• 3 Post By Marshall
  • 1 Post By speedydg13
  • 4 Post By Marshall
  • 2 Post By Chuck43
  • 6 Post By Markie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2016, 01:14 PM   #1

Interesting read

This article is, IMO, a good description of what is wrong with our younger generation and some older folk who self-identify as progressive.

Americans Are Losing Touch with Reality: Feelings Have Replaced Facts

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-26-2016, 01:46 PM   #2

Good read Gator...

Let's just say that the millennials will never be confused with the Greatest Generation.

IMO there were too many participation trophies given out to them as children and more handing everything to them instead of making them earn what they wanted..

JMTC
speedydg13, Markie and Cybercycle like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 02:06 PM   #3

Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Good read Gator...

Let's just say that the millennials will never be confused with the Greatest Generation.

IMO there were too many participation trophies given out to them as children and more handing everything to them instead of making them earn what they wanted..

JMTC
I agree. Ends up with people feeling they are ENTITLED to things instead of them actually striving to EARN the things they want/need.
Marshall likes this.

Old 11-26-2016, 02:12 PM   #4

Originally Posted by speedydg13 View Post
I agree. Ends up with people feeling they are ENTITLED to things instead of them actually striving to EARN the things they want/need.
My daughter hasn't worked while she is in college since she had a full schedule and that was my decision...

This semester she didn't have as many classes and she picked up 10-15 hours a week @ $10 an hour and that was her decision...She was always taught that the world doesn't owe you a damn thing...If you want anything out of life you have to go earn it...
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 02:28 PM   #5
Super Moderator

I listened to a program a could of weeks ago where some psychologist were saying that today's collage students for the most part are incapable of thinking more then 2 years into their future. They can't connect what they are doing or not doing today with the rest of their lives. It's not a problem if they're in their late 20's and still haven't had a job, in their minds they will still be successful, own a big home, an expensive car and retire early with ton's of money.
Jflytle and speedydg13 like this.
Old 11-26-2016, 03:59 PM   #6

My son when he graduated from High School joined the Air National Guard. He went to basic and came back and started College. He graduated from the Professional Pilot's Course with a Multi-engine rating and an Instrument Flight Instructor's rating from the FAA. It cost me one Head set for him to wear...he paid the rest by being in the guard, working at night for Walmart. He turned in his paperwork two years ago to get out of the military, 21 years of service. He now flies for Southwest Airlines...I am proud of him because he earned everything that he has...even that Bass Boat he loves. Today's generation is so much different....
Participant of the Southeast Asia War Games, 1971.
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote