Chicago Shootings - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2017, 07:07 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Chicago Shootings

Chicago is off to a good start this month, in the first 4 days of July 100 people have been shot and of them 15 were killed.

Year to Date
Shot & Killed: 319
Shot & Wounded: 1509
Total Shot: 1828
Jflytle likes this.

Last edited by Chuck43; 07-05-2017 at 04:07 PM. Reason: One of the ones counted as shot died today
Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-05-2017, 07:26 AM   #2
Banned

Chicago should start thinking about different ways to deal with this, cause what they are doing, if anything, is not working.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:35 AM   #3

Gee, and I thought tougher gun control was the answer to all these senseless shootings, I guess I was confused...
Jflytle and DaveinNC like this.
oldognewtrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2017, 07:51 AM   #4
Banned

Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
Gee, and I thought tougher gun control was the answer to all these senseless shootings, I guess I was confused...
I had a BBQ with friends last night, and one of the guest was a prosecuting district attorney. Very interesting! Our courts are more screwed up then I even imagined. The entire system is flawed and might need to be overhauled. Laws that are not enforced nor is suitable punishment given to offenders, seems to be the root cause of much of the problem.

Another law will do nothing, but muddy up what is already a feckless situation.

Outreach, community involvement, counseling, jobs, etc. And then the firmest of punishment with prejudice for those to persist (i.e. for those that just don't get it).
Jflytle likes this.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 12:40 PM   #5

Well this ain't gonna help the cause much.

https://www.rt.com/usa/395198-fbi-st...earms-vehicle/
KC4YIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:05 PM   #6

Originally Posted by KC4YIN View Post
Well this ain't gonna help the cause much.

https://www.rt.com/usa/395198-fbi-st...earms-vehicle/

Kinda makes you wonder just how much training our law enforcement really gets ( Initially or Continuing ). Or do they just hand them a gun and say "There ya go"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Albert.Cairns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:39 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Albert.Cairns View Post
Kinda makes you wonder just how much training our law enforcement really gets ( Initially or Continuing ). Or do they just hand them a gun and say "There ya go"

It's sad. I'd be willing to bet that for every Barney Fife out there, there are at least ten really good, decent LEOs who are doing their damnest to do the right thing in a tough situation
CharlieW, OLE442 and PaulWVa like this.
Longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:30 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Longhorn View Post
It's sad. I'd be willing to bet that for every Barney Fife out there, there are at least ten really good, decent LEOs who are doing their damnest to do the right thing in a tough situation

Problem is the only ones being reported on are the few that shouldn't be in Law enforcement in the first place. Too bad you don't hear anything about the real heroes that do the job the right way. But I guess that's not headline making news today. Probably hard to weed them out until they do something stupid anyways. I got pulled over in my Mustang at 2:30 am on a Friday night (work 2nd Shift). Sheriff walks up, older gentleman about my age (50's) I hand him my drivers license and inform him I have a CPL and I am carrying. He's says thanks and where is the firearm. I inform him it's on my right hip at 3:00. He says ok and was good with it. Until his gung ho partner (20 something probably ex military) comes around the car and says "We need the firearm!" So the older cop ask me if I mind ( mandatory to give it up if requested in Michigan) I tell no I don't mind and ask if I could undo my belt and slide it off holster and all. He said fine and I did so. After the whole episode he comes back to the car (without his partner) tells me he's just giving me a warning for not coming to a complete stop. ( Friday night at 2:30 AM, they were looking for drunks. Excuse) Hands my my weapon back and says "Beautiful Kimber you have there ( carrying my Ultra Eclipse). And starts telling me how sorry he was about his partner and the inconvenience of surrendering my weapon. Says these youngsters fresh out of the military are all gung ho and need to tone it down a little. I told him I understood (Dad was a County Deputy.) I thanked him and said goodnight and be safe. But this is a classic case of what even some seasoned cops have to deal with within their own group.

Longhorn, DaveinNC and PaulWVa like this.
Albert.Cairns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:17 PM   #9

Overnight here in the Lou 9 were shot and of those 3 expired. All of the shootings were north of the Arch, which is normal since it's the hood.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:33 PM   #10

Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Overnight here in the Lou 9 were shot and of those 3 expired. All of the shootings were north of the Arch, which is normal since it's the hood.
I'm sure glad out here in the west, on the Oregon high desert to be exact, we don't have "the hood" anywhere within 150 miles (Portland). But we get to read about it every day or hear the current stats on the news.

I like it here better!
PaulWVa likes this.
Rick in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote