Educational Fun in the OC - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By RustyIron

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2017, 02:25 PM   #1

Educational Fun in the OC

Mrs. Iron and I spent the past couple days at the Imaginology event at the county fairgrounds, and we didn't see one entitled snowflake cowering from fear of microagressions. These kids are smart, interested in learning, and have the initiative to go out and create things.

The theme is S.T.E.A.M.
That's science, technology, engineering, arts, math. Schoolkids bring in their projects, and other organizations put together educational displays. Attendance is about 20,000 daily. Some of my favorite projects were the vehicle projects. These aren't the go-carts that I played with. Some are gas engine-powered, some are electric, some solar. There are robotics projects, that look like they were made from old-school erector sets. About five at a time are put into a pit, and the robots compete by grabbing tennis balls and moving them around. The FFA kids show their animals--everything from cows and sheep to rabbits and bantam chickens.

Perhaps what steers these kids toward excellence is parental support. In addition to the organized school groups, there were families-kids, parents, grandparents... all interested in learning stuff. My guess is that these are the students who will become productive members of our society.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2637.jpg (4.35 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2620.jpg (4.34 MB, 2 views)
Chuck43, 2sharp2, Markie and 1 others like this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads