Kimber Talk Forums banner

California Proposition 63 passes

3K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  RustyIron 
#1 ·
What exactly dose this mean for out Calif. brothers. Are you going to have to go through a background check to buy ammo now and will you be charged for it? Will this kill mail order ammo purchases? What about magazines with greater capacity then 10 rounds, is it true that you're going to have to turn them in?

#3 ·
Yes, background check for ammo purchase, any online orders will have to be shipped to your FFL and will be a charge. You will be able to purchase a "card" to avoid BG but card has a yearly cost. I have heard $100.00 AND ammo will have its own counter to purchase that has a camera to snap your pic.

#12 ·
Out here they call that a 'Transfer' and is a big no no.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#22 ·
You can always move just short of Cal. Remember the ol song, "I bought ocean front property in Az."? With the new fault line running through Cal., won't be much longer now. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: OLE442
#24 ·
It awful what they have done with such a pretty state, I would never live there again

#32 ·
Montana is less populated by large. But still there is large liberal leaning cities. Luckily the state has strong laws, and even though it is mostly rural, most of the population lives in or plays outside of the cities. Montana will be one of the last states to get gun control crazy. There's always Alaska. Too cold for me though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.