Road trip questions - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2017, 05:32 PM   #1

Road trip questions

Later this year we will take a road trip to the Denver Colorado area to see our son. I have an Ohio CCW and will be traveling through Indiana, Illinois, Missouri and Kansas to get to Colorado.

In looking at the CCW reprocity map, it indicates Illinois doesn't recognize Ohio CCW permits, Any ideas how to deal with this other than bypass the entire state??

Also, Colorado does recognize the Ohio CCW but I know some parts of the state are not that gun friendly IMO! Any thoughts on CCW in Colorado.

Thanks for any insight here!!
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-22-2017, 05:34 PM   #2

Drive fast....just kidding. I'm interested in the feedback on this, so I hope you get some.
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:37 PM   #3

Originally Posted by OLE442 View Post
Later this year we will take a road trip to the Denver Colorado area to see our son. I have an Ohio CCW and will be traveling through Indiana, Illinois, Missouri and Kansas to get to Colorado.

In looking at the CCW reprocity map, it indicates Illinois doesn't recognize Ohio CCW permits, Any ideas how to deal with this other than bypass the entire state??

Also, Colorado does recognize the Ohio CCW but I know some parts of the state are not that gun friendly IMO! Any thoughts on CCW in Colorado.

Thanks for any insight here!!
As long as you don't take your gun out of the car while driving through the Land of Lincoln you will be fine....If Colorado recognizes your CCW you have no worries at all and if you still want to worry wear it concealed where no one sees it....
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2017, 05:48 PM   #4

Originally Posted by starnovi View Post
Drive fast....just kidding. I'm interested in the feedback on this, so I hope you get some.
Yes, especially from Chuck
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:49 PM   #5

Seeing Illinois doesn't fully recognize the permit I would unload and lock up, drive through and reload up. I wouldn't take the chance on encountering a leftist gun grabbing cop in some anti gun county. JMO. Better safe then a felony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:53 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Marshall's right, while in Illinois if you are licensed by your home state to carry a gun you can continue to wear your concealed weapon in your vehicle. If you have to get out of the vehicle say to buy gas you must leave the gun in the car with another licensed gun holder or unload it and put it in your console or glove compartment.
Marshall and OLE442 like this.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:00 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Marshall's right, while in Illinois if you are licensed by your home state to carry a gun you can continue to wear your concealed weapon in your vehicle. If you have to get out of the vehicle say to buy gas you must leave the gun in the car with another licensed gun holder or unload it and put it in your console or glove compartment.
I just confirmed that by calling the ISP and he told me the exact same thing...

Illinois State Police District 18  

State Police Department
Address: 102 IL-16, Litchfield, IL 62056
Phone(217) 324-2151
OLE442 and JC45 like this.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:09 PM   #8
Super Moderator

A week or 2 ago a guy with a carry permit drove into Illinois from Mo. while in his vehicle someone tried to rob him and he shot the guy. The shooting was ruled justifiable and he was never charged with anything because he never left his vehicle with his gun.
Marshall, OLE442 and JC45 like this.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:33 PM   #9

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
A week or 2 ago a guy with a carry permit drove into Illinois from Mo. while in his vehicle someone tried to rob him and he shot the guy. The shooting was ruled justifiable and he was never charged with anything because he never left his vehicle with his gun.
Would-be robbers in Metro East pull gun on Vietnam vet, who fires back, killing 1 | Law and order | stltoday.com
DaveinNC likes this.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:38 PM   #10

Just don't forget to take it off if you pump gas. Or heaven forbid you need to use the engine compartment for cover. Inside a vehicle is the last place I want to be in a gun fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote