Old 07-11-2018, 01:52 AM   #591

Rick in Oregon likes this.
Hawker800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-11-2018, 04:20 AM   #592

oldognewtrick likes this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:38 AM   #593

I've got my own complaint, and it's one that effects me personally.

If a prisoner is brought before a judge, and the consensus is that he is not able to help with his own defense, he is sent to a hospital. He is examined, perhaps given psychotropic drugs, and examined by numerous doctors from specialized fields. He will not face a judge unless his condition has improved and can be documented.

About three weeks ago I had a panic attack on the weekend. None of doctors were around, I had taken the meds in the proper quantity and I could not get the condition under control. I took my therapist's business card, and on the back it had emergency numbers.

One of the questions the doctor asked was, "Do you think you are going to hurt yourself?" I responded in the negative, it was a panic attack not responding to meds.

I was told I could turn myself into the St, Mary's Clinic near their hospital and locked down until the symptoms passed. The other alternative were two special cells at the Dane County Jail.

If you shoot somebody you get red carpet service. If you're a tax payer who gets sick when his doctor is out of town you get locked up.

Now, due to the high volume of citizens like me, my clinic is now "farming out" patients to localized, private psychiatric clinics if they accept my insurance. I see the new guy this Friday. In other words, a lot of nice, legal citizens are in distress, but the criminals come first.

Many of the murder/suicides you hear about are simply a husband and wife "going to a better place." Robin Williams hung himself over a new diagnosis.

These are not criminals, but fully 10 percent of our population has a disorder. This is even growing among veterans; about 12% of the Vietnam vets have PTSD, while almost 30% of the middle-eastern vets are seeking help.

What opened my eyes was working at the vets' hospital. The emergency room was over-flowing, and "2B" which is the psychiatric wing, was locked down like a cell block. We had a scandal a few years ago where vets were given so many meds they sat unconscious, drooling and untreated.

BTW, that weekend I had the panic attack I was the only one here to take care of the dog--he's already suffering from losing his sister. Had I been alone, I would have gone down to the clinic with my bottles of meds and asked some serious questions. And if they made the determination that I could not care for myself, I would have signed myself in.

My shrink said it was a good thing I did not go. I would have been frisked, given clean sheets, drugged up to sleep, and locked in. No doctor would have come to examine me.
Ice-and-Snow likes this.

Old 07-11-2018, 06:50 PM   #594

Yeah, ain't it wonderful?
Old 07-12-2018, 05:46 AM   #595

Our Vets don't get anywhere near the benefits that they deserve. Most don't even get what was promised when they enlisted by the time they retire. This makes me very sad.... My Brother is retired Army and he was certainly watched his benefits get raped year after year.
The Tourist likes this.
Loki1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:16 PM   #596

I have never had a problem with the VA in Louisville KY.,been going there since 2006.Just a fact!
Bigdog likes this.

Yes I am a Democrat,that love his guns!
If1Hitu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:44 PM   #597

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 69492226_467947627091416_8611092756246298624_n.jpg (263.3 KB, 17 views)
wayne likes this.
Old 08-27-2019, 11:56 AM   #598

I spent 29 days at the VA hospital in Plains Twp, and I made certain that I will not go back. Doctor told me, "You have PTSD, we don't know how you got it, you should be on disability, but you are never going to get one." I have seen vets on disability, and they got $7,200.00 a year. One can't live on that little bit of nothingness. They did many tests, so that they could get the money for doing something, but I was not informed of most of the results, and I was never given proper treatment for what I was told of the findings. They pushed me out the door. Oh, by the way, I was given banned drugs that were known to cause death when taken for treatment. The staff tailored the forms for their wants, not what is reality.
motormac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:44 PM   #599

The Smart woman & #45.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 69495158_10211718602439839_6269118811396374528_n.jpg (39.3 KB, 7 views)
wayne and motormac like this.

Yes I am a Democrat,that love his guns!
If1Hitu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 06:46 PM   #600

hogg is an idiot...
DallasCMT and motormac like this.