Madison shopping malls. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2017, 05:05 AM   #1

Madison shopping malls.

It was announced this week that both the east and west side malls will now require those under 18 to have an adult guardian during Friday and Saturday evening.

Despite using the verbiage "all teens," there is a movement here claiming this is designed to stifle black teens, and therefore is racist.

(BTW, both malls are owned by the same national conglomerate that has used this same policy to cut down on retail theft and fighting all over the country.)

Like many cities, these malls over the past two years have seen violence go from fist fighting to throwing chairs, to knives and then guns. Our bangers do not wear official emblems, but three or four of them might wear red shirts or scarfs, and one group wears snow white T-shirts. You can almost feel the pot starting to brew.

One problem was our East Towne Food Court. It was a drug mall until they gutted it about one year ago. The cover story was over "improvements," but one civilian guard told me it was to run cable for cameras and to build an official, staffed and equipped office for law enforcement.

Me? I'm learning to make my own exotic coffee and I'm pricing Kevlar. The West Towne B&N is a nicer place, and their building is not attached to their mall. But it's a 20 mile drive, one way.
Chuck43 likes this.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:57 AM   #2

It's gonna get worse b/4 it gets better.
Chuck43 likes this.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:16 AM   #3

The owners of a few of the malls here did the same thing many years ago and yes they were also called racists too. There were protests and the news crews went out and filmed them and over time the story went away.

I have 2 large malls within a 15 drive and the last time that I was in either was back in the Christmas season of 2006 when I took my daughter shopping. My shopping consists of clicking a few keys on my laptop and waiting 2 days for it to arrive to my front door since I despise the mall crowds.
Chuck43, swca and Elf1 like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2017, 08:07 AM   #4
Banned

No gangs here. The youngest kids in my area is 38yo. The rare occasion there is someone younger is when grand kids show up.
Chuck43, swca, Hawker800 and 1 others like this.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:18 AM   #5

Ask the judge: Gangs of Montana | Columnists | missoulian.com

Ask the Judge: More than 300 gang members reported in Billings | Columnists | billingsgazette.com
Chuck43, 2sharp2 and Hawker800 like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:01 AM   #6

Had that "Mall Law" here for a long time also. There have been a few gang related altercations that started in a store and spilled out into the parking lot and resulted into shootings. It has been about 4 years since I set foot in the mall and it was only because the oldest granddaughter wanted to go for her birthday so we did.

Otherwise I'm just like Marshall, socks, underwear, T-shirts, whatever click, click, click...wait a couple days, drag package off of front porch.

I do miss the Hot Pretzel's from the mall.
Chuck43 and Marshall like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 12:01 PM   #7

Originally Posted by montanaResident View Post
No gangs here. The youngest kids in my area is 38yo. The rare occasion there is someone younger is when grand kids show up.
I guess your only worry in Montana is that you hope the sheep never get organized then payback would be a problem!
Chuck43, 2sharp2 and RustyIron like this.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 12:20 PM   #8

Since Custer's last stand is only 48 miles from Billings and lost just under 300 soldiers, I have an idea...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Marshall likes this.
Hawker800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 12:44 PM   #9

Honestly ...as an AWG (average white guy) I do my best to not judge anyone by race or skin color. I grew up on the basketball courts as it was the only game I played in my youth. I didn't see the black ball players as any different...just someone to play ball with. I had the home phone numbers of many of the "brothers" to call for a game and they had mine....never an issue.

I only judge people, that I want to be around, by their actions and how they treat others. But we have in our area of Charleston, WV and surrounding areas the "black" parts of town that have become almost ghost towns. The businesses are just closing up or moving. One main street area there are often 5-6 empty store fronts in a row. Violent crime, shoplifting, B&E, drugs, car thefts and muggings are rampant in this part of town. Almost all of the 7-11, carry-out type stores are gone. You can't even by gas...stations are closed. Many of the stores that are still there can't find people who will work there. No one want to have walk around there and would never go there after dark. I always warn "out-of-towners" to avoid stopping in this area ..."just drive though and stay in your car after dark"

I know people who have quit to find other employment rather be transferred to retail businesses on the "West side". There is only one business I frequent there and only in the daytime and always armed.

Again I'm trying not to judge the "race" just the actions. Local police crime reports posted in the paper are 9 out of 10 in this area. It seems every "street" shooting comes from here as well.
It seems worse every year and I don't see it getting any better.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:37 PM   #10
Banned

Originally Posted by swca View Post
I guess your only worry in Montana is that you hope the sheep never get organized then payback would be a problem!
Only worry is being overtaken by nut cases from other states.

montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote