• 3 Post By starnovi
  • 2 Post By Jflytle
  • 4 Post By Marshall
  • 3 Post By Lineman
  • 1 Post By Cybercycle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2017, 01:43 PM   #1

Memorial Day Weekend

I just wanted to take this opportunity to say "Thank You" to all who have served our country and to remember all of those who paid the ultimate price for our freedom that we enjoy in America. Remember our fallen heroes this weekend as you celebrate Memorial Day!!!
Marshall, GiGi, Lineman and 9 others like this.

Semper Fi

Kimber Ultra CDP II .45 ACP
Kimber Stainless Micro 9mm
Old Timer 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-27-2017, 02:43 PM   #2

Originally Posted by Old Timer 57 View Post
I just wanted to take this opportunity to say "Thank You" to all who have served our country and to remember all of those who paid the ultimate price for our freedom that we enjoy in America. Remember our fallen heroes this weekend as you celebrate Memorial Day!!!
I couldn't have said that better...Thank you Sgt.Major and to all of the others on KT that have served our great nation.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18619903_1922783661301123_7720357441200776122_n.jpg (86.0 KB, 6 views)
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 04:53 PM   #3

A big thank you, SGT. Major from another veteran. On this Memorial Day I always think about an uncle. He was listed as MIA/KIA on 5/18/1951 in Korea. My mission is to help bring him home.
Lineman and Jflytle like this.
Participant of the Southeast Asia War Games, 1971.
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2017, 06:01 PM   #4

I agree...we should never forget the REAL meaning of this holiday. I was born into a family that served which included my father who was infantry that landed at Normandy and fought the Battle of the Bulge (and more) and a Grandfather that served in WWI in France (gassed there). Wishing all that served this Memorial Day!
Lineman, Jflytle, Markie and 1 others like this.
OGCA - Life Member
Cybercycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:16 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Markie View Post
A big thank you, SGT. Major from another veteran. On this Memorial Day I always think about an uncle. He was listed as MIA/KIA on 5/18/1951 in Korea. My mission is to help bring him home.
Markie - I understand the emptiness and void this situation brings. I hope and pray that someday soon your uncle shall return to you. May you will find peace and be made whole again upon his arrival!
Lineman, Jflytle and Markie like this.

Semper Fi

Kimber Ultra CDP II .45 ACP
Kimber Stainless Micro 9mm
Old Timer 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:19 PM   #6

I big thank you to all who have served and to all who have lost a loved one while serving. Your service and sacrifices will always be remembered and appreciated. God bless.
Lineman, Markie and Cybercycle like this.
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:38 AM   #7

To those who are currently serving, those who have served and those who paid the ultimate price for our freedoms and those of our allies, THANK YOU
Lineman and Cybercycle like this.
Jflytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:38 AM   #8

I'm only 53, but back in the late 80's early 90's I mostly drank at pubs that had an older customer base. There was this one bar that I will never forget and many of the guys who drank there are forever in my mind.

It was a corner bar on the south side of St Lou called A Shau Valley. If you served in Vietnam you have heard of this place over there and as you would have guessed this was a pub that veterans from the Vietnam war/conflict hung out at and drowned the memories of a time many of them wanted to forget.

I made many friends and memories with those men, some good and many not so good from the one's who would talk about their time over there, but there were many who wouldn't utter a word about it.

There were a few times over the years that I was asked what I was doing there in a pub of veterans and having never served myself that was a legitimate question, but I always replied with the same answer.
"I'm just here to thank you for your service and buy you a beer"...Some of the time I got a hug or a handshake followed by a thank you and always ending with the top of our beer bottles clanging one another and saying the word "cheers"...

Thank you to the men and women that served in Vietnam here on KT and I will raise a beer and toast you on Monday when we go to the local VFW hall to drink with a few veterans...
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:21 PM   #9

Cool One Exception!!

As most of you know, my father was career Air Force. He signed up two days after Pearl Harbor in the Army Air Corps. He retired in 1970 as a Brigadier General.
sac.jpg

You also know that my son is a Staff sergeant in the U.S. Army, with the 2nd Cavalry Regiment, currently stationed at the Rose Barracks in Vilseck, Germany.
2nd Cavalry Regiment.jpg

What you don't know is that I am the one and only generation of my family not to have served in the military. I did have an appointment to the U.S. Air Force Academy. I went in for my physical on crutches.
They failed to see the humor in that!!!

All other generations have served. That goes all the way back to the Revolutionary War. There are six of my relatives named on the plaque in Williamsburg, Virginia of all those known to have served in the Revolutionary War. It also includes service during the Civil War.....on both sides, the Spanish-American War, WWI and Korea!!

Although I may not have been in any branch of the military, I served,
through my father and my son. I am a military brat and father. That is my contribution to our freedom!! I supported those who fought for your freedom.
Chuck43, Marshall and Cybercycle like this.

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:50 PM   #10

I understand, Lineman, and when I commented to my wife about your post, she said she felt the same way about her "service". I agree...while I was on active duty, my wife was a Red Cross Volunteer and worked at the base hospital assisting everywhere she was needed...like assisting doctors in surgery, delivering babies for dependent wives and assisting in rehab for our GI's returning from SE Asia (and other locations) just name a few items. So, come every Veteran's Day, I make sure she is included for her "Service"...similarly, I see Lineman did his part in taking care of those in a military branch that were entrusted to him, and that's worth acknowledging.
Lineman likes this.
OGCA - Life Member
Cybercycle is offline   Reply With Quote