I bought some motorcycle boots. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2017, 03:37 PM   #1

I bought some motorcycle boots.

I know what you're thinking, why would a "pedestrian" need motorcycle boots.

Well, I've always wanted some brown leather Harley boots, and I recently found out they were being phased out. I found a pair in my size--and they were 50 dollars off the original price.

My favorite boots (when I rode) were the Tyson boots. Heck, you didn't even need to carry a weapon wearing those. But one day I went to my closet and everything was black--black jackets, black T-shirts, black boots, and my blue jeans were kind of black from just livin' the lifestyle.

So check out the Tyson boots, buy a pair and wear them until you die. Then Harley sells them to someone else--until he dies.

You cannot wear them out.
Chuck43, swca, speedydg13 and 3 others like this.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:31 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Now you won't have to worry about your feet getting cold when the snow falls and you have to run out and pick up the newspaper off the driveway.
DaveinNC likes this.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:23 PM   #3

Having lived long enough to have learned a lot of things....I always protect my eyes, ears, hands and feet and that's everyday. That's why I own 10 pair of shooting glasses and at least that many sets of ear muffs. But it's also why I own really good boots and have never owned a pair of sandals in my life.

Oh ...and gloves...I have gloves for everything. I never thought I would like shooting gloves ...I now own four pair and won't go to the range without them.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2017, 07:44 PM   #4

Saved Foot

If I had NOT been wearing my favorite pair of brown winter Harley riding boots back in 2013...I would NOT currently still have my right foot!

I see people riding all the time wearing tennis shoes, sandals, yes even a few flip flops, even drivers. More women passengers do not wear protective gear. When I see them going down the road I just SMH. If I see them like at a gas station or something I casually say hey I like your bike! If you could see the scars and hardware in my foot you would ride directly to the nearest boot store. Ride safe.
Chuck43, OLE442 and Tejun like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:01 AM   #5

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
So check out the Tyson boots, buy a pair and wear them until you die. Then Harley sells them to someone else--until he dies.

You cannot wear them out.
Chill out, bro. Relax. Get yourself a couple pairs of Tevas--one for casual, one for formal.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:22 AM   #6

Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
Ride safe.
I will ride safe, in my truck.

After discussions with my eye doctors (and my wife), I decided to sell both the Harleys and not go blind.

I've had two eye surgeries already and a cataract surgery coming up. I have a bit of a "watery" view in the corner of my left eye--the vision I need to change lanes.

After sharing lots of "teenage girls with cell phone stories," some of us guys with decades of riding experience have wondered if it's prudent to cruise anymore.

Since torn retinas derive from jolts and age, old bikers had to ponder the issue deeply. Frankly, I wasn't enjoying the ride anymore unless I was way in the back country--that's why I bought a Sportster with a four gallon tank.

But there have been a rash of crashes in my area. My dealer wanted both my custom, clean bikes and the money was too good to pass up. I took his check and never looked back.
2sharp2 and GoingSolo like this.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:23 AM   #7

Good boots mean a lot. When I was 10, I was riding my mini bike with sneakers. The clutch blew apart and I almost lost my left foot. Waring boots ever since then.
2sharp2 likes this.
427malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:48 AM   #8

Harley boots are pretty indestructible. I agree with 2sharp, when riding proper protective clothing is not an option.
2sharp2 and elfridaauston87 like this.
Chief1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:09 PM   #9

I bought a pair of Harley Boots one time at Gettysburg Harley dealer.
They were having some kind of big promotion and I was waited on by the Red Wing rep. Red Wing made some boots for Harley and some also were made un China. after about 9 years I decided to by a pair of Rockys. They are nice but like any boot they are best when just about worn out.
I have had a heart attack, two cataract eye surgeries and a right knee replaced in the last few year. I have been thinking about selling mine and my wife's Harley Ultra and Heritage. Thinking about buying a used muscle car convertible?
May sell my house and 40 acre farm buy a motor home and go until my money runs out. Then die. Don't have much money so who knows how long that will take.
bigdog10, 2sharp2, Lineman and 1 others like this.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:54 AM   #10

Wow, I panicked over just problems with one retina!

My ophthalmologist told me that my tear was from age and jolting. After about five decades on a Harley (and one too many instances of drivers texting not steering) I recently sold my Super Glide and my 1200 Custom. The last few years weren't that happy on the road--which is why I bought a maneuverable Sportster with a four gallon tank. I could get off the highway and into the back country.

Then that got tedious. Same thing happened with reloading. One day I was all "gang busters," the next day I sold all my presses.

BTW, with the laces and zippers on the Tyson boots, it takes a few days to "dial in" the perfect fit. I finally got that "aha moment" yesterday.

No doubt about it, if I'm wearing footwear, they're Tysons. And the brown ones have that "beaten gently" look I like. Seems like Harley guys all cling to black. I like the look of worn jeans, a torn section where your jackknife clips, and brown boots.