• 1 Post By Marshall
  • 6 Post By Chuck43
  • 1 Post By RustyIron
  • 1 Post By Dude22
  • 1 Post By Ice-and-Snow
  • 1 Post By Pops6116

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2016, 06:55 PM   #1

Oh cool! (We don't have a holsters thread...)

Just saw an actual TV advertisement for Crossbreed Holsters on Lou Dobbs!
RustyIron likes this.
Ice-and-Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-17-2016, 07:02 PM   #2

Umm, yes we do.....

https://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/kim...-holsters.html
2sharp2 likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 07:40 PM   #3
Super Moderator

I listen to talk radio while I'm at the gym working out and I've noticed an increase in gun companies advertising in the last week FNAmerica is one of them.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:48 PM   #4

Groovy! It's a new day in America. Your timing is PERFECT. I'm right in the middle of browsing Crossbreed's web page.

I regularly carry a Sig P938 in a Wright Cruiser. It's good, but after a few hours, the muzzle end pokes uncomfortably into the upper part of my hip. I have the same holster for an HK P2000SK, which is a little bit bigger gun. The pressure is more evenly distributed, but after a few hours, it's no longer perfectly comfortable.

I compare that with a Sparks VM2. It distributes the pressure over a much larger area, and I can wear the HK for much longer, and it never becomes uncomfortable. I have another VM2 that I sometimes wear with a bigger Sig when weather allows for more clothing, and even it never becomes uncomfortable.

The conclusion is that while a small holster with a single loop is fine for convenience and short periods. But for all-day comfort, two points of attachment on a big slab of leather is really the way to go. I could order up another Sparks, pay the big bucks, and wait four months. Or... I could order one of these newfangled plastic holsters, have it in a week, and find out for myself what everybody is talking about.

Thoughts? Should I focus on Crossbreed, or should I consider Aliengear?
xroosterx likes this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 09:14 PM   #5

Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
Groovy! It's a new day in America. Your timing is PERFECT. I'm right in the middle of browsing Crossbreed's web page.

I regularly carry a Sig P938 in a Wright Cruiser. It's good, but after a few hours, the muzzle end pokes uncomfortably into the upper part of my hip. I have the same holster for an HK P2000SK, which is a little bit bigger gun. The pressure is more evenly distributed, but after a few hours, it's no longer perfectly comfortable.

I compare that with a Sparks VM2. It distributes the pressure over a much larger area, and I can wear the HK for much longer, and it never becomes uncomfortable. I have another VM2 that I sometimes wear with a bigger Sig when weather allows for more clothing, and even it never becomes uncomfortable.

The conclusion is that while a small holster with a single loop is fine for convenience and short periods. But for all-day comfort, two points of attachment on a big slab of leather is really the way to go. I could order up another Sparks, pay the big bucks, and wait four months. Or... I could order one of these newfangled plastic holsters, have it in a week, and find out for myself what everybody is talking about.

Thoughts? Should I focus on Crossbreed, or should I consider Aliengear?
I don't know what your everyday apparel is like and if you can get away with it, but I carry my Micro 9 in a DeSantis Mini Scabbard OWB most days. I wear normal button up shirts in casual and work styles most days. Untucked. I also wear polos and hoodies. I try to dress well and nothing is super loose but seems tailored looking. I wear the holster at 4 o'clock. The only time I find it exposed is when I first get out of the truck, but it's the same with my IWB holster too. I don't like how the barrel when wearing IWB digs into my hip. The mini scabbard remedies this.
shockfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 11:26 PM   #6

Thanks, Shock. OWB would work for me about five days out of the year.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 07:13 AM   #7

I'm a fab of alien gear. I just find them more comfortable. YMMV
RustyIron likes this.

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 07:35 AM   #8

I'm still quite a devotee of Nate Squared Tactical! Extremely comfortable, stays wherever I put it (without a belt!). Granted, it's with the Micro -- but they make 'em for bigger guns, and y'all with a belt should have an easy time!

The suede on the 'body' side is very comfortable against skin -- and the whole gun is 'inside' the edges of 'plate.'

Either gun-fitted kydex or (the old-stlyle one I have elastic (they don't make kydex one(s) for the Micro(s) yet. https://n82tactical.com/products/holsters/
RustyIron likes this.
Ice-and-Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 10:01 AM   #9

Just to throw out another option in the mix is a Crossbreed Supertuck. Excellent fit and very comfortable. Very short break in period. Took me about a week. As I live in Florida, It is virtually summer year round and IWB is the best option for me as i wear shorts 80 % of the time. My Raptor is too big to wear OWB, worry about printing, maybe too much
Attached Images
File Type: jpg holster.jpg (2.65 MB, 2 views)
RustyIron likes this.