Trump and the fanily business vs. The Presidency - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2016, 12:11 PM   #1

Trump and the fanily business vs. The Presidency

Trumps son-in-law may become and advisor to Donald Trump, a move that could violate federal anti-nepotism law and risk legal challenges and political backlash. Was their any issues with Bobby Kennedy becoming his brothers AG back in the Kennedy Administration? I'm not real good looking this stuff up in the internet.

I also think the Trump families business is going to get in the way of The Donald's Presidency if he doesn't set this up the right way. The progressives and their sympathetic news networks will be all over his arse if not done right! I'm not sure President Trump can keep his nose out of his family business and that could put him in a legal situation.
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-19-2016, 12:14 PM   #2

After a lot of praying and rummaging through scripture have figured out that the republicans put a money-changer into the "temple" to entice Jesus to come back for another visit.
Old 11-19-2016, 12:22 PM   #3

The ethical course of action would be to recuse himself from the operation of his businesses, and appoint an individual or board to act on his behalf. That's what he'll do. There are no other options.
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2016, 12:36 PM   #4
Banned

Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
The ethical course of action would be to recuse himself from the operation of his businesses, and appoint an individual or board to act on his behalf. That's what he'll do. There are no other options.
Donald will do what the Donald wants. Those that oppose the Will of The Donald, will get a twitter attack. Get one of those and you'll forever be sorry.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 02:40 PM   #5

Lyndon Johnson, who loathed RFK intensely and must certainly have borne that hatred in mind when, in 1967, he signed into law a nepotism statute that, among other provisions, appeared to make it impossible for a president to appoint immediate family members to the Cabinet or, some argue, to the White House staff. (The law explicitly prevents “public officials” from promoting a “relative” "to a civilian position in the agency in which he is serving or over which he exercises jurisdiction or control.”)

The Bitter Feud Behind the Law That Could Keep Jared Kushner Out of the White House - POLITICO Magazine

https://ethics.house.gov/staff-right...uties/nepotism
starnovi likes this.

Last edited by Marshall; 11-19-2016 at 02:47 PM.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:07 PM   #6

I think one of the biggest appointment decision facing Donald will be to bring his Trump Tower custodian staff to the White House.

If you have a problem with that, choose a orifice.
End of subject.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:14 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
I think one of the biggest appointment decision facing Donald will be to bring his Trump Tower custodian staff to the White House.
His staff from TT won't be needed since the White House has a permanent staff of nearly 100 people..

The Permanent White House Staff Is, Understandably, on Edge About the | Vanity Fair

11 Interesting Facts About Being on the Service Staff at the White House | Mental Floss
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:21 PM   #8
Banned

Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
Donald might decide to rule the world from his golden tower. The Twitter palace.
Tinman likes this.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:35 PM   #9

Originally Posted by jms-stlou View Post
..just custodians, not 100% of his staff.
He'll have many Obama opportunities to clean up. Capitol Hill visitors might mess on the carpets during the first 100 days.
starnovi likes this.

If you have a problem with that, choose a orifice.
End of subject.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 06:19 PM   #10

there is nothing in the Constitution that says the President can't have a business. George Washington had a business.

I think it's great. I think it's what the Founders wanted- citizens who serve and then go back to their lives. This idea that only a professional politician can be President is the downfall of our country.
Chuck43, Ice-and-Snow and Hoffbrew like this.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote