• 1 Post By Lineman
  • 1 Post By RustyIron
  • 2 Post By Chuck43
  • 2 Post By Chickadee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2016, 07:13 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Bon Caca

A couple of weeks ago RustyIron commented on a seasoning that he orders from a friend in Louisiana. I couldn't resist, I had to look them up and order some for myself. I found out they only sell it by the case, I though about it for about 10 seconds and ordered a case. UPS delivered my order this afternoon and of course I had to try it. I grilled some chicken and vegetables tonight that I seasoned with it and it was fantastic. I'm going to give a couple of of containers away to my friends to try but plan on keeping most of it for myself, it's that good.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:45 PM   #2
Banned

I remember RI mentioning this spice, but didn't buy since had to be a bulk purchase. I'm always trying out different brands and flavors. Makes for adventures in eating.
Chuck43 likes this.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:03 PM   #3
Super Moderator

I'm like you, I love trying different seasonings and mixing my own blends.
JC45 likes this.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:37 PM   #4

Cajun Seasoning

Having a cajun heritage and growing up in Southern Louisiana, we had a plethora of special blend seasoning available. Over the past 20 or so years small specialized meat markets have opened up all along the I-10 corridor. Most of them have their "special" blend. I also love to try them out, and my cabinets are a good testimate to that fact. One seasoning that gained notoriety many years ago was Tony Chachere's but a lot of folks complained about it being too salty. Another family in Ville Platte Louisiana developed a seasoning to compete with Tony Chachere's called Slap Ya Mama and it had less salt. It is by far one of my favorites. Another is from a meat market in Scott Louisiana named Best Stop. Not only is their seasoning blend fantastic, but the also have the best boudin and cracklins. It's a must stop destination for us on the way to LSU games in Baton Rouge.

If any of you want to try out a new seasoning give either of these a try, you won't regret it.
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:06 PM   #5

Cool Dat Be Cajun!!

I have a friend who came from just outside Baton Rouge. I sampled his cooking and have since become a converted fan of Tony's Cajun Seasoning!! Venison and Tony's a good combination!!
Tony's.jpg

AAIEEEE!!
Chuck43 likes this.

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter

Last edited by Lineman; 10-18-2016 at 11:11 PM.
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:17 PM   #6

Hey, TG.
Tony's is marketed nationwide, and I've been using it for years. Of the several types I've tried, his "More Spice" seems to be the most versatile. It's about $7 for a little can at the grocery store, so I checked Amazon. I got a giant five pound tub for about $20. That tub will surely outlast me.

Chuck,
Be careful. If you give away a couple, pretty soon you'll have everyone knocking at your door begging for a can, and you'll just have to order another case.

The other seasoning I use is Pappy's Choice. It's predominantly paprika, with a few other spices thrown in. It goes GREAT on chicken, Cornish game hens, and nutria. It's available on Amazon Prime.
Chuck43 likes this.
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:01 AM   #7

Our cabinet is also a testament to our endless search for the next great spice blend. LOL

This has become our current favorite dry rub for chicken & pork. Bought it at the restaurant of the same name in Lockhart, TX during a visit with my uncle. If we manage to empty this container we will HAVE to get another...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2005.jpg (59.8 KB, 2 views)

Mario Andretti
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:31 AM   #8
Super Moderator

I tried some of the Bon Caca on my eggs this morning and it was a winner, this stuff could prove to be addictive.

Chickadee, just did a search and found you can order it on line Blacks Barbecue Original 1932 Dry Rub.
Chickadee and starnovi like this.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:36 AM   #9

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
I tried some of the Bon Caca on my eggs this morning and it was a winner, this stuff could prove to be addictive.

Chickadee, just did a search and found you can order it on line Blacks Barbecue Original 1932 Dry Rub.
Good to know. But ordering online wouldn't include enjoying some of their smoked on site BBQ in the restaurant....
Chuck43 and 2sharp2 like this.

Mario Andretti
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote