Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Marshall
  • 1 Post By Chuck43
  • 1 Post By montanaResident

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2016, 07:31 AM   #1
Banned

Only 95+ billion to go

Can Barry do it? Can he get to 20 trillion before leaving office. I'm betting he can.

National Debt now at 19.9+ Trillion. Yeah, Baby!!! Spend if you got it, spend it if you don't.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-26-2016, 07:41 AM   #2

On par with what Bush accomplished...Doubling the national debt seems to be the new "in" thing in DC....
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 08:07 AM   #3
Banned

Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
On par with what Bush accomplished...Doubling the national debt seems to be the new "in" thing in DC....
Watch Trump. What took both Bush and Obama 8 years each, Trump can do in 4.

Rebuild the nations infrastructure (500 billion was promised), maternity leave ($680 billion over a decade), increase defense spending (already at 600 billion), etc. and all this while cutting taxes. Unless he can get Mexico to pay for everything the national debt is going to skyrocket.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:21 AM   #4

Originally Posted by montanaResident View Post
Watch Trump. What took both Bush and Obama 8 years each, Trump can do in 4.
Poor Donald gets brought into the question of if we thought Barry could hit $20 trillion ??

I should have seen that coming.....
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 01:43 PM   #5

Cut back the National Debt by taking away some of the free things that are handed out...someone might have to go to work to have them. We have created a society that knows how to get $$ money from the Government without even working. I hope to see a change of this in the future....
Participant of the Southeast Asia War Games, 1971.
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 02:48 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Markie View Post
Cut back the National Debt by taking away some of the free things that are handed out...someone might have to go to work to have them. We have created a society that knows how to get $$ money from the Government without even working. I hope to see a change of this in the future....
One way or another change is coming, either they're going to cut back on these programs or the people that are still working and contributing to them will eventually die off and the well will go dry.
Markie likes this.
Old 11-26-2016, 04:26 PM   #7
Banned

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
One way or another change is coming, either they're going to cut back on these programs or the people that are still working and contributing to them will eventually die off and the well will go dry.
It is happening already. The bond market is say no to our debt. At near zero interest rates we are still paying almost a billion a day just to honor the interest on the debt. As the cost of borrowing increase, so does the cost to the existing debt. It creates a vicious circle that cannot be controlled. I know that nearly everybody here believes in magic and that Trump is the magician with the magic words. Let me say definitively that the future is a single path forward and those that are self sufficient and adaptable get to suffer less then others. What is happening in Chicago is a picnic compared to what is coming to all of the USA. When people get hungry, they get angry, and denigrating them on the internet doesn't go very far.
OLE442 likes this.

Last edited by montanaResident; 11-26-2016 at 04:47 PM.
Old 11-26-2016, 05:24 PM   #8

Originally Posted by montanaResident View Post
It is happening already. The bond market is say no to our debt. At near zero interest rates we are still paying almost a billion a day just to honor the interest on the debt. As the cost of borrowing increase, so does the cost to the existing debt. It creates a vicious circle that cannot be controlled. I know that nearly everybody here believes in magic and that Trump is the magician with the magic words. Let me say definitively that the future is a single path forward and those that are self sufficient and adaptable get to suffer less then others. What is happening in Chicago is a picnic compared to what is coming to all of the USA. When people get hungry, they get angry, and denigrating them on the internet doesn't go very far.
I agree....Trump MAY have won the election but he won a time bomb. We shall see if he has any good ideas......or not! Still prefer him over Hillary! Maybe she'll find some lost votes in the recount.....more probable they'll find voter fraud by her sympathizers....LOL!

I always hoped Ron Paul would win the Presidency and when in office, do an audit of Fort Knox! Love to see the panic when all the citizens realized that there is no, or very little, gold in the depository!! And all the Congressmen and Senators, past & present, collect gigantic pensions and healthcare benefits for doing such a great job (NOT) for the folks they represent! LOL!!

Last edited by OLE442; 11-27-2016 at 07:18 AM.
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote