Kimber Talk Forums banner

Cocktail Time

2K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Chickadee 
#1 ·
OK boy's belly up to the bar, I've got the first round today on my one year anniversary as a Kimber Talk member. Buffalo Trace on three rocks with a splash of water, here's to every active member that's helped build this forum into what it is today, cheers.

#18 ·
The Woodford Reserve distillery is just down the road from me. I toured the place and it is about as picturesque as you can....well, picture. It's a small place as distilleries go. They have these big silver coffee urns in the lobby of the welcome center/office/gift shop and they have bourbon balls to put in the coffee. S'good.

Well, I guess I'll join y'all, but I'll have vodka. I actually hate whiskey. No shit. Kentucky boy, surrounded on all sides by distilleries and I hate bourbon. Go figure. I guess it's like living on the coast and hating seafood. :rolleyes:

#9 ·
Cheers, my friends. I poured my Black & Tan about 1600hrs. Every time the glass empties, a new brew finds it's way in. :D

Hijacking threads has it's benefits. :D :D :D View attachment 1888
Hi-jacking a bourbon thread with a post about your black and tan is allowed so really you haven't hi-jacked anything.

#13 ·
Shortly before I retired I considered doing a lot of crazy things, one of them was buying a barrel of Jack Daniels single barrel whiskey. The distillery at the time was offering them for just over $3000.00, that included bottling and shipping. I clipped this from the ad they were using to promote this sale.

You got everything you see in the picture, that's exactly 240 750ml bottles of Jack Daniels and the barrel with your name engraved into it. At today's prices that's about $12,000.00 worth of sweetness. Chalk up another one in my lose column.

#14 ·
Not a loss. Imagine having 240 750ml bottles of single barrel whiskey at your finger tips. Had you purchased that, I may be responding to someone else's post right now. Think about it.

Livers aren't cheap.

#15 ·
I don't think having a big liquor stash would make me an alcoholic any more then having a big ammo supply would make me a mass killer.

Reactions: Chickadee
#17 ·
Any way you look a it that's a lot of "Jack" Chuck!

#21 ·
Hiya, Chickadee. Wine is fine. :)

Seems everyone bails before early on you, being two or three hours ahead. You on Mountain or Pacific time?

#23 ·
And the wine is good, I hope. Wine and I do not get along. Seems most times I try it, I end up with an awful headache.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.