Every company has problems! - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree106Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2017, 07:56 AM   #1

Every company has problems!

I bought a Toyota Hylander 2017 in February. It has 5000 miles on it and the other day it would only run about 20 mph.
Now I'm leasing this but it was still around 44k. This is my second lease of a Toyota Hylander and my 2013 had no issues at all .
I maintained my composure because screaming and getting upset only proves you to be foolish. Especially when you need their help.
I equate this to KIMBER also. Is sending a gun back to KIMBER frustrating? Is it time consuming? But the best thing to do is to let them help you without upsetting everyone.
So for all the numerous M9 issues and 380 problems hang in there and they will work it out.
Toyota said there was a code that said call California . My local dealer has never seen this before . I am waiting patiently drive my loner 2017 Tundra . Have know idea what where or when I will get it back.
Just food for thought.
Chuck43, Islander, Tejun and 6 others like this.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-21-2017, 08:35 AM   #2

Buy Amurican; get another Jeep.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:51 AM   #3

Jeep is now owned by Fiat. Many of the Fiat-Chrysler-Jeep drive trains are shared across all product families. FCA Group is currently reconfiguring plants (Belvidere by me) to produce any FCA car/SUV/light-truck
Nellybelle likes this.
Jflytle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2017, 09:58 AM   #4

Everyone knows Toyotas suck because they have MIM parts......
Longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:37 AM   #5

Highlander is a girlie soccer mom car.

If you're driving a Tundra loaner while the Highlander is being repaired... enjoy.

I've had this Tundra 4wd since 2000 when they were first introduced. Over a quarter million miles on it. Still runs smooth as silk with the old Lexus V8. Sure wish my Pugsters was still here... but got a new furball riding shotgun these days... Coondog. She loves to ride.

Chuck43, Tejun, swca and 1 others like this.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-21-2017 at 10:42 AM.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:52 AM   #6

One of the biggest reasons I shop at Costco Warehouse is their customer service. If you do not like the product or just changed your mind about your purchase they will let you return it. Even if it has been sitting on your closet shelf for five years. I have been buying the court classic tennis shoes for years and always have a new pair on the shelf besides the pair I wear. About a year ago I saw that they had come out with a slightly new design with memory foam or jell for the insole. So I took the back-up pair to see if I could get credit for them and get the new design. The guy at the return counter asked me when I had purchased them and I told him it may have been as long as a year or more it turned out to be more he finally found when I had purchased them it had been five years. I think I must have bought another pair and did not rotate them! I told him I had no Idea it had been that long and was a little embarrassed. I was ready to just keep them before I could get the words out he credited my card. I believe most any business that is successful will always have a quality Customer Service Dept. I feel the care you receive after your purchase is just as important if not more important as the day you first made the purchase. Long story short I believe companies will take a loss a lot of times in order to make the customer happy because they know you will come back again for future purchases. They do not want people bad mouthing their business because people will tell everyone of their horrible experience it spreads like wild fire. Where as good experiences do not get talked about nearly as often. The second or third purchase is where they make their money. If you do not believe me just look at the purchases you have made over the years and see if maybe you have actually gone to a certain store and paid a little more to buy it there because you liked the way you were treated during and after the sale! Sorry it took so many words to get it out.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:56 AM   #7

...I've had two Camrys that went over 400k each :-) The last one was happily driven away by the new owner. Generally speaking they make good rides IMO :-)
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:02 AM   #8

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
Highlander is a girlie soccer mom car.

If you're driving a Tundra loaner while the Highlander is being repaired... enjoy.

I've had this Tundra 4wd since 2000 when they were first introduced. Over a quarter million miles on it. Still runs smooth as silk with the old Lexus V8. Sure wish my Pugsters was still here... but got a new furball riding shotgun these days... Coondog. She loves to ride.

You won't have to worry about getting "snuk up on" either anymore Phil. That Black and Tan should do the trick for you alarm wise. I had a Blue Tick for years that kept us posted as to any activity outside the house 24/7 :-)
ChattanoogaPhil likes this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:12 AM   #9

Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
Buy Amurican; get another Jeep.
That's a joke, right?
Cucamonga kid and Mini Me like this.
DaveinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:27 AM   #10

Well I got my Girlie car soccer mom special back from the dealer.
They believe after running all the test they could think of is that I didn't have it completely in Park when I tried to start it initially. Now I don't believe that to be the case but they documented everything and I have no doubt that is it acts up again Toyota will take care of it.
The Tundra was a real nice truck. After my knee surgery I had a little trouble get in it. However I drove it maybe 50 miles and that sucker can drink the gas.
I filled it up this morning and it was over ten bucks just to top it off for them.
swca, Markie, Mini Me and 1 others like this.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote