Markie and starnovi like this.

If you have a problem with that, choose a orifice.
End of subject.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 02:42 PM   #8

Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
Could a contributing factor be knuckleheads thinking that the movies and tv shows are real? All too frequently the good-guy (or bad guy for that matter) gets shot, sometimes taking multiple hits. He's no sissy, so he keeps fighting and triumphs over his aggressors. In the next scene, he's wrapping the wounds in an old rag and drinking scotch. And the following day, he's back on the job. Maybe these fools don't understand that you can become dead from being shot.
Partly true, I believe the entertainment industry, Hollywood, music industry, hip hop/rap. Plays a huge roll in what's happening to this country. You can add video games to it also.
We have gone from hard honest work to immediate gratification no matter the cost.

When life imitates bad art, bad things happen.
Chuck43, swca, Markie and 1 others like this.
Tankgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 02:50 PM   #9

Erosion of the family, family values, morals, common sense, and respect for authority...whether it's the police, teachers, parents, or elders. Children are being raised by other children without any boundaries and guidance; they are growing up in a permissive society with no rules applying to them.
Chuck43, RustyIron, Tinman and 3 others like this.
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 02:54 PM   #10

Originally Posted by starnovi View Post
Erosion of the family, family values, morals, common sense, and respect for authority...whether it's the police, teachers, parents, or elders. Children are being raised by other children without any boundaries and guidance; they are growing up in a permissive society with no rules applying to them.
Well said!!
Chuck43, Markie and starnovi like this.

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm