Move over.... - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree62Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2017, 06:55 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
bhunted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sumner County, TN
Posts: 2,939
Move over....

......I'm a comin.
Your mission if you decide to accept it.

Mission: Convince us to move someplace. Whether where you live or.....
Completing mission gets you a few cases of beer or one bottle of a reasonably priced swill.

We are working on moving out of this crap hole of NJ. I have maybe a few more months of work on the house, then it goes up for sale.

We Thought! We were going to move down by my boy near Camp Lejeune but he may end up getting stuck in Pendleton again. He has 5 more years before he can retire. So no point us moving there. At this point he has no idea where they will end up.

Soooooo..... back to my original plan. Find someplace WE can be happy. Someplace where we can plan on going feet first. Where ever we go, he gets the house after we are gone anyway.

Criteria: Housing should be reasonable as well as taxes and cost of living. Fairly new. 1-6 years old or even new. Nice piece of property. No neighbors within a farts range.
I'm living now where there are 15 foot wide driveways between houses. Waaaaaaayyyyy to close! Be nice to have a shooting range on property but if not, not a deal breaker.

Climate not blistering hot and humid but no snow storms.
More nice days than not. No tornado alley, no Florida. No Caliscrewya. No blue states. Must be 2A friendly. Must be able to tolerate me as a potential neighbor. No flood zones, no crime ridden areas. Must have some sort of carry law. Castle Law would be nice, etc.

Oh! Here is one caveat and is a deal breaker if not. MUST have high speed internet. My wife still works and is allowed to live anywhere as long as she can VPN in on a reliable internet connection.

I think that covers it.
Yes, I am serious.





Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Markie and starnovi like this.
__________________
Regards,

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-18-2017, 07:05 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,290
Originally Posted by bhunted View Post
......I'm a comin.
Your mission if you decide to accept it.

Mission: Convince us to move someplace. Whether where you live or.....
Completing mission gets you a few cases of beer or one bottle of a reasonably priced swill.

We are working on moving out of this crap hole of NJ. I have maybe a few more months of work on the house, then it goes up for sale.

We Thought! We were going to move down by my boy near Camp Lejeune but he may end up getting stuck in Pendleton again. He has 5 more years before he can retire. So no point us moving there. At this point he has no idea where they will end up.

Soooooo..... back to my original plan. Find someplace WE can be happy. Someplace where we can plan on going feet first. Where ever we go, he gets the house after we are gone anyway.

Criteria: Housing should be reasonable as well as taxes and cost of living. Fairly new. 1-6 years old or even new. Nice piece of property. No neighbors within a farts range.
I'm living now where there are 15 foot wide driveways between houses. Waaaaaaayyyyy to close! Be nice to have a shooting range on property but if not, not a deal breaker.

Climate not blistering hot and humid but no snow storms.
More nice days than not. No tornado alley, no Florida. No Caliscrewya. No blue states. Must be 2A friendly. Must be able to tolerate me as a potential neighbor. No flood zones, no crime ridden areas. Must have some sort of carry law. Castle Law would be nice, etc.

Oh! Here is one caveat and is a deal breaker if not. MUST have high speed internet. My wife still works and is allowed to live anywhere as long as she can VPN in on a reliable internet connection.

I think that covers it.
Yes, I am serious.
As much as I would like to have you close to me {that sounded gay}, it gets really humid here in the Lou....
2sharp2 likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:07 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Cucamonga kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Big Sky Country-The Last Best Place
Posts: 4,049
Montana - Big Sky State - The Last Best Place
HELENA in particular. My son can build your custom home. Has everything you want and very little snow. Only 1 million people in the 4th largest state. I'm glad I moved here 23 years ago.
bhunted and starnovi like this.
__________________
Buy American - MAGA!
Cucamonga kid is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Old 08-18-2017, 07:14 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: northeast pa.
Posts: 541
I moved from Staten Island, about ten years ago and never looked back. Pennsylvania is heaven as far as I'm concerned. Wife retired, me disabled. Gun friendly state. People seem to nice! Got 4.25 acres , shoot right in the back. Look out back at deer, turkeys, rabbit fox, and accational bear. There's county fairs, hotrods that hang out on Wednesdays at the ice cream place's. Plenty of gun stores with friendly folks, and lots of gun shows, as long as you pass back ground checks. Carry permits are painless. That's my view, I'm sure others will have similar options. Wish you the best. There is snow but the crews are the best.
Marshall, Markie, JC45 and 1 others like this.
427malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:17 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,290
Big Skyy Country

Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
Montana - Big Sky State - The Last Best Place
HELENA in particular. My son can build your custom home. Has everything you want and very little snow. Only 1 million people in the 4th largest state. I'm glad I moved here 23 years ago.
A friend of mine just got back from Montana and he posted daily pics on Facebook and I was amazed of how gorgeous it is. I thought your temps were harsh in the winter months,but after further review it isn't bad at all...

Climate Helena - Montana and Weather averages Helena
Cucamonga kid likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:21 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
2sharp2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 11,296
Chattanooga is not bad...Tennessee in general is pretty good also. Here in Choo-Choo town, no snow to speak of, high speed internet (check), I think meets your needs, North Georgia is doable.
We do get more than our share of very humid days.
IDK.
Markie and starnovi like this.
__________________
The Kimber Family

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:30 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Elf1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 569
Now, lower Alabama is certainly humid BUT what's not to love? Look at Baldwin County, Daphne or Fairhope to be precise. Gorgeous land, close to water, friendly folks and we no longer ostracize damn yankees (that they come to stay makes them "damn"). Nice pace of life and living is CHEAP in comparison to the north. Oh, and did I mention we have Mardi Gras? Humidity is only a problem for those that work outdoors during the Summer cuz everyplace has AC and IF we choose to be outside in the Summer it's because we're on or in the water. Indoor ranges are plentiful and carrying is the norm. Plenty of folks shoot on their own property. Now, don't look at waterfront property - that'll cost a pretty penny. We may be too far south for you and that does make it hot, but while we don't tolerate cold very well, our blood is thin enough that none of us wilt during the Summer. Fairhope and Daphne have been featured in several magazines as the best kept secret in America for places to live so please don't tell too many folks. We'd kinda like to keep it that way!
Elf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:33 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,290
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
As much as I would like to have you close to me {that sounded gay}, it gets really humid here in the Lou....
Then again.................

We have all four seasons here in the Lou with winter temps not getting to low and snowfall of less than a foot for the year. We have the 11 time World Series Champions St Louis Cardinals, the STL Blues as our hockey team and the World HQ of Budweiser. Now if you move 45 minutes out of the city limits you can buy any kind of house with with plenty of acres to call your own.

#showmestate
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:36 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Cucamonga kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Big Sky Country-The Last Best Place
Posts: 4,049
IMG_0913.JPG
And did I mention there's hardly any traffic.
Marshall, Tejun, Jflytle and 1 others like this.
__________________
Buy American - MAGA!
Cucamonga kid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:41 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Lineman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Beautiful Downtown Monroe, GA
Posts: 3,765
Wink Here Ya Go!

All I have to say is: BEAUTIFUL DOWNTOWN MONROE,
GEORGIA!!!
Monroe-Beautiful Downtown Monroe 2.jpeg

Everything you asked for except we do have a humid day or two every now and then!!! In addition, 45 miles to the west is the city of Atlanta. That will give you something to laugh at!!!

We have everything else! Per Alan Jackson, "It won't take too long, it'll just takes money!!!"


And yes, that IS Alan's Ford GT. That is the real Tennessee license plate: YEE HAW!!!
Markie likes this.
__________________
The Lineman-Proud Army Dad!!
--Keith



Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!


Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter

Last edited by Lineman; 07-02-2018 at 02:40 PM.
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it worth it? BlondeBear63 Kimber Micro 9 Forum 84 07-04-2017 01:23 AM