A Noticeable Military Change!! - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2017, 10:59 PM   #1

Wink A Noticeable Military Change!!

I have been in the same hunting club in East Georgia for the past 24 years. Aside from the deer and turkey hunting, one of the other interesting benefits of being on our leased property is the fact that it is in Air Force and Army Air practice airspace. For years, I commonly saw all sorts of military aircraft overfly the area. I have seen Air Force F-16's, F-15's, B1 bombers, Army Huey, Apache, Blackhawk and Chinook helicopters. Being an Air Force brat, I can recognize all of them on sight. One of the most common sights was the Air Force fighter/bombers coming screaming down Lundburg Rd, on the West side of the property, just below supersonic speed. The road was used as a reference to line up the bridge over the Little River on the south end of our lease property. Usually they came in a pair. A lead plane and his wingman. They were using the bridge as a practice bombing target. It was electronically "destroyed" Sometimes the lead would come down the road and the wingman would make a crossing attack up the Little River.

These military displays were seen every year until 2008. From then until the present, courtesy of the Obama administration, not one military aircraft was seen over the lease property!! Well, last Thursday, all that changed! With the arrival of the Trump administration, training flights returned with a vengeance!!

I was sitting in a lounge chair at 5:30 in the afternoon, after a hard morning's turkey hunting, having a cold drink and getting ready for dinner. Suddenly, I heard a thundering roar and looked up to see an Air Force F-15E Strike Eagle screaming down Lundburg Rd. at treetop level. He made his pass over the Little River bridge, then hit the afterburner and rolled to the right and away. 30 seconds later, his wingman made his pass on the bridge. In another 30 seconds, another Strike Eagle screamed down the road at low level. Completing his pass, he rolled to the left on full burner. Lastly, his wingman passed directly over me, just under the speed of sound. I could see the water vapor boiling over the wings, as he made a sudden right turn, as he made a crossing attack up the river on the "target"!! He rolled away at just barely sub-sonic speed. I LOVED IT!!!

F-15E Strike Eagle.jpg <----F-15E Strike Eagle passing directly overhead. And I caught that on a cellphone camera!!

Once again, our military are participating in the training exercises that hone their skills to be the finest military in the world. Thank you, President Trump. You ARE making America Great Again!!

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter

Last edited by Lineman; 05-12-2017 at 11:05 PM.
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-12-2017, 11:07 PM   #2

Amen Brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck43 likes this.
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 12:55 AM   #3

Right there with you my Brethren!

Lineman I wish I could be sitting on your back porch with you and watch the military hone there skills. I really hated Obama when he started weakening our military and literally bowed to leaders of other countries. As far as I am concerned we should never bow to anyone. So glad to hear Trump is putting money back into the military! I started sleeping better right after the election.
Chuck43 likes this.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-13-2017, 01:53 AM   #4

Cool

Originally Posted by swca View Post
Lineman I wish I could be sitting on your back porch with you and watch the military hone there skills. I really hated Obama when he started weakening our military and literally bowed to leaders of other countries. As far as I am concerned we should never bow to anyone. So glad to hear Trump is putting money back into the military! I started sleeping better right after the election.
Tom, I was down at the hunting camp,in Washington, Georgia. That is about 75 miles away from my home in beautiful downtown Monroe, Georgia!!! I was down there for the last week of turkey season. I didn't get a turkey, but I did see four (Strike) Eagles!! It reminded me of the days in my youth when my Daddy used to get the "jet jockeys" to take me up. I'd love to do that now. Too bad the G forces of an F-15 or F-16 would probably kill me. But what a way to go!!!

Hey, if you ever make it to Georgia, I will be happy to take down to the hunting camp to watch the aerial show!! I remember one time during deer season; I was up in a deer stand when I spotted an F-16 coming toward me at tree top level. Just to be humorous, I waved to the pilot. He obviously had his thermal sight on, because he saw me and rocked the wings to acknowledge me. That was gratifying!!

Another version came when I lived in Florida. I used to hunt on the active Avon Park Air Force Bombing Range. Hunters were allowed on the base on weekends to hunt in the Safety areas surrounding the active bombing ranges. On one weekend we got to watch the F-16 squadron from Homestead Air Force Base doing night bombing on Friday night. The practice bombs light up the whole northern horizon for us to see from the camp grounds. The next morning, the 8" self-propelled guns from the Avon Park National Guard Armory were set up at the end of the landing strip. They were firing on the far northern Bravo Range 6 miles north of the landing strip. And finally, on Sunday morning, the carrier, U.S.S. America, was off shore and the F-14 squadron was in for aerial ground attack gunnery practice. Hearing the 20mm M61 A1 Vulcan Cannon was awesome. It doesn't sound like a gun at all. It fires 6000 rounds per minute and actually sound like someone cutting loose with a very loud, drawn out burp, kind of like Buddy in the movie ELF!! After one of the gunnery runs, it would rain 20mm shell casings for about 15 seconds!

All in all, the U.S. Government put on one hell of a show!! Great stuff!!
Chuck43, 2sharp2, bhunted and 1 others like this.

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter

Last edited by Lineman; 05-13-2017 at 01:57 AM.
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 07:15 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to loadedround
All for free too! Thanks Donald.
swca likes this.
loadedround is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 07:26 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by loadedround View Post
All for free too! Thanks Donald.
It's only free to those that don't pay taxes.
ChattanoogaPhil, Mini Me and wfm like this.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:48 AM   #7

Thank you. Finally.
Chuck43 likes this.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 08:24 AM   #8

Cool as hell pic of the fighter Lineman!
Chuck43 and Lineman like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:47 AM   #9

Originally Posted by Lineman View Post
... All in all, the U.S. Government put on one hell of a show!! Great stuff!!
You sure got that right, Lineman.

I was on the USS Enterprise back in 1975, when we stopped in Singapore for some much needed R&R after the last Tonkin Gulf exercise of the Vietnam war. When we left, we took aboard a bunch of Singapore officials for a friendly demonstration of "Peace Through Strength," so to speak. F-14's were strafing (gotta love that BuRRRRP), A6's and A7's were bombing, helicopters were doing sonar dips and SAR pickups. The EA-6B I was flying shot invisible electrons which was pretty unimpressive, so we just emptied the flare containers as we flew by the ship. All in all, it was a fun day for everyone.
Chuck43 likes this.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:49 AM   #10

We are near the airport and get a lot of flyovers from the Air National Guard and their F-15s. Every once in a while, we'll get some F-5s flying over as well. Not sure where they are based since the Fresno ANG is all F-15s.