Vertigo - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2017, 01:05 PM   #1

Vertigo

I have been experiencing what I can best describe as Vertigo off and on for the last two weeks. Has anyone experienced this problem? If so, what did you do about it?
starnovi likes this.

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-21-2017, 01:36 PM   #2

Denny one of our drivers at work was grounded because he had vertigo. His stemmed from a viral inner ear infection and he was prescribed antibiotics and water pills. He was back to work in a week.

I hope that's all it is because other things can cause it also...
Dude22 and starnovi like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 02:00 PM   #3

Hi Denny. We've finally hit a topic that is in my wheelhouse - I'm an audiologist. It is most probably from inner ear but can be caused by other things. You can check to see if it's inner ear because if it is, your eyes will "vibrate" (it's got a medical term called nystagmus). You can't see it yourself but someone else could look at you and see if it's happening when you have a bout of vertigo. The easiest thing to do is to go to an Ear, Nose, & Throat dr rather than a regular GP. He can diagnose if it is inner ear and treat it. If it's not then hit your GP because lots of benign things like meds can cause dizziness. Let me know the outcome!
Elf1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2017, 03:29 PM   #4

I was dizzy as hell the day after shooting my 223 for the first time at an indoor range...had a side vent comp on it...took that off now
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:39 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Dude22 View Post
I have been experiencing what I can best describe as Vertigo off and on for the last two weeks. Has anyone experienced this problem? If so, what did you do about it?
Holy shit, dude. That's terrible. But you CAN get better.

I had that problem a couple years ago. When it started, I thought maybe I was coming down with something. A couple days later I knew I was sick. A few days later, I thought I had the flu. I stayed in bed most of the time, because if I got up, I'd be dizzy. A couple weeks later, I was no better. Some days I couldn't drive. I couldn't stand on one foot without loosing balance. It was scary.

I went to the doctor, and she told me "Blah, blah, blah. Might take a couple days. Might take a couple months." Her exercises didn't help, and her drugs made me feel worse.

Next I tried the chiropractor, and he said, "Blah, blah, blah. Might take a couple days. Might take a couple months." His exercises didn't help.

I was coming up on nearly a month of being almost incapacitated, when a friend suggested I go see her acupuncturist. I wasn't a believer in that sort of thing. But I was desperate. I went to meet the guy. He's totally old-school from China. He looked me over, felt my pulse, looked at my tongue, got a grave look on his face, and said, "I'll make you better."

He burned some weeds on my head and belly, then stuck me full of needles. When I left, I felt the same. The next day I woke up, and felt 90% better. WTF? How? I was going downhill for a month, and it was turned around in a day. I didn't understand what he did, but it clearly had an effect. He knows I'm from a white boy culture, and I told him that I didn't understand what he did. He said, "That's ok. I do."

I kept seeing him for most of a year, and even now, I see him several times a year to get tuned up. He makes me a concoction of herbs, which I brew into tea. I don't know what's in his tea. It could be grizzly bear gall bladders, rhino horn, and tiger balls, for all I know. If I have a muscle problem from riding or fighting, he makes a topical stuff that contains, among other things, scorpions and leaches. Not kidding.

There's a solution to your problem, 22. It's just a matter of finding someone who can help you figure it out.
Dude22, swca and Bish like this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:40 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Elf1 View Post
We've finally hit a topic that is in my wheelhouse - I'm an audiologist.
Hear that ringing? Fix me!
speedydg13 likes this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:05 AM   #7

Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
Tinnitus sufferer here too.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:25 AM   #8

I'd have my doctor check it out for sure.
Chuck43 likes this.

You can tell alot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans. - Ronald Reagan
Spotly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:15 AM   #9

Thanks for everyone's input. I'm off to see an E.N.T. doc today at 2:15. I'll report back later this afternoon.

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:31 AM   #10

Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
If I only could fix tinnitus, the guns I could buy! Sorry, no real fixes for it since it's damage to your outer hair cells and short of some stem cell research, they can't be healed. Avoid aspirin as it can make it worse. Reducing salt intake helps some but honestly, it just bites that it's part of life for many folks who have had loud noise exposure for an extended time period. Wish I had better news for you both!
Chuck43, RustyIron, swca and 1 others like this.
Elf1 is offline   Reply With Quote