reeeeally hate doctors - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2017, 03:44 PM   #1

reeeeally hate doctors

had my usual check up scheduled with endo doc 3 weeks ago. I get there and they stuck me in with another doc. no problem the other guy wasn't really that good anyway....so any way he comes up with a new plan and says lets try this this and this. I tell him no problem as long as the one insulin is not what they gave me before.(humilin n). this crap tried to kill me several times. after a semi long conversation i was under the impression that the stuff he was prescribing was dif....

so i go pick it up...sob...same crap...so i figured i would give it another chance but i would not take big dose and inject reaaaaaly slow...

worked ok first week second week didn't do much...yesterday it did what it did before. within 30 seconds i would start to pass out...my hearing sounds like i have ear muffs on...weird echo...vision goes dark...shaky itchy...if i don't grab something sugar i would pass out within a minute...had 911 at my house several times before...i managed to pull through it...no one was home..the second i felt it coming i ran to the kitchen grabbed a can of peaches , opened the front door incase i needed 911...baaaarly made it to my chair, legs just gave out as i sat...had a hard time dialing but called my wife and kept her on the phone... she could at least call 911 and talk if i went offline...

the thing that po's me the most is the docs tell you well you went to low....every time i have managed to check and it has been above 200...i do go low sometimes to 50 and dont pass out...this is an allergic reaction....i have had it with this diabetes bs.....no matter what my body goes back to 250.

you tell these quacks and they just don't care. pretty sure all the metals have a big influence in false readings but can't get a straight answer from any manufacturer about what their meters are actually reading..conductivity ect ect...

fed up..end rant
Markie and starnovi like this.

Last edited by Shootinit; 08-03-2017 at 04:30 PM.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-03-2017, 05:16 PM   #2

Hang in there....good to get it out! Good for the BP....
Participant of the Southeast Asia War Games, 1971.
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:48 PM   #3

I hope you or your wife gave the doc a piece of your mind as well. That's malpractice plain and simple. There is a good reason not to trust just any doctor (unless you really know them and have their home phone number)! It would be different if there weren't documentation of your reaction to the med and then you reminded him. So sorry you went through that.
Elf1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2017, 06:28 PM   #4

You have the RIGHT to refuse any treatment or medication that you want. Don't let these folks railroad you into something you don't want.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:52 PM   #5

all the other times my wife was home...this time it was very scary...i did bleed alot after the shot...i think it happens when i hit a vein..last doc says that wouldn't do it....i call bs
Old 08-03-2017, 07:25 PM   #6

Wink Damn!!

That's why they call it a medical PRACTICE!! They haven't quite got it right, yet!!

Air Head.JPG
starnovi and Masquer08er like this.

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:28 PM   #7

Originally Posted by lineman View Post
that's why they call it a medical practice!! they haven't quite got it right, yet!!

Attachment 64041
that's for
sure.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:09 PM   #8

Originally Posted by DaveinNC View Post
You have the RIGHT to refuse any treatment or medication that you want. Don't let these folks railroad you into something you don't want.

yea they will just slap a big "NON COMPLIANT" IN YOUR FILE....

That is what the last bass turd did.
Jflytle likes this.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:41 AM   #9

If a doctor would just listen...!!!! If it is something important, try writing it down and ask them to put it in your chart. Some are just too arrogant to pay attention.
Masquer08er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:56 AM   #10
Super Moderator

Do you know what they call the dumbest person in the graduating class at medical school............... Doctor.

I've had my share of them and learned a long time ago not to see a doctor (ER exception) blindly. Most of you know I've just had some serious neurosurgery. I asked my primary doctor to recommended 3 surgeons, I made appointments and basically interviewed each of them. The top surgeon asked me what I did with my free time and I told him I workout at a gym 4 days a week. He looked at me like I was crazy and about said so, he asked why I would do something so stupid. As I stood up to walk out on him I told him I did it so I wouldn't end up on overweight out of condition slug like he was. Doctor 2 asked many of the same questions and said that my physical conditioning was going to make surgery easier for him and recovery easier for me, I never bothered seeing the third doctor.

Finding a good doctor takes a little time and isn't always easy but you have to do your homework or just accept what ever comes along and piss and moan about it.
DaveinNC likes this.

Last edited by Chuck43; 08-11-2017 at 06:56 AM.
Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote